ALTUI : New Features Suggestions

That would be incredible. Thank you for considering it.

Gesendet von meinem SGP612 mit Tapatalk

Would it be possible to add the descriptive name for each Vera on your login/landing page? If you look under details, the descriptive name shows up right below ā€œPK_Installationā€ as ā€œNameā€. I have multiple Veras, and it would be nicer if I didnā€™t have to look at the IP address to access the one I want to manage.

Thx

I think youā€™ll find that the machine name is only stored on the Vera.com servers, and is not defined locally on the machine itself. Hence, I imagine, hard to do.

I think youā€™ll find that the machine name is only stored on the Vera.com servers, and is not defined locally on the machine itself. Hence, I imagine, hard to do.[/quote]

in fact it is possible I think. I just need to ask @sjolshagen to post this updated file on the server he graciously offered to host this login page.
here is the fixed file.

I think youā€™ll find that the machine name is only stored on the Vera.com servers, and is not defined locally on the machine itself. Hence, I imagine, hard to do.[/quote]

in fact it is possible I think. I just need to ask @sjolshagen to post this updated file on the server he graciously offered to host this login page.
here is the fixed file.[/quote]

sjolshagen deployed it as I can see, and it works
thank you sjolshagen

Ah, I see. So this bit, at least, is trueā€¦

can we have a confirmation prompt on deleting workflows? I accidentally deleted one with an errant mouse click. AltUI should ask before deleting itā€¦ Thanks

Sure, note that until you ? save workflows ? your changes are not committed to the Vera so it should not be lost unless you clicked I save button

[quote=ā€œamg0, post:448, topic:188330ā€]Sure, note that until you ? save workflows ? your changes are not committed to the Vera so it should not be lost unless you clicked I save button[/quote]Thanks. Yes, agree the changes are not committed, but there is a moment of panic when the workflow immediately disappears unexpectedly. Then you can see that maybe it is not gone because you havenā€™t pressed save, but if you have a lot of work invested in the workflows, it is scary for a timeā€¦

yes, it ll be in next version ( it is in the beta on github )

Thanks on the last item.

One more: how about a ā€œyearlyā€ timer. We have up to monthly now, but I would like to have a yearly event such as every October 1. Can this be done?

[quote=ā€œjswim788, post:451, topic:188330ā€]Thanks on the last item.

One more: how about a ā€œyearlyā€ timer. We have up to monthly now, but I would like to have a yearly event such as every October 1. Can this be done?[/quote]
unfortunatelyu I can only do what UI7 engine supports. they do not appear to have a yearly event support for timers

There is always the GCal plugin ?

Oh, I can use the GCal plugin (Iā€™m using it now), but it would be simpler in some cases to have it built into the timer. I didnā€™t realize that UI7 couldnā€™t support it. I suspect openLuup might be able to support a yearly timer?

Well, it would be a deviation from the ā€˜standardā€™, but could be worth askingā€¦

PLEG allows yearly timers. I have an outlet I control with House Modes during Christmas where we plug in the tree. It goes off at night and comes on in the morning and turns off when in Away or Vacation mode. This schedule only runs from mid November to early January.

yes so does ALTUI workflows, you can create state transitions with one year timer. but the point was that the default VERA scene engine ( and the underlying data structure in user_data ) does not support yearly. so many workaround are possible, but not natively

Hi amg0,
would it be possible on myHome page to add variables Text1 and Text2 of Virtual Switches please ?
Generaly would it be possible to choose the variable shown in the ā€œValā€ column please ?

[quote=ā€œpapapout, post:458, topic:188330ā€]Hi amg0,
would it be possible on myHome page to add variables Text1 and Text2 of Virtual Switches please ?[/quote]
yes in next version

must think more about it

amg0,

Do you think it can be possible to add more choice under Devices / Category ? Like Door Sensors, Motion Sensors, ā€¦