Virtual HTTP Devices Plug-in v2

@therealdb, I’m trying to send a command to Vera to change the relay state. I do it through the rules of Tasmota. My parameters, relay id 13, Vera ip 10.0.0.42
I activated the rules in Tasmota
I made a rule
Rule1 ON Power1#State=1 do websend [10.0.0.42:3480] /data_request?id=lu_action&DeviceNum=*13*&id=variableset&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1&Variable=Status&Value=1 ENDON
I switch the relay to the on state, check the Tasmota console, there is an answer {“WebSend”:“Done”}
But in the Vera interface, the relay state does not change! What could be the problem?

I found what the problem is in the web send in the device ID I wrote with * * two asterisks, they need to be removed, so the correct request will be like this: Rule1 ON Power1#State=1 do websend [10.0.0.42:3480] /data_request?id=lu_action&DeviceNum=13&id=variableset&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1&Variable=Status&Value=1 ENDON
Now Vera is updating her status.
@therealdb I’m reading the instructions on your GitHub page, my knowledge of programming is 0, I also don’t know the syntax rules, so I can’t determine from the first time whether to remove the bracket or asterisk or not. Please supplement your manual with more examples of how it should look ready-made. I understand that variables such as IP and so on are unique for everyone, but with an example of how it should be written correctly, it would be more understandable for a beginner. Thank you for your work again!

Thanks for using the plugin. I appreciate your request, but this out of scope, since rules are tasmota specific and variables are a Vera thing and both are addressed in their respective manuals.

I’ve moved 90% of my logic to multi system reactor and home assistant, using the Vera as a zwave radio, so I’ll not invest in new features. Vera platform is eol.

1 Like

Old thread, new question:
I’m a new user of the VeraPlus GW (In the EU the Vera GW is still on market , ezlo not available). I’ve install the plugin on the gateway. After I’ve create a new virtual device: Can I set/change Association group/s for this virtual device?

Association groups are a Zwave only feature. You’ll need some code/scene or Reactor in order to do this.

I have NodeMCU with tasmota and i want install a device to read status of a sensor open/close in Gpio 12 for example.
how can i configure?
Thanks

Hi Team,
Can somebody help with few tips? How I can read energy consumption?
I have the bellow configuration for a Gosund Wall Plug with Tasmota:

RAW data for http://192.168.103.205/cm?cmnd=Status%2010 is:
{“StatusSNS”:{“Time”:“2022-08-26T21:10:42”,“ENERGY”:{“TotalStartTime”:“2021-05-16T16:54:05”,“Total”:41.102,“Yesterday”:0.425,“Today”:0.375,“Power”:18,“ApparentPower”:30,“ReactivePower”:24,“Factor”:0.61,“Voltage”:289,“Current”:0.103}}}

Energy consumption not show on the tile of the Device:

Version of plugin is:

Thank you.

I have a Vera secure. I was thinking about a Shelly em to monitor home power consumption…I was wondering if your plugin support this device and how I add it to your plugin and also how I can display real time and record energy consumption.

Thank you

Hi @col8eral

I suggest you PM the developer of the plugin for an answer on this. Not sure if he’s still responding in this thread.

Ah, ok. Thank you.

@col8eral

Just as additional information you might find useful: With the Ezlo controllers there is a native IP device generator plugin that you could use for this. Here’s a post by one of our users explaining how it works and how to send HTTP commands: How to - Ezlo WIFI Device Generator Plugin

I’ve not tested it, but it should work with a relay.

Right now I’m using my shelly ems via mqtt and reactor.
I’ve moved off the lua platform, so I’m not going to implent this specific feature, but it’s doable with some code adjustment, since the meters are mapped with another device file.

Update to latest version from Github. I’m not updating the store version.

Thank you very much. I’ll order myself a Shelly em and play with it. It will be a few days before it arrives I guess. How do I get the power consumption to display on my my Vera secure?

Thanks for taking the time to post here.

It should be the same as mapping a relay. The endpoints are similar. If you want to use just a meter device, I think some code needs to be adapted.

I love this plugin. I have a few devices flashed with Tasmota and integrated into my Vera secure using your plugin.

I found this video which is a good guide

Thank you so much for all your work.

2 Likes

It was fun, back when we had a vibrant community and active 3rd party devs.

1 Like

Hello @therealdb,

is there any simple possibility (I am not a programmer) to add a wifi thermometer with IP address 192.168.1.67 or http://192.168.1.67/temp/?

Unfortunately it’s not that easy. I’ve been doing it with reactor, and no coding skills are required.

possibly

If you create an IP Device Template @ https://ezlogic.mios.com/ under the Integration/IP Devices area you can probably do it. I assume by your post that http://192.168.1.67/temp/? returns the device temperature? If so then you have to create a template for the device and then from the template a specific device. In the template you can specify the text string to search the response for, such that the following characters are digits to pass up for the temp reading.

There are detailed instructions somewhere on this web site on how to set it all up.

I have 8 temp probes working this way on Ezlo.

2 Likes