7.32 Vera Firmware - Beta Release

HA is indeed impressively dynamic on how fast community development moves!
I run HA already parallel next to my VerPlus.

IF HA would have something equally intutive like Reactor I would have switched already.
I"ve also worked with the multi-reactor running as a container on my NAS and “ported” the Vera Reactor logic to MSR but still.
The automations thing in HA still is to me very unfriendly to use, especially if complex and nested sequences checking a lot of states like I do in 1 minute on Reactor…

Would it be THAT complex have HA equipped with a similar Reactor engine…eg as a plugin or something.

On a side note; I did the final upgrade to 7.32 Update 4 last week. I must admit I was a bit scared after reading some of the comments here. This will be the last update ever I guess. It stops at 7.32/U4

Supply chain issues…we are working on it…
1)We are coming up with a way to move devices from Vera to Ezlo…(using Ezlo as a secondary controller)…
2)Supply chain issues…trying to sort it…(its crazy crazy silly supply chain problems…)…

Also we have been building https://ezlogic.mios.com/ as an automation engine with a dashboard (it currently works with your old Vera (if you have the bridge plugin). )

1 Like

Reactor is not an only solution.
If you can compare it with NodeRED (flow-based engine, developed by IBM staff), it a child.

For example, typical job “When somebody come throw garden door, send a photo from CCTV by the Telegram, if nobody at home”

5 mouse movement to place nodes on the screen
4 mouse movements to connect
5 clicks to fill parameters (select devices)

For example, “garden entry” - is a Vera device yet (now and up to 2 weeks), but nobody cares anymore.
And a dashboards. After death of Imperihome, there are not many dashboard tools with the device-based access control.
Can you give native Vera “dashboard” to you children? Can you block “change” to boiler thermostat, but allow to change children room thermostat and dimmers?

Please, tell me, how to move devices, if Ezlo hardware not found in Russia?

As mentioned before.
We are at the mercy of the supply chain problems! It will be resolved…just a matter of time.

Thanks for that link. I was not aware of it and it does explain why I have additional controllers when I log in to home.getvera. But I could not find the bridge plug in when looking through the Vera Plus apps. I searched under bridge, ezlo, and mios. Perhaps it has to be externally installed?

I had previously installed Vidoo and attempted to add camera being controlled by Blue Iris. I only spent a few minutes since I am not sure if the password I am using is correct, although it works in Blue Iris. Regardless, those 4 cameras did appear in the ezlogic screen, which is very nice.

Here it is:

Vidoo integration into ezlogic will be more complete beginning of January…

1 Like

There seems to be a bug in Vidoo when attempting to add a camera that it has detected, it didn’t accept my correct username and password either.

Instead I had to manually add my camera and its url and login details etc and that way worked.

Very good - I did not see that post. I’ll have to budget a few hours this weekend to work on that. Thanks also to @reneboer.

1 Like

I had tried that, and got the cameras added, but I do not get any video streams. No time at the moment so it is on my to-do list.

1 Like

What are your cams? Vidoo doesn’t support h.265 video codec yet. On my hikvision cams I had to change them to h.264 before they would stream in Vidoo.

@melih as you have become active on this particular thread, would you care to comment on the Vera firmware beta and if a final public version will be released? And will that be the last firmware update for Vera hubs?

Thanks.

We are thinking about continuing to do updates on Vera Firmware so that there will be a path to upgrade to new Ezlo platform.

The context is to create a path for upgrading to newer EZLO hardware.

10 Likes

The latest Beta FW should be supported the Fibaro Walli Switch FGWDSEU-221 (see the improvement list : Added DPW to DB for Fibaro Walli Switch FGWDSEU-221). The Device could be paired and also controlled via GUI. If I press the manually the first Button (Child E1) on the switch (in the wall), the switch status in the GUI is updated immeiatedly, so as expected. If I press the 2nd Button manually on the switch in the wall, the switch status in the GUI is follwing the real state only after the Deviced was polled.
Is this switch is only implemented as 50? I’ll believe, from what does I’ve read, that there is an issue with the association groups. But uncomfortable I’ve no idea to fix this one by hand.

This 7.32 beta 4 has made my Sensative Strips Drip completely unusable. After the upgrade I noticed it was the one device that didn’t look right - it was waiting for wake-up to configure, and I am pretty sure it was assigned a different device ID during the upgrade. Upon wake-up it not only completely reconfigures itself, it gets added as a new device. So after trying the process that allowed the Strips Drip to work great under 7.30 and previous versions several times, I ended up with it being named “Pet Fountain Leak 1 1 1 1” - the 1 added each time it reconfigured and re-added itself. On my final attempt I added the configuration options before I changed the device type and files, it all looked good - and then upon a Vera reload it was back to waiting for wake-up to blow away everything I had done.

Now I risk hardwood floor damage, but hopefully the Mongoose upgrade was worth going to the final code version.

That might just be the best decision you’ll ever make in tempting the remaining die-hard Vera lovers like me (along with your other MIOS customers) make the switch over to Ezlo at a later date…:wink:

9 Likes

That would be great but too late for me, for example, I’m now deep into Hubitat. I waited for a few months for any definitive news for a migration path to no avail, the Vera app and sluggishness and overall unreliability and associated reduced WAF was killing me.

There’s just these two last Fibaro Switch 2s that stubbornly refuse to let themselves be reset to be included in Hubitat. Think I will get rid of them… Never liked them anyway.

3 Likes

I hope so! I’ve really, really had enough of my Vera and wouldn’t mind upgrading to an Ezlo device, but I really don’t want to have to set up my entire network from scratch.

3 Likes

+1 for an easy upgrade path for vera to ezlo. I have been a vera user for about 10 years , upgraded from vera 2 to vera 3 to vera plus and do not want to have to repair all my inwall/inceiling zwave devices

2 Likes

How do you like the Hubitat system so far?

I have a problem with my vera plus.
All my devices is gone and the dayly backup does not bring them back, so I asked suport for help.
I had a internet breakdown at that time.
Suport seems not to understand the problem.
Or maybe does not care ??
Sory, suport has always been great.
Is suport closing ?

As ezlo is not in Europe I think I will go to Fibaro and wait to see what Ezlo will come up with in Europe some day.