"Your Session Expired"

New issue tonight. I got a message that says "your session has expired. You will be logged out. Its happened multiple times. I tried rebooting my Veralite and my computer, but it still happens about a minute after login. This ever happen to anybody else?

I am not getting that message, but I keep getting kicked out of my VeraEdge when I am connected using the IP address. If I go to home.getvera.com, I can log in, but when I click connect, I get kicked back to the login screen.

I’m a brand new user today with a brand new VeraLite and I’m getting the same problem. About 30 seconds after I log in and start going through the setup wizard, the session expires and I’m kicked back to the home.getvera.com login page.

Did you just upgrade?

Same problem for me. But when trying to do a manual backup (prior to upgrading). Same thing happens when upgrading.

Im having same issue even when I use IP to access. Maybe it will straighten up tomorrow, Im just going to go to bed & deal with it tomorrow

Yep having same issues as everyone else. ERROR session timed out. Cannot login at all from mobile app. Bummer because I was trying to add devices.

Same issue here as OP reported (I can login, but get the session expired message shorty thereafter). I just upgraded tonight, but I think it was happening for the last couple days as well prior to upgrading. I rarely log into my actual Vera GUI. Only when troubleshooting a problem really.

Not positive it’s related to the upgrade yet.

I created a support ticket.

It’s truly sad.

They couldn’t fix the “can’t clear alerts from the dashboard” bug, but they have time to introduce this new bug.

Yea same here. When I first logon to the controller through the web interface it immediately takes me to a firmware upgrade. When I did the firmware upgrade, the session has expired bug occurred again… so no clue what the controller is doing.

Also, I first tried to logon to the controller via the web interface ONLY after my password on my Vera mobile app stopped working.

[quote=“BrianAz, post:8, topic:186938”]Same issue here as OP reported (I can login, but get the session expired message shorty thereafter). I just upgraded tonight, but I think it was happening for the last couple days as well prior to upgrading. I rarely log into my actual Vera GUI. Only when troubleshooting a problem really.

Not positive it’s related to the upgrade yet.[/quote]

No I was able to log in this morning right after the firmware update. It stopped working around 5pm PST for me. I thought trying to add Minor ice motion detectors crashed my Vera Edge at first.

I am getting REALLY FRUSTRATED AND TIRED OF VERA… Is it time to change to another Zwave controller? Each firmware upgrade seems to result in heartache, frustration, and hours of lost time!

After the most recent firmware upgrade to 7.06, I can no longer log in remotely to a vacation home, where I have some ongoing security concerns. I simply cannot trust Vera any longer after dozens of product failures, to help me worry less, check in with my home, be alerted of status changes, such as unlocked doors, unauthorized entry to my garage, or motion detection, etc…all because it continues to fail me and cost me worry and lost time. Vera Support has been terrible and I get almost no considerate response to ERGY plugin failing with UI7 upgrade and no fair warning that UI7 would break so many things, etc… are we all guinea pigs for their every update? Does Vera test anything before they release it??? My current status is a spinning green progress monitor… after 40 minutes, no change, i can’t fully log after authentication… Vera doesn’t fully launch. WTF? I can’t reboot remotely, I can’t do anything but close my browser and re attempt to log in, with the same result, can’t fully boot to the UI.

What on earth is this continued insanity for?

Thanks for listening to my rant! Ahh, wish I could say I feel better now.

The same here, i can loggin for about 1 minute. Then the Vera goes to the login screen everytime. Very frustating. It happens after the latest update.
Also all my “4 in 1 sensors” (Gen 5) are activated while there’s no one in the room.

I am also having this issue. I manage to login to the web interface for a minute before being kicked out.

Also the Android mobile app is not accepting my login details at all. Extremely frustrating!

+1 but it happened only today after several days running in 1.7.569 so not sure it is related to the last firmware upgrade … perhaps the cloud management.

I’m getting the same issue after installing 1.7.569 yesterday. Maybe it’s just coincidence and there is an issue with vera servers. Has anyone talked to customer service? I believe this is a server problem, as I also can not access my remote vera which I didn’t do the upgrade to. It gets to the main screen and just displays the vera logo in the upper left corner.

+1

Tried everything - clear browser cache, different browser, different devices inside and outside home network and finally factory reset. Still get ‘Your session has expired’ after approx 30 seconds. :-[

It happends also when I try to login with the IP adres of the Vera

Same issue!

[quote=“idrewgibson, post:12, topic:186938”]I am getting REALLY FRUSTRATED AND TIRED OF VERA… Is it time to change to another Zwave controller? Each firmware upgrade seems to result in heartache, frustration, and hours of lost time!

After the most recent firmware upgrade to 7.06, I can no longer log in remotely to a vacation home, where I have some ongoing security concerns. I simply cannot trust Vera any longer after dozens of product failures, to help me worry less, check in with my home, be alerted of status changes, such as unlocked doors, unauthorized entry to my garage, or motion detection, etc…all because it continues to fail me and cost me worry and lost time. Vera Support has been terrible and I get almost no considerate response to ERGY plugin failing with UI7 upgrade and no fair warning that UI7 would break so many things, etc… are we all guinea pigs for their every update? Does Vera test anything before they release it??? My current status is a spinning green progress monitor… after 40 minutes, no change, i can’t fully log after authentication… Vera doesn’t fully launch. WTF? I can’t reboot remotely, I can’t do anything but close my browser and re attempt to log in, with the same result, can’t fully boot to the UI.

What on earth is this continued insanity for?

Thanks for listening to my rant! Ahh, wish I could say I feel better now.[/quote]

Hi Drew

I share your frustration.

I have learned from the UI5 upgrade process NOT to upgrade too soon. I’ll be on UI5 (which works really well) until UI7 proves itself. The thing that MCV needs to learn is that poor software development costs in hardware sales. The MCV business model is built entirely on hardware/controller sales.

The day will come that the problems with UI7 are a distant memory. Can’t tell if that will happen this year or next but it will happen.

Don