Any news on the aeon-labs multi sensor

Requested the beta firmware from MCV there on Tuesday and still haven’t heard anything from them :frowning:

Is this the link that other people used?

Here is the latest reply I received from Aeon Labs with respect to the false triggering issue. I guess from what they are saying if you have a problem send it back for a replacement.

“Email Quote”
Sorry i did not respond to you in a timely manner, i have been doing research based on some of the multisensor motion sensors.

The issue is a problem with a very limited number of the Multisensors. The FAE department was aware of the problem and a quality check was performed on the Multisensors motion sensor being produced at the factory in the month of December 2012.

The tests were done with these tasks in mind:

1. No human disturbance environment
  2. Use 9 Multisensors in one room at once
  3. Include infrared interference

Through our records, the start time of the tests happened between December 8, 2012 to December 12, 2012.This showed that all the Multisensors tested work and run as expected of the product.The sensors that were tested send/receive data properly with no false positives from the motion sensor (No one walked into the room during the test).

In conclusion, not all of the Multisensors have the false positive triggering problem, it is only a small percentage of the Mutlisensor that carry this problem.

Best Regards,
Chris

I never received an reply from MCD , however I see there is a new public firmware release available for download (1.5.622).

Now my multi sensor shows up as 4 devices in the UI. Play time…

[quote=“davkav, post:383, topic:166105”]I never received an reply from MCD , however I see there is a new public firmware release available for download (1.5.622).

Now my multi sensor shows up as 4 devices in the UI. Play time…[/quote]I just got my multi sensor and I have the latest firmware you mentioned above. I only see the motion detector sensor in my UI? I thought it might be the sensor firmware so I upgraded that but still no luck with the other 3.

I have Vera Lite

Edit- I’ve excluded and included a couple of times and still only see the motion sensor. I’ve gone through all 26 pages of this thread and couldn’t see anything else to try. I’ve sent a note to Aeon.

[quote=“dferrey, post:384, topic:166105”][quote=“davkav, post:383, topic:166105”]I never received an reply from MCD , however I see there is a new public firmware release available for download (1.5.622).

Now my multi sensor shows up as 4 devices in the UI. Play time…[/quote]I just got my multi sensor and I have the latest firmware you mentioned above. I only see the motion detector sensor in my UI? I thought it might be the sensor firmware so I upgraded that but still no luck with the other 3.

I have Vera Lite

Edit- I’ve excluded and included a couple of times and still only see the motion sensor. I’ve gone through all 26 pages of this thread and couldn’t see anything else to try. I’ve sent a note to Aeon.[/quote]Anyone have any ideas? I went through the device firmware upgrade process again, excluded and included but still only see the motion sensor?

Does it go through the configuration process OK? See: [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,3831.msg102469.html#msg102469]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,3831.msg102469.html#msg102469[/url]

If it does all that you should have all four devices on your UI.

[quote=“RexBeckett, post:386, topic:166105”]Does it go through the configuration process OK? See: [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,3831.msg102469.html#msg102469]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,3831.msg102469.html#msg102469[/url]

If it does all that you should have all four devices on your UI.[/quote]Thanks (I must have had sleepy eyes when I got to page 22 :))

I followed those instructions and at some point I got the 3 more sensors. But I also had 2 motion sensors so I deleted one and damn if the other 3 that just magically appeared, disappeared. Now I’ve gone through it again and I just keep getting the red error: “Unable to get any information on node” message on the motion sensor when I hit the configure now button.

So I excluded and included, then followed your steps and I now have the 4 sensors. Thanks for your help.

@LG

Set my multisensor (on usb power) per your settings…everything is reporting in perfectly.

Only thing I am not thrilled with is the led on the sensor is always lit (obviously because the sensor is always awake). Am I just being picky, or is there some way to disable the led (as one can on the HSM-100). Yeah, I know its not hurting anything just that at night it makes the sensor stand out. (Yes, I can always put some white electrical tape over that area to shade it).

Thanks for posting all the settings and screen shots!
Les

My Aeon 4-in-1 finally works perfectly after the MCV 1.5.622 firmware release.

What’s the best way to program the sensor to ignore motion between certain hours?

JimMac, did you ever get this false triggering problem sorted out ? I have the same problem with 21 sensors (started a thread about it) but have not found a solution yet. I use PLTS to get around the sensors triggering on wakeup, but still get quite a few false triggers. Sensitivity is only set half way between min and max. Vesternet who i bought from are trying to get in touch with Aeon to find out what to do, but have not heard back

[quote=“Lonestar10, post:389, topic:166105”]My Aeon 4-in-1 finally works perfectly after the MCV 1.5.622 firmware release.

What’s the best way to program the sensor to ignore motion between certain hours?[/quote]

You can’t program the sensor to do this. You could use scenes to put the sensor into Bypass during the times when you don’t want it active. You could also add Luup to the scenes being triggered by the sensor to lock it out during certain hours.

The most flexible solution would be to use a Program Logic Event Generator (PLEG) plugin to provide the schedules and logic that you require.

Try to add MultiSensor…
Why no information about manufacturer?

Anybody has same error? (battery power)

Anybody has same error? (battery power)
[b]Everybody[/b] has the same error on battery power. See following for how to configure: [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,3831.msg102469.html#msg102469]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,3831.msg102469.html#msg102469[/url]

I found manual in Wiki
http://wiki.mios.com/index.php/Aeon_4in1

What means if red LED is ON all time (not flashing)?

It usually means that it is awake. It will be on all the time if powered by USB. On battery power, it normally flashes during an automatic wake-up or stays on for for some seconds after being triggered by motion or after pressing the internal wake-up button.

Hello Gents,

Does anyone knows a way to modify the Temperature returned by the 4in1 sensor ? The one I have has a 3degC offset and I could not find any mean to adjust it.

Thanks

Anyone else having difficulties pairing the 4-in-1 sensor even after upgrading the firmware for both the sensor and Veralite?

I had to downgrade to Z-Wave firmware 2.78 before the sensor would pair properly.

If it’s on battery power, you can have the device be awake for a while by quickly pushing the button three times. And the same to put it back to sleep. The red LED will be steady on while awake.