Yale YDD424 with Vera

Hi all,

I have a spanking new Veraplus and a Yale YDD424 digital lock.

I can pair the Yale in UI7 with the Yale Touchscreen Dead Bolt profile but the only working functionality is lock/unlock and perhaps some notification.

Please share with me your knowledge on how to unleash the full potential of the YDD424 within Vera. (Add pin codes, with schedules etc.)

Thanks all in advance.

Regards,
Justin

See http://support.micasaverde.com/customer/portal/articles/1143804--yale-touchscreen-deadbolt-lock-introduction

Hi,
I did came across the link. But although it does paired successfully as I’ve mentioned, it does not function as expected. Add pin codes etc does not work.

That’s y I suspect could it be due to different lock model has different implementation/profile? Hoping for anyone who had walked this road before me to point me to the right direction.

Cheers!

hi jester,

could i check with you, did you install a module like this in your ydd424? http://support.micasaverde.com/customer/portal/attachments/148487

Yes I did.

;D

Hi jester.
Sry to using ur post.

Whatever jester faced is not what i am facing. All works fine.

Only issue i see is in zwave device it is always in red"user setting configuration" which i have no idea what it is but everything else works for now.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hi there, isn’t the module just for remote control? the YDD424 should come with zwave in build right?

If anyone can kindly help me, but my YDD424 only has main menu option till 6. There isn’t any 9 for me to set up the controller.

@9ixxerLee, @jesterkoh

I understand the lock is paired, but is it configured? You can check by looking at the “Configured at” on the Settings tab. If it is 1969 (or something like that), it is not configured.

If that is the case, I may have the answer. Look back a week or so in this forum and you will see two posts by me something about Yale lock not working. It turns out it was because it didn’t support language (variable 5 in Device Options). I removed that and all was well.

Good luck…

[quote=“GeekGoneOld, post:8, topic:191422”]@9ixxerLee, @jesterkoh

I understand the lock is paired, but is it configured? You can check by looking at the “Configured at” on the Settings tab. If it is 1969 (or something like that), it is not configured.

If that is the case, I may have the answer. Look back a week or so in this forum and you will see two posts by me something about Yale lock not working. It turns out it was because it didn’t support language (variable 5 in Device Options). I removed that and all was well.

Good luck…[/quote]

Hi GeekGoneOld,

I assumed that you are mentioning the configuration setting in device option.
What are shown there are technically 1 to 8 with no value.
I’ve tried to insert value but nothing works.

From what i knew was that vera is still using a older template from Yale 220 which doesn’t support pincode and fingerprint.
The issue with Yale 424 as below:

1. the module cannot be unpaired manually via vera which need to send back for a factory reset.
  2. No status update in vera when unlock via pin code or fingerprint
  3. configuration setting value is empty and no matters what value you place in it won’t register as default reading
    4)Pin code setting disappear once u update the nodes.
  4. Battery status don’t update

Try contacting Vera Support as well, at this moment there’s no solution from them as well.

:frowning:

If you are 1.5.622 (UI5) or newer, the door lock does support user configured PINs and I can’t speak for fingerprint.

Yes, I was talking about the 8 Device Options. They have no value because you haven’t successfully configured then polled the lock (which happens automatically after pairing). This is what I saw.

First, look on the Settings tab and see what “Configured at” reads. If it reads 1969 or something equally as ridiculous, your lock is paired, but not configured.

If that is the case, I would start by eliminating ALL the 8 device options as any one that isn’t supported would cause it to fail to configure. To do this, go to the Advanced tab and look for VariablesSet. Clear the field then go to Settings tab and click Configure node right now.

If that works (lock now responds to lock/unlock commands), the next step is to add them back in one at a time (original string is:

1-Silent mode (1-3),1d,2-Auto relock (0 or 255),1d,3-Relock time (5 or 255),1d,4-Wrong Code Entry Limit (1-7),1d,6-Radio event reporting (0 or 255),1d,7-Shut down time after wrong code entries (1-255),1d,8-operating mode (0=normal 1=vacation 2=privacy 3=no rf),1d,.

Eventually you will find the culprit or culprits.

Hope that is your problem, but if not it won’t hurt anything.

Note that I’m using UI5. I’m reasonably sure my instructions are either identical for UI7 or very, very close (names of tabs and buttons might be a bit different).

[quote=“9ixxerLee, post:6, topic:191422”]Hi jester.
Sry to using ur post.

Whatever jester faced is not what i am facing. All works fine.

Only issue i see is in zwave device it is always in red"user setting configuration" which i have no idea what it is but everything else works for now.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk[/quote]

having the same issue on that. This drains the battery of your Yale lock rapidly as it is constantly trying to pair the lock and controller. So far no resolution from Vera and changing your zwave modules results in the same problem.s

[quote=“GeekGoneOld, post:10, topic:191422”]If you are 1.5.622 (UI5) or newer, the door lock does support user configured PINs and I can’t speak for fingerprint.

Yes, I was talking about the 8 Device Options. They have no value because you haven’t successfully configured then polled the lock (which happens automatically after pairing). This is what I saw.

First, look on the Settings tab and see what “Configured at” reads. If it reads 1969 or something equally as ridiculous, your lock is paired, but not configured.

If that is the case, I would start by eliminating ALL the 8 device options as any one that isn’t supported would cause it to fail to configure. To do this, go to the Advanced tab and look for VariablesSet. Clear the field then go to Settings tab and click Configure node right now.

If that works (lock now responds to lock/unlock commands), the next step is to add them back in one at a time (original string is:

1-Silent mode (1-3),1d,2-Auto relock (0 or 255),1d,3-Relock time (5 or 255),1d,4-Wrong Code Entry Limit (1-7),1d,6-Radio event reporting (0 or 255),1d,7-Shut down time after wrong code entries (1-255),1d,8-operating mode (0=normal 1=vacation 2=privacy 3=no rf),1d,.

Note that I’m using UI5. I’m reasonably sure my instructions are either identical for UI7 or very, very close (names of tabs and buttons might be a bit different).[/quote]

Hey man, it works! awesome! i just removed all of the variable sets!

[quote=“GeekGoneOld, post:10, topic:191422”]If you are 1.5.622 (UI5) or newer, the door lock does support user configured PINs and I can’t speak for fingerprint.

If that is the case, I would start by eliminating ALL the 8 device options as any one that isn’t supported would cause it to fail to configure. To do this, go to the Advanced tab and look for Variables Set. Clear the field then go to Settings tab and click Configure node right now.

Note that I’m using UI5. I’m reasonably sure my instructions are either identical for UI7 or very, very close (names of tabs and buttons might be a bit different).[/quote]

Finally got time to test it.

What i found was that it will worked upon deleting all the Variables Set, but sad think is that before i accordingly tried to input the variables one by one, it actually auto generated the new set of Variablesset and there you go again…red user setting configuration comes again.

Haizz…

First of all, you don’t have to add them back in at all. Of course then you can’t change them from Vera but they are really configure-once items.

Still, I wouldn’t give up. I think the problem is how you are adding them. There is the device settings page and the variable in advanced page. How are you adding back in and what UI? UI5?

Hi Geek,

I am running on Ui7.

Basically this is what i did.

Device Setting > Advanced > variable tab > DEL ALL VariablesSet > Commands Tab > Configure Nodes right Now.

Waula… all seems good and red user setting configuration gone for awhile :cry:

But for some reason, the lock will auto reload and generate back the variablesSet that’s when the red configuration thingy reappears.

It seems like the lock is always trying to reload itself and causing some lags in my system “that’s what vera support told me” but have no solution for me.
Battery life is shorten maybe due to this, the last set of batteries don’t even has 6 months.

Hate it…felt like changing this bloody lock out. >:(

9ixxerLee,

I hope you get a solution soon, cos my issue with the YDD424 is exactly what you are facing…

[quote=“jesterkoh”]9ixxerLee,

I hope you get a solution soon, cos my issue with the YDD424 is exactly what you are facing…[/quote]
Hi Jester,

Seriously i have no solution at all.
Asked Vera support but always standard answers…“can you include and exclude the unit within 3 feets and let us know the exact time and date that you have re-include the devices”

Asked the vendor on the zwave module for yale 424 also standard reply. "To include and exclude the modules it has to be done by manufacturer…user is unable to do that…worst of all …vendor will say still can use right this problem no solution yet.

Felt cheated.

Just a quick update.
Vera support seems to get yale 424 working…for some reason the setting configuration had disappear.

But it is not totally functional yet.
The battery is not update
The status via pin and thumbprint not updating as well.

At least it solved the hogging of vera abit.

[quote=“9ixxerLee, post:18, topic:191422”]Just a quick update.
Vera support seems to get yale 424 working…for some reason the setting configuration had disappear.

It was fine this morning, but did the problem just came back?

regards,
Justin

[quote=“jesterkoh”][quote=“9ixxerLee, post:18, topic:191422”]Just a quick update.

It was fine this morning, but did the problem just came back?

regards,
Justin[/quote]
Presently still ok.