Any idea on estimated time for universal app (iPhone/iPad)

Hi intveltr,

I accepted the invite on test flight but the app is not showing up. Should it show up or am I not permitted yet?

Thanks
Brian

Hi Brian,

Not sure what happened there. I’ll include you in the next build, coming later today :slight_smile:

Great, you broke it already :slight_smile:

Heh, how did you manage that? Did this happen while rotating the screen or a drag/drop action?

2) unable to resize area, even though neighbours are the same size?
Stinky rounding errors... fixed in the next build of today (I hope). During rotation of the device, the detail screen gets resized and the small controls have to be resized accordingly... much harder than it sounds :/
3) Text size when going from landscape to portrait.
Noted... I probably have to add an option to fix the text size. For now, the next build will size the text according to the smallest dimension. In any case, you'll have noticed that the home screen does not rotate (only the contents of individual controls are rotated). That means that this part of the screen prefers squarish buttons.

Always happy to help :wink:

Another observation…

1. When adding the cameras, they are aligned to the top, and there is not option to centre or bottom them.

[quote=“intveltr, post:22, topic:172874”]Hi Brian,

Not sure what happened there. I’ll include you in the next build, coming later today :)[/quote]

I got it. Thanks!

I have a few observations that I will post up later today.

Brian

Intveltr,

Thanks again for the opportunity to test out the new version.

I see the new app supports the Nest Thermostat plugin. That is great.

Specific to the Nest Thermostat, I have some comments.

-The Nest Thermostat display does not show the current temperature setting. Mine shows 0 degrees.

-The Nest plugin supports the display of Humidity. Can you support this feature in your app?

-The Nest Thermostat in the UI5 GUI will show the Heat/Cool/Auto/Off settings. How are these features controlled through the app?

-When I attempt to manipulate the Thermostat Set Points (small arrows), the app will crash.

General Comments:

-The top menu bar has two gear icons. What is the purpose of these? They both seem to do the same thing (screen properties).

I think I didn’t add the Nest correctly. I’ll look into it after the holidays :slight_smile:

Re the gear buttons: one sets properties for the top/left part of the screen, the other is for whichever control screen is currently displayed

[quote=“intveltr, post:27, topic:172874”]I think I didn’t add the Nest correctly. I’ll look into it after the holidays :slight_smile:

Re the gear buttons: one sets properties for the top/left part of the screen, the other is for whichever control screen is currently displayed[/quote]

Thanks for the hard work.

-v1.3 #3

The Nest now shows the current temperature Setting and it no longer crashes when I attempt to modify the set points.

I can control the Thermostat, Fan and Home/Away settings. I will continue to play…

Do you have plans to support the Humidity setting?

*Edit: The Home/Away function doesn’t seem to function in the App. Setting the Away mode on the Thermostat and then polling the status in the App doesn’t update to reflect the actual status. Also, toggling the status via the App doesn’t change the actual Home/Away status on the Thermostat.

I’m not sure how the Nest plugin is structured. I noticed a SwitchPower service in the HVAC device of the plugin. What’s that for?

Is Home/Away controlled from the NestStructure device?

[quote=“intveltr, post:29, topic:172874”]I’m not sure how the Nest plugin is structured. I noticed a SwitchPower service in the HVAC device of the plugin. What’s that for?

Is Home/Away controlled from the NestStructure device?[/quote]

I am sorry that I don’t think I can answer your questions. I don’t have much experience with the development side. Maybe if you ask the Nest plugin developer (watou)?

Or if the answers can be provided by looking at some settings or files on my Vera, I would be happy to provide anything I can to help (files, screen shots, etc).

In the UI5 GUI, the Nest plugin appears as 4 separate controls.

-Main Control for Nest account details
-Home/Away control
-Humidity status
-Thermostat control

Here is link to the ReadMe for the Nest plugin:

http://cocu.la/vera/nest/README.md

Please let me know how I can help, and thanks!

I note that the display for electric power is shown (for large enough numbers) in units of MWh with two decimal places. Given that electric meters show units of kWh, can we have an option which shows that? Or, at the very least, add another decimal place to the display so that we can read it to the nearest kWh.

Just a thought.

AKB

intveltr,

I had another issue pop up today while re-sizing controls. I was changing the size of some of the controls and I exited the app without saving. When I reloaded it I had a small control inside a big control. I reset the control dimensions and it went away. Look closely at foscam 3 in the first pic. (I am running the latest beta)

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/gBKTQzDXHGqpjU7ds9oEn9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/OIHJjg_cp_eQhshMwVZdKdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/CAhH_vC4eJpAy6R8n8FJetMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

That helps narrow things down, I think :slight_smile:

Hi intveltr

Where can I view the backend device that my new Homewave controls are linked to?

I have a number of lights in the same room, plus temperature and humidity sensors and often move them around the house etc.

Is it possible to see the Device ID and the Device description being referenced?
I’ve had a look, but can’t seem to see anything…

Also if I change a device description in the Vera web UI, how long does this take to make its way through (if at all?) to HomeWave (device selection listing?)

Hi Intveltr,

First congratulation for your work for the iPad version.

Just a small note: on the panel control I cannot more see or edit the last column on the right. Please see the attachment.

FYI I m trying to create a a 3d schema with the button on top.

+1 to the comment asking for the device id/ name in the button info

Inviato dal mio iPad con Tapatalk HD

Strange, that right hand part of the panel should have controls in it. How did you end up with that? You can probably fix the screen by selecting a tile on that panel, bring up the grid size window, and use the grid reset button.

In general I am interested in how people manage to get the screen in this incorrect condition, as I am unable to reproduce this. The one bugs have found so far in the grid code is that rotating the iPad while doing a drag and drop messes up things.

The device listing in HomeWave is updated when the app starts up (cold start, not a resume from suspend) or when you use the refresh button on the device selection screen. A change in the Vera UI will never propagate to the actual controls, though.

It’s a good idea to add the device id to the selection screen and the control properties page. I’ll do that.

-v1.3 #4

The Nest Home/Away function now works properly. Well Done!

-Do you plan to support the Nest Humidity sensor?

One item that I have seen that is not always reproducible is that sometimes when I change the temperature set point on the app, it doesn’t always translate to the correct temperature setting on the thermostat. For example, I will change the set point on the app from 72 degrees to 70 degrees. This will sometimes translate to a set point of 69 degrees on the thermostat. I will then rotate the set point on the app again to 70 degrees and the thermostat set point will be correctly updated. It’s not a huge issue for me, but I wanted to point it out.

Hi Inveltr,

I’m having an issue with the iPad beta version. If I add a background and then removing it, it is still stored in the database. Changing different background, now my backup file is bigger the 22 mb and I’m not also not more able to restore it.

Is it possible to delete the background as soon as it is removed? Is it possible to remove all the background, icon, photo not more linked to any object/button?

Thank you in advance for your feedback
Matteo

The background issue only applies to screen backgrounds; due to a bug, changes in screen backgrounds were not saved correctly. The next build will fix this.

Workaround: after adding or removing a screen background, hit OK on the preferences screen, click the spanner to go into edit mode, then click Save.

If your config is now too big to load, you could try restarting your iPad and try again with the maximum amount of memory available. Then remove the unwanted background with the workaround