On behalf of the Vera team and community, I welcome you to our community forum platform. We’re exploring new territory in what it means to have great conversations online.
The philosophy behind this new platform is about creating open, honest and well-mannered discussions about a range of topics that come up.
This is the place to chat with passionate members of the former MicasaVerde and new Vera community, and of course directly to members of the Vera Control team. Welcome!
When you are posting a question, put as much detail as you can into the title. A title such as “help I am stuck”, or “why is this not working” does not give potential helpers any indication of the problem, or whether they can help or not. Instead of a topic title such as “When trying to add a device - it says “[error message]”, and won’t let me add” makes it much easier for others to help.
The Vera Community Forum is organized into categories. Our first recommendation is to look at the category structure to get familiar with how the discussions are organized. Click the Categories button along the top of the page to see the main categories and their sub-categories. Every category has a description to help you identify where to look for content.
There’s also an integrated search engine (click the (magnifying glass) icon to the left of your profile picture in the upper-right corner), that is another great way to find what you are looking for.
The old Micasaverde forums got migrated to the new forum platform. The old forum at http://forum.micasaverde.com will be kept online for the foreseeable future. But it will be read-only mode.
Trust levels are a participation system on the forums. The more you post, like, reply, read, and visit the forums, the more you work your way to a higher trust level. Increased Trust levels grant additional privileges. Everyone who is new starts off at Trust Level 0 but will quickly climb by reading and visiting the forums within their first few days.
Trust level 0 users cannot:
- Flag posts
- Post more than 3 topics
- Post more than 10 replies
Get to trust level 1 by…
- Entering at least 5 topics
- Reading at least 30 posts
- Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts
Users at trust level 1 can…
- Post unlimited topics and replies
- Edit wiki posts (more on Wiki Posts Below)
- Flag posts
Get to trust level 2 by…
- Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
- Casting at least 1 like
- Receiving at least 1 like
- Replying to at least 3 different topics
- Entering at least 20 topics
- Reading at least 100 posts
- Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts
Users at trust level 2 can…
- Create links and video embeds to trusted websites like, YouTube.
- Have an increased “like” count.
Get to trust level 3 by…
- Must have visited at least 50% of last 100 days
- Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
- Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 500 topics
- Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 20,000 posts (both starting posts and replies)
- Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.
- Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
- Must not have been suspended
Trust Level 3 users can
- Create Wiki Posts (more on that below)
- Post animated gifs, images, compatible video embeds, and links to any website
The forum post report form is now gone since you simply flag a post that you believe violates the forum Code-of-Conduct. Simply click the flag icon then choose from one of the four options provided as needed. The post is then flagged for review by a moderator. You have a few minutes to undo the flag if you wish. Note that threads may be automatically locked for 24 hours if they receive enough flags among all posts in that thread.
DO NOT USE THIS FEATURE TO SIMPLY DISLIKE THE CONTENT OF THE POST . To help control unwanted flag spam for the moderators to sift through, all users have a very limited number of flags per day they can issue. So only flag posts that are in violation.
As mentioned before, Trust Level 3 users can post embedded content. To post an image or a video embed of a YouTube Video or a Twitch Clip, Video or Stream. Simply copy the shareable URL of that content in its own line of text. Note that image content that is too large in file size may be prevented from displaying in the page.
Trust level 3 users can change their post to become a Wiki Post. This means once activated as a Wiki anyone can edit it. This can be helpful in making community guides. Simply click the wrench icon on your own post and select the link to turn on the Wiki Post.
The new forums are extremely mobile friendly and if you have a mobile device, you may be prompted when signing in offering to install a shortcut icon to your Mobile Home Screen. This will allow you to access the forums outside of your native web browser on your mobile device.