Yale Lock Pin Codes Not Reporting

I have a keypad Yale Real Living Deadbolt. I did get it working tonight. First I excluded/deleted the unit from my Vera 3. I then followed the instructions for a full factory reset on the Yale lock. Take out the batteries and remove the unit from the door to access the reset button. Hold the button in as you put in the batteries. Remove the batteries again and remount the unit, put batteries back in. I then moved my Vera to right by the door and hit the include button on the front. Then entered the code on the keypad to set the lock in include mode (use default Master pin: 12345678#, 7# 1#). It then shows up and every feature was working. I did a quick test with a trigger for the master code and it worked. Now after a bunch of programming of scenes and such it does exactly what I want. I did manually change the master pin using the built in instructions for the lock and the keypad. All of the other pins were then added back in using the Vera UI. What I think was different was when I first got the lock I added a bunch of pin codes before including the lock and also changed the master pin. THese codes showed in the UI, but never worked properly.I did not do that this time and believe it made all the difference.