ALTUI : New Features Suggestions

ok, in next release

While on kilowatt hours, the abbreviation should be kWh; AltUI (or is that ALTUI) shows it as kWH. Sorry for being so pedantic but it upsets my OCD. :slight_smile:

[quote=“a-lurker, post:468, topic:188330”]While on kilowatt hours, the abbreviation should be kWh; AltUI (or is that ALTUI) shows it as kWH. Sorry for being so pedantic but it upsets my OCD. :slight_smile:

ok , thx

amg0,

Do you think it can be possible to add more choice under Devices / Category ? Like Door Sensors, Motion Sensors, …

Like in the screenshot…

@amg0, I don’t know if this was by design but the ALTUI main page hangs and does not allow any functionality when the internet is disconnected. I believe some of the java code call out to some APIs and are not allowing the page to go any further. Is there anyway to fix this?

Check the doc for the local cdn option.
In no internet access mode you will lose the google gauge feature but the rest should be ok.

I would like to be able to use the value of a bag variable for a timer.
I find myself using the Bag functionality quite a lot lately.
In the very first state after initializing I set all the Bag variables I need. To be able to change the value of a timer that is used in many transitions in a workflow by just editing the init of a Bag variable would be quite neat.

There is one feature of the Vera UI that I would like to see in AltUI, namely the ?My Preset Modes? screen. This is the screen where you can set the preset for every device for each house mode.

Is it possible to add this functionality?

[quote=“pls90, post:473, topic:188330”]I would like to be able to use the value of a bag variable for a timer.
I find myself using the Bag functionality quite a lot lately.
In the very first state after initializing I set all the Bag variables I need. To be able to change the value of a timer that is used in many transitions in a workflow by just editing the init of a Bag variable would be quite neat.[/quote]

in next version… Timer duration will be :
-either a number in seconds
-either a text like “min - max” to get a random value between min and max in seconds
-either a Bag[“varname”] to use the Bag value ( in seconds )

incredible, thank you!

@amg0,

It appears that the “multi_state_button” control only supports numeric values in ALTUI, where UI7 allows text values.

I have a plugin that uses a multi-state to switch between comfort and economy modes. It is tied to the UPnP HVAC_UserOperatingMode1 action SetEnergyModeTarget, and the states EnergyModeTarget and EnergyModeStatus, which can have values “Normal” or “EnergySavingsMode”. It does not use 0/1 numeric values. I can work around this issue in ALTUI by providing an alternate plugin-specific service/action that uses numeric flags and works on both Vera and ALTUI, but I think it would be a nice enhancement if there as parity between the two on this control as well. Most of the existing code works (there are some numeric comparisons made but they only affect display not operation–bInverted, for example), but handling the click/action is where it stops working, in ALTUI_PluginDisplays.toggleButton().

[quote=“rigpapa, post:477, topic:188330”]@amg0,

It appears that the “multi_state_button” control only supports numeric values in ALTUI, where UI7 allows text values.

I have a plugin that uses a multi-state to switch between comfort and economy modes. It is tied to the UPnP HVAC_UserOperatingMode1 action SetEnergyModeTarget, and the states EnergyModeTarget and EnergyModeStatus, which can have values “Normal” or “EnergySavingsMode”. It does not use 0/1 numeric values. I can work around this issue in ALTUI by providing an alternate plugin-specific service/action that uses numeric flags and works on both Vera and ALTUI, but I think it would be a nice enhancement if there as parity between the two on this control as well. Most of the existing code works (there are some numeric comparisons made but they only affect display not operation–bInverted, for example), but handling the click/action is where it stops working, in ALTUI_PluginDisplays.toggleButton().[/quote]

can you send me your plugin files so I can see how that works ?
where do you define the possible textual values for the variable and how they map to the button state ( on or off ) ?

if the information cannot be derived from plugin json files for instance, then I could enhance ALTUI_PluginDisplays.toggleButton to work with a map of textual values but that would still require to implement a ALTUI specific plugin display code ( very easy ) to use that.

PM’d the relevant section to your Inbox. If you need the entire file, let me know. Thanks for looking at it!

When I type in a command to the OS Command box, and then hit instead of pressing the Run button, I get a web page with:

No handler for data_request?id=?

…or just a blank web page, depending on whether I’m on openLuup or Vera.

(This is using Firefox on a Mac.)

Is there any way this can be made to work as expected and just run the command?

Thanks if possible!

[quote=“akbooer, post:480, topic:188330”]When I type in a command to the OS Command box, and then hit instead of pressing the Run button, I get a web page with:

No handler for data_request?id=?

…or just a blank web page, depending on whether I’m on openLuup or Vera.

(This is using Firefox on a Mac.)

Is there any way this can be made to work as expected and just run the command?

Thanks if possible![/quote]

in github and in next versions

Thank you!

Is there any chance that you could change the label on the checkbox column on the Plugins page?

At the moment, we have two columns labelled Update, and this often leads to confusion as to why clicking the checkbox doesn’t update the plugin!

Peraps Auto would be a better name for the checkbox, since it does indicate auto updates?

Thanks if possible.

[quote=“akbooer, post:483, topic:188330”]Is there any chance that you could change the label on the checkbox column on the Plugins page?

At the moment, we have two columns labelled Update, and this often leads to confusion as to why clicking the checkbox doesn’t update the plugin!

Peraps Auto would be a better name for the checkbox, since it does indicate auto updates?

Thanks if possible.[/quote]
Ok in next release

Wondering if you could change the way “WOL+Ping” (urn:schemas-garrettwp-com:device:WOLPlusPing:1) displays? Can it show up light an on/off light switch? I believe that’s how the designer intended it to map (the light is on if the device’s “status” is 1, etc)

Thanks

Would it be possible to add tabbed windows to the Lua Test page, so that it was easy to switch between multiple test codes?