Beta feedback Ezlo Atom v2

A couple of days ago I got a device like this …
The packaging is intact. This was sent …

I tried to wash in an ultrasonic bath.
20% success …
Nevertheless, the device has earned.
For two days he worked very hard, he could be contacted on the strength a couple of minutes a day.
However, today it has earned.
Questions:

wow!!! it must have been badly damaged during transit!
We should send you another one asap.

1 Like

The package was intact. It seemed to me that he left production …
And … EZLO Plus(EU), can I still get it for testing?

Yes you can, we will get in touch with you soon @opel-oleg.

1 Like

As The beta Atom I received was bricked by a firmware push, I thought I would look inside. Looks to me like corrosion/oxidation caused by the glue.

It seemed to me that this is a violation of technology when soldering.
The board is not washed in time after installation.
The result is oxides. And disruption accordingly

Wow those boards look really bad :flushed:

@ElCid,
Can you add more details please.

How this Atom was disassembled ?
Which material was used to disassemble ?

Thanks.

my device itself fell apart when I took it out of the envelope.
There glue is present as a symbolic daub

@opel-oleg,
We will ship few more samples for you asap.

I applied a terminal screwdriver in the crack and twisted, slowly moving around the device. It was not to difficult. No solvents or any other material was used.

Hello

Received Atom V2 yesterday 2/7. Very long delays …

I plugged it in this morning.

I used my Vera Mobile account to initialize it.

I first connected via Wifi Atom_700xxxxx

I chose the WiFi network I wanted it to access and gave it the access key.

He reacted well but did not succeed on the first try. I asked to start again and there he did it with a message saying that he would have been connected to WiFi (mention of a “Grabber” ???)

Then I saw in Vera Mobile appear among my devices a device called 700xxxxx.

This device has always remained disconnected and “red dot”

I waited almost 15 minutes and as nothing was happening, I decided to withdraw it from my account and to re-pay to start the integration process again

Despite pressing for about 30 s, it does not seem to be reset. It flashes blue at a rate of 3s on - 3s off approximately. It is seen on the Wifi LAN under a “expressif” name with MAC B4: E6: 2D … and I can ping it

I tried to reset it without success by pressing 10 s or 30 s on the reset button.

Is there a particular way to do this reset?

Thanks for your info

Succeed to reset Atom V2 by pushing reset button 10 s

Succed integration on LAN Wifi

Is offline in Vera Mobile

Flashing 3s on 3s off

Waiting news of its connection on your Ezlo servers

PS : dirty device such ElCid and opel-oleg. → problem of producting, not shipping, seems to be glue

@goker @oleh @melih

My Ezlo Atom finally arrived today !

Setup wizard seemed to go OK but I cannot select the Ezlo Atom controller in the Vera app, I get an error and it doesn’t connect.

I assume this message was referring to the Atom’s own WIFI hotspot not having an Internet connection, I just clicked Connect Anyway.

The Atom was showing as offline and red for several minutes initially.

Eventually it become online and green. however when I click on it, I see this error message.

I can ping the Ezlo Atom device OK from my laptop and router and it replies. The blue light on the Atom is flashing on and off, not sure if that is normal ?

I tried unplugging the Atom device from the power and back in again but it made no difference.

Tried disconnecting the WIFI on my phone and reconnecting.

Tried closing the Vera mobile app and reopening. The app is version 7.40.492.

Phone is Android running version 9 Pie.

I then tried clearing the Vera Mobile apps Cache.

I then tried clearing the Vera Mobile apps Data and logged back in to the app.

On “Select Location” which should probably say “Select Controller” my Vera Plus and Vera Edge were showing as online however the Atom was red again and showing as offline.

Blue light on the Atom still flashing on and off.

At this stage I can still ping the Atom OK from my laptop and also from my router.

I had a quick look at the Get Vera gateway login page on my laptop, the Atom is also showing as offline on there as well.

So I waited for 10 minutes and its still offline, I was refreshing the Vera app page “Select Location” several times also.

I then unplugged the Atom for a second time and back in again. Ensure I could still ping the Atom device OK.

Atom still showing as offline.

Tried closing the Vera mobile app and opening again, still offline.

I then restarted my phone, opened the Vera Mobile app again and the Atom is still red and offline.

I then rebooted my router but its still the same the Atom is just showing as offline now all the time. I was unable to ping the Atom after the router reboot. Seems the Atom did not automatically connect back up to my WIFI.

So I unplugged the Atom for a third time and back in again. However I now still cannot ping the Atom.

Its still flashing blue on / off for 3 seconds.

After quite a few minutes I can now ping the Atom once again OK. However the thing is still showing as red and offline.

Extremely disappointing experience after waiting so long to receive this Atom sample in the post. I think end users would really struggle at the moment with these setup problems.

At this point I was getting hungry and gave up for now.

1 Like

I’ve just found this page on the Vera support site.

1. Connected to router, but not connected to the server
  • LED blinking once every three seconds

I’m wondering if this Atom is now bricked.

Factory Reset

• Button action: One very long (longer than 10 seconds) pressing
  • LED status: LED is on, turning off once the reset process is completed
  • Result: Reset firmware to a default version and wipe out everything, including the network settings as well as all the user accounts.

When I press the reset button for 10 secs or more it does not carry out the LED status as described above. Its just still flashing the blue light on and off for 3 seconds.

I removed the Atom from my account and now when I try to add it back again the Atom’s WIFI hotspot is not appearing.

Upon my first attempt at setup I did not see anything in the Vera app about it updating the software at any point.

But perhaps it was? Perhaps during one of the times I unplugged it?

How do you tell what firmware version the Atom is ?

Can you SSH in to these Atom devices ? (Putty - Network Error, Connection Refused) so possibly not.

I can actually still ping the Atom on the same LAN IP so its definitely not reset.

EDIT: I managed to reset the Atom, I unplugged the Atom, held down the pin hole button, then plugged the Atom back in.

I held the button for more than 10 secs, I then let go of the button briefly and held the button down again for a further 10 seconds. I could then see the Atom WIFI hotspot and run through the setup again.

The Atom device is now showing again in my Vera mobile app, but its still currently showing as red and offline.

The blue LED on the Atom however is now solid blue and not flashing. Looks like I put it in to include / exclude mode some how.

1. Atom is in inclusion mode - interview not started * LED is on
  2. Atom is in exclusion mode - interview not started * LED is on

Now its gone back to flashing on and off for 3 secs and is still red and offline.

1 Like

try using the ezlo api tool Ezlo API Tool

Thats how my beta Atom responded, facory reset did not respond. I found if i power cycled and pressed twice and then held fo 10 seconds i could force a factory reset and then the atom AP would re appear. I tried for days till Ezlo informed me it was bricked.

1 Like

ElCid

Read my edit above I have managed to reset the Atom and get it back in to the Vera app but its still offline.

The API page it sees the Atom device but the Api Calls drop down is not accessible.

And what did they say to as why it was bricked ?

If it was in the middle of a firmware update and power is pulled then that would brick it.

Did you ever see any message in the Vera app about it updating the software ?

I did not.