Zoom control for Panasonic Camera

I just installed my first camera controlled by Vera, and it worked like a charm. I can view the main room of my weekend home remotely, and am very pleased with how simple the setup went.

However, there seems to be a control available in Vera to zoom (“+”) the camera, and that’s not working. I can use the camera website itself and zoom, so I know the camera is working properly and capable of zooming, but the plus-sign from within Vera doesn’t do anything (nor, obviously, does the minus-sign).

Am I missing something? Or is this simply not supported with the camera I’m using (Panasonic BL-C121)?

Any thoughts/comments appreciated.

I just got a Panasonic BL-C210 and the zoom doesn’t work through Vera. I am thinking that it would be fun to try and modify the existing Plug-In to enable the two zoom buttons on the UI screen. I am guessing here, but maybe the Plug-In was written for a Panasonic camera that didn’t offer the zoom option and the buttons are there as a “future” to be implemented later.

I think your camera is fine, it is just something that needs some plug-in work mapping the zoom butons to the proper UPNP command for zoom on the camera.

Thanks Shady. I sort of figured that might be the case, but wanted to check with everyone here given this was my first camera install with Vera.

I thought the C210 had zoom too but after I raised it as a bug, micasaverde said Panasonic cams don’t support it. When I look in the panasonic web interface I don’t see it either so I guess it doesn’t have it?

I have 4 Panasonic cameras (BL C131) and the zoom control in Vera doesn’t work (pan & tilt controls work fine with Vera). Zoom works fine when I use the Panasonic website to view the cameras. Vera firmware is .979 and I have new dongles.

Must be a Vera issue.

My mistake, I think you’re right about the C210. Digital zoom might be nice, but viewing at 640x480 usually gives enough of a zoom effect for me with the C210.

http://www.panasonic.net/pcc/products/netwkcam/lineup/bl-c210/

This website states that it does have 3x digital zoom??? (but not through cell phones) There are no buttons on the camera’s webpage for zoom…what gives?

I figured out the zoom by accident, by using the scroll wheel on my mouse (when viewing the camera through Panasonic’s webcam viewing utility). How you do it without a scroll wheel I’m not certain.

[quote=“slackner, post:8, topic:165800”]I figured out the zoom by accident, by using the scroll wheel on my mouse (when viewing the camera through Panasonic’s webcam viewing utility). How you do it without a scroll wheel I’m not certain.[/quote]You mean the devices normal built in webpage? If so then this doesnt work on my C210

Edit…So in IE8 it does work, but in Chrome not :frowning:

Not that i see myself using the zoom feature, it kind of makes whoever posted (someone from MCV) saying that the Panasonic cams didn’t support it, a slight untruth!
Alright, so i guess its perhaps a client side digital zoom but anyway, the Vera viewer could do the same?

[quote=“strangely, post:10, topic:165800”]Edit…So in IE8 it does work, but in Chrome not :frowning:

Not that i see myself using the zoom feature, it kind of makes whoever posted (someone from MCV) saying that the Panasonic cams didn’t support it, a slight untruth!
Alright, so i guess its perhaps a client side digital zoom but anyway, the Vera viewer could do the same?[/quote]

All-

Has anyone had success getting the pan/zoom to work through Vera on some of the newer Panasonic cameras (like WV-SW175)?

Don

UPDATE: I have gotten the pan/zoom to work but not the presets.

I have the same issue the zoom works on the Panasonic client but not with vera any updates?