Any idea on estimated time for universal app (iPhone/iPad)

The background issue only applies to screen backgrounds; due to a bug, changes in screen backgrounds were not saved correctly. The next build will fix this.

Workaround: after adding or removing a screen background, hit OK on the preferences screen, click the spanner to go into edit mode, then click Save.

If your config is now too big to load, you could try restarting your iPad and try again with the maximum amount of memory available. Then remove the unwanted background with the workaround[/quote]

Thanks for the fast answer. Ok clear the workaround. How can I delete in this way the old backgrounds that I have added? Should I readd and cancel again?

Do you think that is possible in the next build to delete all the image not used?

Thank you again
Matteo

Simply load the backup config, remove the backgrounds you don’t want (open the screen preferences and select None for image), then enter edit mode and hit Save. You can then save a new backup to phone or Dropbox; this one will no longer contain the image data.

Hi intveltr

When you get chance, have you had any thoughts on the following?

Aesthetically speaking, an option to centre a video feed would help to align the devices.

Hi Intveltr,

I did as you say and the backup is now 850 kb. Perfect. But as soon as I add one background of 300k the backup becomes 3 mb bigger. That it is very strange. Could I check in the hwconfig file which file are stored (e.g. Background files).

Thank you
Matteo

Inviato dal mio iPad con Tapatalk HD

The current version stores images in raw format (uncompressed), which requires quite a bit of memory and file storage, even if the original image is compressed. I am adding some code to store images in compressed JPEG format, and uncompress the images only when needed for display. This will cut down significantly on file size and especially on memory usage.

It’s not possible to inspect the hwconfig files, they are encrypted. (For your own good: your MiOS password is in there :slight_smile: )

I’ll look into this :slight_smile:

[quote=“intveltr, post:45, topic:172874”]The current version stores images in raw format (uncompressed), which requires quite a bit of memory and file storage, even if the original image is compressed. I am adding some code to store images in compressed JPEG format, and uncompress the images only when needed for display. This will cut down significantly on file size and especially on memory usage.

It’s not possible to inspect the hwconfig files, they are encrypted. (For your own good: your MiOS password is in there :slight_smile: )[/quote]

Hi Intveltr,

for your information no problem of restore with big backup file (22 mb) on Ipad 3 and iPhone 4. It crashes only on the iPad 1 for memory reason.

Regards,
Matteo

I am using the HomeWave app on iPhone and really like it. Any news about when the universal app will be released?

This weekend I’ll release what is hopefully the last beta build. Barring any major issues, this version can then go to the App store some time next week; add another 2 weeks for the review process.

[quote=“teonebello, post:47, topic:172874”][quote=“intveltr, post:45, topic:172874”]The current version stores images in raw format (uncompressed), which requires quite a bit of memory and file storage, even if the original image is compressed. I am adding some code to store images in compressed JPEG format, and uncompress the images only when needed for display. This will cut down significantly on file size and especially on memory usage.

It’s not possible to inspect the hwconfig files, they are encrypted. (For your own good: your MiOS password is in there :slight_smile: )[/quote]

Hi Intveltr,

for your information no problem of restore with big backup file (22 mb) on Ipad 3 and iPhone 4. It crashes only on the iPad 1 for memory reason.

Regards,
Matteo[/quote]

With the new beta version the backup file is now only 2 mb, that is great! I didn’t notice any slow down in the app on my iPad 3.

Thank you
Matteo

Inviato dal mio iPad con Tapatalk HD

-v1.3 #5

I am not seeing any new or (my) previously reported issues.

I am still wondering if you will support the Nest Humidity sensor functionality in the app.

I’ll have a look, shouldn’t be too hard to add.

New beta build has the Nest humidity sensor added

-v1.3 #6

Nest Humidity sensor now appears under Sensor Measurement.

Something odd I noticed is that the Draw Ring option for any Sensor Measurement device doesn’t do anything. Is this by design? If it has no function maybe it should be removed or disabled (grayed out)?

On my iPhone, I can select a default screen of ‘Home’ and it will take me to my list of rooms. On my iPad if I select ‘Home’ as the default screen I am defaulted to the first room in the list. I am guessing this is by design?

I have my setup configured by rooms. I do wish I could add some more rooms. I have 10 rooms on the Home screen, but I need more. Right now my only option is to make the rooms smaller so I can add more (I think). Have you thought about the ability to add another page to the Home screen (at the home screen swipe right/left to get additional list)?

Thank you for your excellent work.

I’ve been using HomeWave for a little over week now and it has become my new favorite app on my iPad and iPhone. There are a few things I still have to switch over to Automator.app for, but I’m sure that will be fixed soon as more controls are added.

Pros:

[ul][li]Great flexibility and customization while still being simple. I wanted to love SQ Remote so much but never could because it is just way to complicated to setup and doesn’t implement the controls this well.[/li]
[li]Active development and participation in the forums listening to user request.[/li]
[li]Intuitive design and control, love the dial controls.
[/li][/ul]

Cons:

[ul][li]Not many controls - considering how new this app is and how much has been done to it, I’m sure this won’t be an issue much longer.
[/li][/ul]

Observations / Request:

[ul][li]Thermostat Control - It would be nice to be able to display the status of the A/C (Idle/Cooling/Heating). I noticed the flame on the set points but it would be nice to display the status as well. Also I have noticed a few times I use the dial to change the setpoint for the heat or cooling and it shows say 72 degrees than I look back and it is set to 73 degrees, this has happens a lot.[/li]
[li]Camera Control - I like the PTZ implementation and framerate once you click on the image but it would be nice to be able to display realtime framerate for multiple cameras on the same screen. Two way audio would also be nice.[/li]
[li]Alarm Control - Now that I have installed the EnvisaLink 3 onto my DSC system this is a major need right now to arm and disarm my alarm system, right now I have to switch over to Automator.app to control it.[/li]
[li]Timer Control - I have a bunch of Countdown Timers that I need to Mute / Unmute, right now I have to switch over to Automator.app to control them. [/li]
[li]Layout Editor - I like the tiles to place the controls on but it would be nice to either break them down more or override them and use free floating for some controls. An example is a screen where I have an image of my floor plan and overlay the sensors from the alarm system and place camera controls where the cameras are.[/li]
[li]Text - Would like to have more options for text as far as size/font/color.[/li][/ul]

Over all this is a GREAT app and I can’t wait to see where it ends up in a year from now. Once I can control my Alarm system and Timers I can switch over to this app 100%, until then I will deal with switching to Automator.app for the few controls I don’t have access to on this app.

~Chris

Hi,

May I ask which dimension should be the image for the background on iPad to avoid redimensioning/stretching?

Thank you
Matteo

[quote=“Chris H., post:55, topic:172874”]Observations / Request:

[ul][li]Thermostat Control - It would be nice to be able to display the status of the A/C (Idle/Cooling/Heating). I noticed the flame on the set points but it would be nice to display the status as well. Also I have noticed a few times I use the dial to change the setpoint for the heat or cooling and it shows say 72 degrees than I look back and it is set to 73 degrees, this has happens a lot.[/li]
[li]Camera Control - I like the PTZ implementation and framerate once you click on the image but it would be nice to be able to display realtime framerate for multiple cameras on the same screen. Two way audio would also be nice.[/li]
[li]Alarm Control - Now that I have installed the EnvisaLink 3 onto my DSC system this is a major need right now to arm and disarm my alarm system, right now I have to switch over to Automator.app to control it.[/li]
[li]Timer Control - I have a bunch of Countdown Timers that I need to Mute / Unmute, right now I have to switch over to Automator.app to control them. [/li]
[li]Layout Editor - I like the tiles to place the controls on but it would be nice to either break them down more or override them and use free floating for some controls. An example is a screen where I have an image of my floor plan and overlay the sensors from the alarm system and place camera controls where the cameras are.[/li]
[li]Text - Would like to have more options for text as far as size/font/color.[/li][/ul][/quote]

The thermostat control is fixed in the upcoming version (no more mismatch between the displayed and transmitted value). The flame / ice thing should show the status, but not all thermostats support this.

Camera video/sound has been requested a few times, but it requires a bit of work as Vera does not natively support this.

Alarm support is coming, and I’ll look into the countdown thingies. Same for text formatting

Free-floating controls shouldn’t be too hard to implement, actually. Perhaps it could be implemented as a per-control option, to detach them from the grid.

The last beta build fixes this (for the control part of the screen, anyway). This is a more or less square area so a square picture works best, but even rectangular images now get cropped to fit rather than resized. Keep in mind to that the image does stretch slightly when rotating the screen.

The home part of the screen is still a bit problematic: the image there does stretch when rotating (that part of the screen changes shape a lot more than the control part), and the image itself doesn’t rotate. Which is sort of intentional, as the buttons also do not rotate as a group, but individually, so they retain their position over the image.

The whole rotating / resizing part is a nightmare for an app like this :slight_smile:

Not sure why that is, HomeWave should run fine on any iPad (I have it running on an iPad 1). It could be an issue with the iOS version; I recently lost the ability to test against iOS 4.x (Apple won’t let me support the iPhone 3G and iPhone 5 at the same time) and my old iPad runs iOS 5. The issue could be specific to your iOS version and the iPad. What iOS version is on your phone?[/quote]

I waited to see if HomeWave 1.3 worked on my iPad, but I am still having the same problem. It flickers open briefly and then shuts down. iOS version on my phone is 5.0.1 (9A405). HomeWave still runs perfectly on my phone, but I would really like to be able to get it running on my iPad. iPad 2 is version 4.3.5. I’m hoping i don’t have to upgrade iOS on either device, I made the mistake of doing that on my phone once and that was a nightmare.

The OS is the most likely cause. I suspect HomeWave uses a feature that isn’t present in 4.3.x, but the compiler doesn’t throw a warning about this even if you specify 4.3.x as the target OS. The result is a crash.

HomeWave should run on 4.3.x (it used to) but it is difficult testing against this version. I don’t have a device on that version of iOS, and Apple won’t let me downgrade either my devices or even the simulator, which won’t run on OSX mountain lion. I’ll check if someone here has an iPad with an older iOS on it, else I may be able to run an older OSX version in VMWare.