Any news on the aeon-labs multi sensor

http://www.aeon-labs.com/site/products/view/7/

Anyone have any updates as to when/where available??

Not that I have heard, last time I spoke with them it was supposed to be shipping in March… obviously that didn’t happen.

I asked again in May… no response specifically to that question. Kind of disappointing.

I put in another email to Aeon to see what is going on.

I emailed them yesterday and got this reply:

The Multisensor will be available in a couple of months. The retail price should be around $60-$70. Thanks for your interest.

Best Regards,

William Li

Yeah, the last time I emailed them they said May (as I recall). Was hoping they would have been out by now…

This is interesting… almost like its available…

Just got word that they are aiming for around Thanksgiving on these.

I’ve been holding off buying motion sensors until these come out. I am getting kind of tired of waiting. Not sure why I like these. Maybe because I like the movie spaceballs.

Any fresh updates or should I still plan on configuring my new multi sensor while having Thanksgiving dinner?? :stuck_out_tongue:

I am half tempted to throw an HSM100 out there under the eaves just to see if it survives… I know a lot of you have done so with good results.

I just got tired of waiting and repurposed one of my HSM-100’s for outdoor use. I put a thin bead of silicone caulk around the edge of the lens, and just applied electrical tape to the seams that would be exposed to the weather the most. I wasn’t able to tape all of the seams due to it being mounted in a corner.

Mine has only been in the elements for a few days now, but I must say I am quite confident that it’ll survive just as well out there. It installed well under the eves, so the protections I mention are really just for ambient moisture, or the odd strong wind/rain.

Just sent Aeon an email regarding the availability of this device and was told that it would be available in January.

Not holding my breath at this point…

BUMP!

@ASIHOME - any news on when this unit is being released??? This seems to be dragging on forever…

Nothing yet and yes it does seem to be dragging. I have been bugging them a lot lately on this unit and the mirco switches but don’t seem to be getting anywhere quickly.

No joke! Come on Aeon Labs!! End the waiting and let us buy these!

I received an email back from aeon labs today. “soon” is all I could get out of them. :-\

Yeah, their definition of “soon” can now be measured in years, not months.

I expect they must be having an issue with the unit - battery life or something else… I wish there was another vendor out there coming out with an outdoor unit…

[quote=“fall-line, post:9, topic:166105”]I just got tired of waiting and repurposed one of my HSM-100’s for outdoor use. I put a thin bead of silicone caulk around the edge of the lens, and just applied electrical tape to the seams that would be exposed to the weather the most. I wasn’t able to tape all of the seams due to it being mounted in a corner.

Mine has only been in the elements for a few days now, but I must say I am quite confident that it’ll survive just as well out there. It installed well under the eves, so the protections I mention are really just for ambient moisture, or the odd strong wind/rain.[/quote]

Hi fallline

does light and temperature sensors work with MiOS ?

thanks

kicking this topic again to see if any ‘new’ news on the availability of the aeon multi-sensor…
Other than their ‘soon’ response.

[quote=“rotorboy, post:17, topic:166105”]Hi fallline

does light and temperature sensors work with MiOS ?

thanks[/quote]

Yep, they work just fine.

but are they for sale yet? If so, where cause I can’t find them!