"Your Session Expired"

I updated to the new firmware on Tuesday and my controller was working great until last night so I am not sure that this is a firmware bug. One of the posts I saw on their Facebook page makes it sound like someone is having this issue and they haven’t updated yet. I can’t confirm that though. If I can stay connected to my Vera long enough, I am going to send something to support about it. Hopefully they can get it also.

All of you need to contact or create a ticket so Vera is aware of the issue. The issue will not escalate any faster when posting on the forum.

• Garrett

I’ve reported it via telephone and directed them to this thread.

I just submitted a ticket as well. I upgraded to the newest firmware 2 days ago and yesterday I had no issues whatsoever. Since the beginning of using Vera (3 months) I have noticed all sorts off issues with communication to their servers. Their web interface communicates constantly with their Mios servers. I see errors all the time with time outs and server errors.

I am logged in now and haven’t been logged out for 10 minutes now.

It seems that remote access works again and local does not time out. Lets hope it stays like that.

Cheers Rene

I spoke to Support a few minutes ago and they’re aware of the issue on their end that is affecting many users. They’re working on it and hope to have it resolved today.

It has appeared to be fixed on my end. The web interface works great. Was able to finally setup my motion sensors. I can’t say the mobile app on Android is quick on logging in but eventually it does log in.

Mine is working again so it must have been a server issue.

People really need to realize all technology has glitches especially newer tech. Give MicasaVerde team a chance to fix it before panicking. Im not saying my opinion will never change but so far at least for me support has only gotten better.

This glitch didn’t effect my access from my Iphone so it wasn’t a major issue just overnight.

Yeah the unit worked fine. Kept sending alerts and turning on and off nights during the login outage. Just annoying that the Android app could not log in and I just to happen to be trying to setup some new motion detectors. If you were not trying to access Vera last night you would have not notice the server glitch. If you were trying to use the Vera app to do everyday functions like opening a garage door (me :frowning: ) then it was a very major inconvenience. But all is well again. Love my Vera and the ability to tell ADT to go take a hike.

I love my Vera (Even with all the quirks, painful upgrades etc).

But I’m concerned that its usage has this dependency on MCV’s backend systems. Understand some services have this dependency. But a simple local backup and local restore should not depend on on MCV. What happens if they go under? Is my device then useless?

It has not been seen or proven that local backups or restores need VERA servers ( I have only heard this one other time, please point me to any information you have on this). And Because of that you also have your own options to VPN or how ever you feel secure to remote connect using your own means.

All I have is my own experience.

Opened my Vera via IP last night.

Went to Settings/Backup, it redirected to prompt me for Authentication. I entered my credentials. It then said “session expired”.

I was having the same issue yesterday as I mentioned above. I contacted support this morning…(see my note and response below) Though the answer they provided never addressed the error log out message, all seems to be working now. So it appears it wasn’t the upgrade that caused the issue from what they replied.

Hi,
I upgraded my Vera 3 yesterday to 1.7.569 was already on UI7 and now when I
try to access it locally I get the following:

• Login screen through getvera
  • I login
  • I select the unit
  • it finds that is local and directs it to the ip/cmh/
  • I’ll be on a few minutes(?)
  • popup comes saying: ERROR Your Session has expired. You will be
    logged out.

APR 17, 2015 | 05:59PM UTC
Daniel Stefan replied:

Hello,

We?ve received reports over the last couple of hours, some Vera users are experiencing slower connection times than normal and/or the intermittent inability to remotely connect to their controllers.

Our sysadmins started working on solving this problem and we have the confirmation that it should now be completely fixed. If you?re still encountering any issues, please let us know and we will offer our assistance as soon as we can.

Our apologies, for any inconvenience this service interruption may have caused.

Regards,
Vera Technical Support Team

Regards,

Daniel Stefan
Vera Smarter Home Control
Customer Care

Received the same support response. I can confirm the issue is resolved for me.

Issue resolved for me. Now if I could just get my 2 Zsmokes to work (sigh)

I’m having the same issue as described throughout this post.
I do have remote access enabled - probably the issue with the remote authentication servers.
Firmware was on 1.7.649 and is now on 1.7.690 - probably not the issue.
When I do try to log in via the relay, it gets to the redirect stage and stalls… probably the same issue as the auth failing once logged in locally.

I want to disable the remote login feature (via home.getvera.com) and go back to the htaccess-prompt-style local vera server auth but when trying to load the user info (“User & Account Info”->“User Info”) or the “Unit Settings” from the vera’s local address just hangs until the authentication prompt re-appears (and refreshes the page).
I’ve tried multiple hard reboots (power off and on) of the unit, also tried to “Unassign” via the home.getvera.com interface, reboot and re-associate the device to the account (it wouldn’t work without it).

I’m stucks and it sucks. :cry: