ALTUI : New Features Suggestions

[quote=“akbooer, post:480, topic:188330”]When I type in a command to the OS Command box, and then hit instead of pressing the Run button, I get a web page with:

No handler for data_request?id=?

…or just a blank web page, depending on whether I’m on openLuup or Vera.

(This is using Firefox on a Mac.)

Is there any way this can be made to work as expected and just run the command?

Thanks if possible![/quote]

in github and in next versions

Thank you!

Is there any chance that you could change the label on the checkbox column on the Plugins page?

At the moment, we have two columns labelled Update, and this often leads to confusion as to why clicking the checkbox doesn’t update the plugin!

Peraps Auto would be a better name for the checkbox, since it does indicate auto updates?

Thanks if possible.

[quote=“akbooer, post:483, topic:188330”]Is there any chance that you could change the label on the checkbox column on the Plugins page?

At the moment, we have two columns labelled Update, and this often leads to confusion as to why clicking the checkbox doesn’t update the plugin!

Peraps Auto would be a better name for the checkbox, since it does indicate auto updates?

Thanks if possible.[/quote]
Ok in next release

Wondering if you could change the way “WOL+Ping” (urn:schemas-garrettwp-com:device:WOLPlusPing:1) displays? Can it show up light an on/off light switch? I believe that’s how the designer intended it to map (the light is on if the device’s “status” is 1, etc)

Thanks

Would it be possible to add tabbed windows to the Lua Test page, so that it was easy to switch between multiple test codes?

One other suggestion not sure if it?s been made before, could a clock be added to show the time of the machine on the top bar? It could be useful for troubleshooting.
Also the homepage weather widget fails to load after a couple of loads. Could this be fixed? It looks like a frequency limitation.

[quote=“rafale77, post:487, topic:188330”]One other suggestion not sure if it?s been made before, could a clock be added to show the time of the machine on the top bar? It could be useful for troubleshooting.
Also the homepage weather widget fails to load after a couple of loads. Could this be fixed? It looks like a frequency limitation.[/quote]

the weather widget is a iframe, I have no control over it, you must be hiting a service threshold limit.
regarding the time , I ll look but not the vera time , I would use the local client time ( not to add overhead to vera quering for that )

Thank you, I understand the additional overhead on the vera however my thought behind this is that the remote vera time is more useful as it is usually the problematic one…

i ll check if the date can be taken at load time, could be enough.
You also have the OS Command screen, it is easy enough to have your own favorite command in it : cf screen shot

Yes getting it maybe at the browser page load time would be enough and then let the client browser derive time from it. The convenience to have it at the top is to be able to check the coordination while on other ALTUI pages.

Possible to open a URL if one were to click on a camera image in a panel? Ideally, I would be able to open the camera GUI from the panel. Clearly, this would only work if one were on the local LAN.

Possible. Which panel ? (Please show me a screen shot so I am sure what you are referring to )

Here’s my custom camera panel page. If I click on a particular camera, it would be nice to have an action. Possibilities are (from simple to hard)
1: just open the IP address of the camera
2: open a specific URL in a variable
3: open an application with parameters (i.e. launch VLC)

@amg0. Been running 2400 and now just upgraded to 2405. Thank you for the quick turn around.

Hi amg0,

After upgrading to 2405 on my PI I just got Waiting for initial data message at the bottom. In the console I noticed that the controller got disabled because it did not respond. Looking at a network trace I noticed there is a response in 2.3 seconds. After increasing the timeout in the multibox initialization function from 2 to 10 seconds it is working again.

Can you set the timeout less aggressive for the next release?

Cheers Rene

[quote=“reneboer, post:496, topic:188330”]Hi amg0,

After upgrading to 2405 on my PI I just got Waiting for initial data message at the bottom. In the console I noticed that the controller got disabled because it did not respond. Looking at a network trace I noticed there is a response in 2.3 seconds. After increasing the timeout in the multibox initialization function from 2 to 10 seconds it is working again.

Cheers Rene[/quote]
Yes several users reported this, I ll make this a variable

…could there be an option to turn this off? I, for one, find it hugely distracting (eg. when looking at Lua Test Code…)

…could there be an option to turn this off? I, for one, find it hugely distracting (eg. when looking at Lua Test Code…)[/quote]
hugely :slight_smile: ? I will add an option

[quote=“reneboer, post:496, topic:188330”]Hi amg0,

Cheers Rene[/quote]

in next version, ALTUI device’s variable ControlTimeout will be the default ms ( defaulted to 3000 ms )