Any idea on estimated time for universal app (iPhone/iPad)

Any idea on estimated time for universal app (iPhone/iPad)

Hard to say :slight_smile:

The next update already contains some of the required changes (to support the larger screen of the iPhone 5). Depending on how things go, I might be able to add iPad support but if it means delaying the next release past end October, then it’ll happen in the next version.

Hi intveltr

I’m just adding a +1 to have your app tadapt to work on the iPad too.

The recent iOS6 update has made the Safari browser experience for UI5 terrible, so I’m finding myself using the iPhone app (in a small window) on the iPad more and more :wink:

Hi Intveltr

I’m sure I’m pushing my luck on asking for the progress on certain updates, :wink: but since using Vera under Safari became painful after updating to iOS6 , I’m itching to have your app in an iPad version.

Do you think you will have universal app by the end of this calendar year?

I think so but it’ll be tight :slight_smile: It depends on the comments and issues that will come out of the next release. There’s been some big changes in the way controls are drawn, with many options to customize the look & feel (I’ll post a little preview this weekend), so I expect some requests for changes or bug reports. Other than that, the release after the next I want to focus on the iPad version and support a few more devices (blinds and alarm panels).

Another to consider with the iPad version is please make it a universal app, I can’t stand buying an app for both my iPad and iPhone when you only use one at a time.

Also please think about backing up the confit file to iCoud or something so if I spend time on my iPhone I can import it to my iPad, I may want to customize it later but it makes a good starting point. Plus I have multiple iPads and iPhones so if I update it on one iPad I don’t want to have to do it again on my other iPad for the house.

Does the current Dropbox feature not qualify as something?

Hi Intveltr - i was just curious how things were progressing in making your HomeWave app, a universal app (iPad/iPhone) ?

Progress is ok but I’ve been too busy with other stuff the past few weeks :slight_smile:

The controls and screens already work fine on the iPad, they were designed to resize to any screen size. Most of the work is in reworking the dialog windows and adding the new iPad-specific toolbar (which combines the toolbars on the Home and Control screens). I still hope to have a first cut ready in a week or so and send it to some beta testers.

[quote=“intveltr, post:9, topic:172874”]Progress is ok but I’ve been too busy with other stuff the past few weeks :slight_smile:

I still hope to have a first cut ready in a week or so and send it to some beta testers.[/quote]

I am always willing to Beta test for you. :slight_smile:

[quote=“intveltr, post:9, topic:172874”]Progress is ok but I’ve been too busy with other stuff the past few weeks :slight_smile:

The controls and screens already work fine on the iPad, they were designed to resize to any screen size. Most of the work is in reworking the dialog windows and adding the new iPad-specific toolbar (which combines the toolbars on the Home and Control screens). I still hope to have a first cut ready in a week or so and send it to some beta testers.[/quote]

Great news, I still have the test flight app on my iPad if you need me to do any testing …

Hi Ronald,

If you need (more) beta testers, i’d be willing as well.

Dennis

I can help beta test!

Any idea why the app won’t run on an iPad (either in small/iPhone size or 2x)? Works great on my iPhone 3GS but if I try to launch it on my iPad 2, it starts to open up for a moment but then quickly closes. If I double click on the home button to see open apps the Homewave icon is there as though it is still running, but again when I try to launch it, the app just flashes briefly and dies. I think I’ve seen someone comment they can run it in 2x on an iPad. MyiPad settings–>general–>version=4.3.5 (8L1). I have tried deleting and reinstalling tha app.

It is working great on my iPad 3 and iPhone 5.

My only issues are that it wants to convert my thermostat to metric and not all scenes will run.

Not sure why that is, HomeWave should run fine on any iPad (I have it running on an iPad 1). It could be an issue with the iOS version; I recently lost the ability to test against iOS 4.x (Apple won’t let me support the iPhone 3G and iPhone 5 at the same time) and my old iPad runs iOS 5. The issue could be specific to your iOS version and the iPad. What iOS version is on your phone?

The first cut of the iPad-enabled version is almost ready for beta testing. If you’d like to help out with testing (and haven’t been a beta tester of HomeWave before), then please:

I hope to have the app ready for testing tomorrow.

Hi intveltr

Where would you like me to share my observations on the iPad release ?

Here or by email, up to you :slight_smile:

Ok. Here are a few to get you going. :wink:

1. strange resize of space on the creation page.?

2. unable to resize area, even though neighbours are the same size?

3. Text size when going from landscape to portrait.