Welcome to the New Vera Community Forum

OK I give up. Where’s the Upgrading category? I’m wasting way too much time searching for stuff that used to be easy to find.

Really wish Tapatalk functionality would have been maintained. Hate the look on my phone. I really like it from a tablet, though.

That upgrading category seems to have been mixed up in eZLO Controllorers Devices/Vera Controllers Cameras. Indeed not easy to find. Some work to do for the team. If you really need it quickly just go to the old forum, it is still there (and should remain for a while) http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,32.0.html Some work to do for the team.

Great new forum, love the modern UI. I’m not so much a creature of habbit it seems.

I like the new forum but its unusable in firefox, my primary browser, which means I probably won’t use it.

The main issue seems to be I couldn’t reset password and now its not recognizing that I am logged in or allowing me to post.

All I can say is that it works just fine for me (on a Mac.)

nah, he’s right, there are some very random cases with some browsers where it gives 403 at login or pwd reset.
We’re on this and it will be sorted. Meanwhile using one of the other browsers or maybe a few hard refreshes fixes this.
We also had a bit of a downtime for our forum notifications server earlier today, but now it should be back. We’re sorry about that.

Works fine in Firefox on Win10.

I think the new forum is very confusing. In addition, I get since April 04 no more notifications. Anything happened at this date?

I seem to be having a lot of trouble with quoting. I thought it would quote by hitting ‘reply’ in the post I wanted to quote. Then I saw the speech bubble and it looked for all the world like it was going to be included, but when I posted it wasn’t. When I went in to edit there was a message saying the system had removed the quote.

How do I quote and get it to stay in the post? Threads stop making sense quickly without quotes. Could there be an option to reply with quote on the posts?

Seems to work ok for me?

C

Testing…

Well, seems to be working now - but it didn’t a few minutes ago.

Looks good to me

C

Hi everyone, I recommend this read:

Just now all notifications since April 04 have been submitted. My email account has been flooded with over 50 messages :flushed:

Hi Odysee,

I’m so sorry to hear about this.

This might happen if some users of the same email provider report us as spam and temporarily block us. Then when the filter is lifted, all the outstanding emails will be sent.

You can change your email notification preferences from here: https://community.getvera.com/u/odysee/preferences/emails

I post in the general feedback section but then noticed this thread…

Some comments on the new forum.

The new Vera community forum is really awkward to use. The main page display on the center of the page with lots of white space on the sides and wraps most of the information being displayed onto multiple lines. When you try and enter a new post the topic drop down is the same and shows you a thin box with lots of line wrapping that makes looking for your selection very inconvenient.

The old forum tool was much more user friendly and easy to read/work with.

Hopefully down the road the new team running Vera can do something to fix this up and make it more user friendly.

Even though the new forum is growing on me and I see some advantages to it, I tend to agree with @jcolter. It is more form and less function. I wonder what prompted you guys to change the forum. On a iOS device, replying to a thread means we cannot read any post. The number of post loaded and displayed is limited and the scrolling is much less practical than the page to page browsing.
I have used this software on other forum (home assistant for example) and quite honestly always thought the old vera was better. Not everything that is newer is better…

1 Like

I’m actually starting to like it. +1
At first I was very hesitant about the change, but once I realised that you could simply copy/paste screen shots rather than uploading pdf’s or jpg’s it became clear that this was a step forward.
I do agree that there is more white space than there probably should be but then again that is most probably a function of which browser you are using?

1 Like