Z-Uno

No, you use a Z-UNO to control all of your blinds, not 1.

As Dom points out it’s usefulness will become apparent if you have one in a room controlling or sensing the environment.
What you are missing is that it isn’t just one device but can be 10 different devices packaged into one.
Then it becomes cost effective having LUX. Temp, Dimmers, Lights, Motion etc all in one device.

Will Z-Uno automatically recognized by Vera Plus.

Dom

The images above are from a Vera Edge, I see no reason why they would be different on a Plus.

They configured themselves.

[quote=“zedrally, post:23, topic:193803”]The images above are from a Vera Edge, I see no reason why they would be different on a Plus.

They configured themselves.[/quote]

Well my Z-Uno, configures itself as a dimmer ?

How did you manage to get 10 ch.

Loaded the Arduino as described, the version 1.6.5

Did you add a special sketch?

Thanks

Dom

Not sure of the procedure you used, but you did upload the 10 channel sketch via the Arduino interface?

[url=http://z-uno.z-wave.me/examples/Certified10Channels]http://z-uno.z-wave.me/examples/Certified10Channels[/url]

You may need to do a factory reset and try uploading it again.
A lot of this comes down to finger problems.
Can I suggest that you start with the “easy” examples to get a feeling of the compiling/upload procedures, then move onto altering code. Also,as you are using a VP, it could be helpful to post a screen shot.

Good morning Zedrally,

A short note to let you know that I was able to load the 10 Channel sketch, so now begins my adventure into a new experience, I will keep you posted.

Dom

Hi,

Thought I’d throw my two sense in. I’m a huge fan of Hek’s MySensors.org work and have a half dozen sensors connected via a Arduino Nano gateway to my Veraedge. While I agree with posters who recommend ESP Wifi or Arduino with NRF24 for low cost and flexibility, I can not recommend them for reliability. Some of my sensors and relays have never failed while others fail to send or receive a signal 1-2% of the time. Can’t explain why, I’ve changed out parts and find there’s not always a rhyme or reason. Sometimes it’s the radio, length of wires, power supply, etc.(please don’t ask me "have you added a capacitor to the radio?"Lol !!!). I’ve always chalked it up to cheap Chinese knock offs and ‘hobby grade’ products. I have no intention of replacing all my Arduino nodes, but there are a couple of sensors that I need better reliability, consistency, and the piece of mind it brings. For those few nodes, I’m hoping the Z-uno fills that gap. As far as I’m concerned for $70 I’m buying a ‘consumer grade’ product that should work as expected. If not, I’ll expect a refund. I’ll keep people informed of the results, but in truth only time will tell.

^^^
Expect a learning curve, but I’m sure you will be a happy chappy. :slight_smile:

Hey zedrally,

Well got my Zuno working with the ten channels, I now need to spend some time with the unit to better understand its functionality.

Oh! I heard about those Vegemite sandwiches, our granddaughter was in Australia last year, not something that she brought back home LOL.

Dom

I found the learning curve in C++ was the hardest, although nearly all of the functions are simply copy & paste. It’s just getting them the right order!

I’m still in the curve but the possibilities that Z-Uno gives is very exciting in particular the possibility of a central room device that can monitor, control power to multiple devices & sense. The 10 channel example is a great introduction to the possibilities.

[quote=“zedrally, post:30, topic:193803”]I found the learning curve in C++ was the hardest, although nearly all of the functions are simply copy & paste. It’s just getting them the right order!

I’m still in the curve but the possibilities that Z-Uno gives is very exciting in particular the possibility of a central room device that can monitor, control power to multiple devices & sense. The 10 channel example is a great introduction to the possibilities.[/quote]

I’ve seen a couple of posts about z uno using C++, it doesn’t, it is based on C which is a lot simpler as it is non object oriented.

Crazy question, about C.

Which primary language is used by the Arduino / Z-Uno.

Dom

The language reference for Arduino is here:

The z-uno one is based on this, and can be found here:

https://z-uno.z-wave.me/Reference/

The definitive reference for the C Language is the book written by Kernighan & Ritchie

Hi

Have any of you had problems adding the z-uno again after excluding it? I cant get the Vera to accept the z-uno inclusion after deleting it from Vera. I have tried to reset the zuno and also a recover. On Vera I have tried to go back to an earlier backup to see if a new z-network would work. No solution there either… I tried to upload different sketches as well but that did not help either.

I have no idea what to do now, dont want to buy a new one either since the zuno seems fine.

[quote=“Stiansen, post:34, topic:193803”]Hi

Have any of you had problems adding the z-uno again after excluding it? I cant get the Vera to accept the z-uno inclusion after deleting it from Vera. I have tried to reset the zuno and also a recover. On Vera I have tried to go back to an earlier backup to see if a new z-network would work. No solution there either… I tried to upload different sketches as well but that did not help either.

I have no idea what to do now, dont want to buy a new one either since the zuno seems fine.[/quote]

Make sure that you have set the right Z-wave frequency band in Arduino IDE (EU/US/RU/etc). By default it is Russia!

I also have experienced this with Vera.
My diagnosis was that if hadn’t been Excluded or the Exclusion process was not complete.
The solution was to Exclude Z-UNO with HomeSeer.
No more problems after that. For reasons unknown the Vera Inclusion/Exclusion process is not robust and in some cases requires multiple attempts before the device is off the network after which it can be included easily.

Thanks for replies!

Will check the frequency setting today but since I got it included the first time I assume its set to Europe.

The problem happened when I uploaded a new sketch without excluding the zuno. After that it was not detected by Vera anymore. In the end I had to delete it from Vera since I had no way of contacting the zuno. I went back to a backup from way before the zuno to see if that helped (old z-wave network), and thus trying to eliminate Vera as the problem. That did not work either so I have my doubts regarding the zuno reset/recover function not working properly…

Have thought of one last attempt: Thinking of taking a full backup of Vera, deleting the z-wave network completely and check if the zuno will then get included. That way I can 100% write off Vera if it still doesn’t work.

Tried contacting the zuno guys as well without any response…

If you are using Windows 10 OS the latest update has updated the usb driver to a version that does not work with ZUNO, I have had reports of the uzbser.sys failing which causes no COMM with the ZUNO.
Roll back to the original driver results in communication restored.
Attached copy of the original which works, you need to rename .txt to .sys

EDIT: If you want an answer from the Z Wave guys you need to post a forum topic. PM’s often go missing.

Thank you thank you!!

Got it working last night and I have to embarrassingly admit that it was set to Russian frequency… I opened a new window in Arduino IDE when I uploaded the second sketch, then it probably changed to Russian by default. But thank you again for the support! :slight_smile:

Now got it up and running with 4 channels and temp&humidity. Pretty great.

However, I got one small problem. I have not got my 4 channel relay yet (plan is to control the ventilation system), but do you guys know why my outputs are inverted? I have connected diodes but when I set the digital output high the diode turns off, and on when I turn the output low. Also need to pulse the output signal since I just want it to send a control signal to turn on different settings.

[quote=“Stiansen, post:39, topic:193803”]Thank you thank you!!

Got it working last night and I have to embarrassingly admit that it was set to Russian frequency… I opened a new window in Arduino IDE when I uploaded the second sketch, then it probably changed to Russian by default. But thank you again for the support! :slight_smile:

Now got it up and running with 4 channels and temp&humidity. Pretty great.

However, I got one small problem. I have not got my 4 channel relay yet (plan is to control the ventilation system), but do you guys know why my outputs are inverted? I have connected diodes but when I set the digital output high the diode turns off, and on when I turn the output low. Also need to pulse the output signal since I just want it to send a control signal to turn on different settings.[/quote]

Great that you found the error. How are your diodes connected? Could you post a sketch/photo?