Beta feedback Ezlo Atom v2

Hello @ElCid

What is the serial number of your Atom ?

Thanks.

70060227 is the Atom serial

I am using an Iphone 11 with IOS 13.5.1.

Issue #1
When installing the PlugHub it said I had to allow the Vera app to use location services.
I would prefer if I had the option to proceed with setting up the controller with the option to do it later and/or not at all.

Issue #2
I liked that it took me specifically to locations services for the Vera on my Iphone so I didn’t have to hut to find it. I didn’t that after turning on location services, it didn’t tell me what to do. Before sending me to the location services screen it should have told me to go back to the Vera app to continue the installation after turning it on.

Issue #3
When I went back to the Vera app, it told me to “Plug the PlugHub into a power outlet.” It already was plugged it. The Vera app obviously knew this since it told me to allow location services.

Issue #4
It wasn’t clear what I should do next after going back to the Vera app. Should I hit back or scroll to the left and open Wifi Settings. (The correct answer/guess was scroll to the left.) You should have wording that tells people what to do. It wasn’t intuitive for someone not familiar with the product/UI/Iphone.

Issue #5
The app told me to go to my wifi settings and join the PlugHub wifi network. It didn’t tell me what to do next. Before going to the wifi settings, there should have been wording telling me to go back to the app after joining the wifi network. Again, if someone hasn’t hooked up a device like this before, they wouldn’t understand the principal of what you were trying to accomplish.
It would be great if you could make the app talk similar to how the Ring App does it.
Actually, that would be a great feature for adding any device.
Many people miss steps or try to skip ahead. When there are verbal instructions in addition to written instructions, this helps.

Issue #6
There was strange behavior the first time I turned on the PlugHub through the app. The blue light blinked and then the UI turned the display to show it off.
Subsequently, turning on and off the device it worked perfectly.

Issue #7
I went to another controller that I have in the app. I switched back to the PlugHub. When I turned on the PlugHub in the app, the switch turned on right away but the display didn’t change the display right away to show it was turned on. It was enough seconds of a delay for me to think something was wrong and for me to take a screen shot. I didn’t try to replicate it to see what scenarios this happened in. Subsequently, the display was very responsive.

Issue #8
I added a Aeon Labs Smart Energy Switch. (The older non-Zwave Plug model)
Model DSC06106-ZWUS. I used Generic Zwave Device. This device was paired previously to another system. It unpaired and paired to this controller properly. - I need to do further testing on this. - Nevertheless, it is was done pairing, at the button of the screen the word, “Done” was greyed out. The UI should use the Green like it does in other sections.

Issue #9
The AEON Smart Energy Switch was added as an “AEON in Wall Switch”. It obviously isn’t an In Wall Switch. When pairing this with a Vera Plus, it shows “Smart Energy
” Finally, with the Vera Plus, after awhile, when this device is added to the system, all these unknown devices start showing up. “_GET_LANG(generic_sensor,Sensor)1” "_GET_LANG(generic_sensor,Sensor)2” "_GET_LANG(generic_sensor,Sensor)3”. I am not sure I am going to have this same problem with the PlugHub.

Could you please edit the group name to also say PlugHub. I believe in the email you sent me it said to also comment her on the PlugHub.

Dear @sdtoddl,
Most of the issues you raised is about User Experience and we will try to fix them ASAP. I noted each one of them and we will see them in the following releases.

Let me answer the rest;

Location services are actually a general name to enable network scanning, within different versions of mobile operating systems (ios and android). To scan other wifi networks (like Ezlo plug hub’s) we are in need of this permission.

Unfortunately, there is no way to know whether it is plugged or not without scanning the wifi network, we need to warn user about this situation.

We are working on local mode and other features to make responsiveness faster, from time to time, depending on strength of internet connection it may cause delays like that. Stay tuned for the local mode :wink:

We will check this, it looks like a bug but will check and let you know in the following days.

The rest are actually UI/UX problems that we will work and fix ASAP.

Kind regards,
Goker

@Oleh @Ioana
Just wondering what is happening, it has been nearly four days since this Atom started flashing and went off line(since Ezlo server outage on Thurday). Support have been no help and i have had no feed back as to the issue. Can someone tell me if i should bin this device or is the issue Ezlo’s side. It would be nice to know whats happening.

Hi ElCid,

We’ll ship you another Ezlo Atom v2, the root cause was identified and fixed, it was an issue with a staging fw build being pushed to the Atom v2 by mistake. The Atom with SN:70060227 cannot be used anymore.

Thank you for reporting this and helped us to catch the problem now.

Ok, thanks for feedback,.
Shame i was looking forward to messing with VOI

Location services are actually a general name to enable network scanning, within different versions of mobile operating systems (ios and android). To scan other wifi networks (like Ezlo plug hub’s) we are in need of this permission.

sdtoddl:
For Apple IOS location services is solely limited to allowing an app to see your GPS coordinates. Unless someone is doing geofencing, it shouldn’t be necessary to require people to turn this on.

Also, where should I post general UI and/or bug reports that aren’t necessarily related to the Ezlo or the PlugHub?

On a side note, I am really excited to see how Vera/Ezlo evolves. Thank you for being so responsive.

Just received the Atom V2 Saturday in the mail. Started playing with it this morning.

Was able to add it to my system with no issues.
Showed up initially and I could get to the menu.
Tried to set up a geofence and it exited to the Controller selection menu.
Rebooted it and tried again with same result.
Tried to add a room and it said there was an error and it returned to controller selection page.
Now unable to get beyond the controller selection page with the Atom.

Roger

Hello @RogerO.

Can you write please serial number of your Atom V2.
What is the status in app on the controller selection page ?
Is it - “Connection OK” or “Offline” or “Upgrading software” ?
What is the LED behaviour ? Is it blinking one time per sec or one time per 3 sec ?

S/N is 70060214
Status is online
No LED activity at all

Hi @RogerO. Do you Android or iOS mobile app? If Android, which version?

Android v7.40.478

The atom connection issue should be fixed in the beta that we will release today.

It seems to be working now. Geofence is gone, was that intended?

Hi @RogerO. Geofence is not supported yet on ezlo controllers.

Was able to connect and add a few rooms. Now it is back to old behavior where I cannot select Atom under devices.

Hi @RogerO. Yesterday we released a hotfix 7.40.485. After the update(it can take a day till google will rollout the update to all testers), can you please check if your issue is fixed?

Appears to have resolved the issue.

1 Like