Any news on the aeon-labs multi sensor

What means if red LED is ON all time (not flashing)?

It usually means that it is awake. It will be on all the time if powered by USB. On battery power, it normally flashes during an automatic wake-up or stays on for for some seconds after being triggered by motion or after pressing the internal wake-up button.

Hello Gents,

Does anyone knows a way to modify the Temperature returned by the 4in1 sensor ? The one I have has a 3degC offset and I could not find any mean to adjust it.

Thanks

Anyone else having difficulties pairing the 4-in-1 sensor even after upgrading the firmware for both the sensor and Veralite?

I had to downgrade to Z-Wave firmware 2.78 before the sensor would pair properly.

If it’s on battery power, you can have the device be awake for a while by quickly pushing the button three times. And the same to put it back to sleep. The red LED will be steady on while awake.

I’m not aware of a parameter to do that (similar to what is possible in other devices).

@rengelking,

Welcome!

Were you able to include any other device while on 3.20? It should work, including the 4-in-1.

[quote=“rengelking, post:399, topic:166105”]Anyone else having difficulties pairing the 4-in-1 sensor even after upgrading the firmware for both the sensor and Veralite?

I had to downgrade to Z-Wave firmware 2.78 before the sensor would pair properly.[/quote]

I almost purchased a bunch of these from ZWaveProducts.com a couple of hours ago; glad I did some research first (although it’s made for a pathetic Friday night).

Here’s my summary of this thread (the issues that have been encountered with this device):

1. Setup/Pairing/Configuration Issues
  2. Polling/Reporting issues (Seems to be resolved by setup suggested
  3. False Motion Triggering due to faulty hardware
  4. False Motion Triggering due to firmware (??)
  5. Temperature readings that are too high (by a couple of degrees)
  6. Power consumption issues (typical battery life 3-5 weeks?)
  7. Wakeup Issues
  8. Disparity between sensor readings of different devices (i.e. line up 3 multi-sensors and get big variations in temp, light lux, humidity)

I added #4, which hasn’t been mentioned in this thread, but I think might be implied. If Aeon Labs are saying that there are only a VERY FEW devices affected by faulty hardware, then based on the number of people experiencing these issues, perhaps there is something else (either MCV firmware or multisensor firmware). Thoughts?

Am I missing anything problems with these devices?

Here’s the big question that I’m sure everyone wants to know: How many of these problems are resolved by updating to latest firmware versions (currently device firmware 1.18 and Vera 1.5.622)?

Lonestar10 - you say your device is now working perfectly with MCV 1.5.622. Can you confirm that all these issues, including false motion triggering, are now gone? Can anyone else confirm?

[quote=“Lonestar10, post:389, topic:166105”]My Aeon 4-in-1 finally works perfectly after the MCV 1.5.622 firmware release.

What’s the best way to program the sensor to ignore motion between certain hours?[/quote]

Mine works fine. To address your specific points:
[ol][li]worked OK after 622 upgrade[/li]
[li]polling twice as often as wake up works, apparently[/li]
[li]never seen a false motion detection (ie. no false alarms overnight)[/li]
[li]see above[/li]
[li]generally within one degree of a different device next to it[/li]
[li]a bit heavy on batteries, perhaps 8 weeks?[/li]
[li]seems to wake when it should[/li]
[li]i only have one, but see (5) above[/li][/ol]

It’s a key device in my home presence detection scheme of things.
Planning on getting another one for separate building.
HTH

Hi,

I’ve installed following the instructions on this thread (thanks guys).

The sensor has the latest firmware and I’m using VERA .622.

The 4-in-1 installed fine and all sensors are working and I’m running it from USB power (config as LG showed)

However, the light sensor always shows as ‘Configuring’. If I click ‘Configure Node now’ in the light sensor it will then say ‘Getting name’ and eventually turns red ‘Unable to get any information on node’ after a few minutes (the poll period is 6 mins).

Other than that the sensor is working correctly and displaying light changes.

Any ideas on how to force this?

You can not configure the child devices. It must be done on the parent device. That is why you are getting the error message for the light sensor as it is a child of the parent.

• Garrett

Thanks Garrett.

I hadn’t tried configuring that node until it just showed ‘Configuring’ all night. That’s why I tried to flush it by configuring it from the light sensor.

As I say - it’s working fine, just annoying with the red icon saying there is a problem.

I thought by setting the configuration for the whole device (motion sensor) it would flush it through but that doesn’t do anything either.

Oh well.

Last I remember, the only way to get rid of that is to exclude and re-include the device again (Wish there were a simpler method).

• Garrett

I was going to do that.

But in the light sensor 'Advanced’t tab there was an entry ‘Configured’ -3.

I changed this to 0 and clicked SAVE. That’s got rid of the warning.

This is OK as I know there is nothing wrong with the node.

Saved having to Exclude and Include for no good reason.

Any word on the false trigger issue? I upgraded mine to the latest firmware after receiving them last month and they still are unusable. False triggers occur within 10 minutes of arming them.

I have never managed to get mine to work without false triggers, i got the false triggers on wakeup eliminated with a pleg workaround, but still had lots of false triggers. I have returned them now, and the guy at Vesternet wanted to test them. If it is the sensors i will get a replacement, if not i might look at other sensors

It is not a problem with any of the z-wave controllers it seems, as every controller forum reports the same issue. The sheer fact that they have not resolved this problem after this amount of time is utterly ridiculous and shameful to say the least. I just bought 6 of these and now have wasted close to $400 on them. 100% useless. Will not be purchasing any of their products again.

My 4-in-1 will stop reporting temperature, light and humidity after a few weeks (after fixing them at silly values… the temp now reads 34 degrees c). Replacing the batteries (rechargables) seems to fix this for a while. The strange thing is: the unit will still report motion & battery level on a regular basis.

Perhaps the sensors stop working properly if the battery voltage drops below a certain point? I will try running a USB cable outside and power it that way.

[quote=“Les F, post:388, topic:166105”]@LG

Set my multisensor (on usb power) per your settings…everything is reporting in perfectly.

Only thing I am not thrilled with is the led on the sensor is always lit (obviously because the sensor is always awake). Am I just being picky, or is there some way to disable the led (as one can on the HSM-100). Yeah, I know its not hurting anything just that at night it makes the sensor stand out. (Yes, I can always put some white electrical tape over that area to shade it).

Thanks for posting all the settings and screen shots!
Les[/quote]

Any news on this issue ?
CE

@CE

As far as I know there is no solution to the red LED being on while on USB power.

The MultiSensor doesn’t have a parameter setting to change this.