Vera Edge - Synology Surveillance Station Plugin - Help

Yep that worked.

I can’t get this to work either. I downloaded the app from Vera. From what I’m reading only variables to set are

Host = IP Address of Synology
Port = 5000
UserName = Synology user
Password = Synology password

I’m getting “SurveillanceStationRemote(35). Can’t detect device”

Any help will be appreciated.

I have the synology .7 plug in loaded into my UI7 but I keep getting the following errors when I try to enable.

9/3/2018, 3:16:37 PM API error: Insufficient user privilege (105)
9/3/2018, 3:16:37 PM API error: The account parameter is not specified (101)
9/3/2018, 3:16:37 PM Can not Enable camera(s) #

I have entered the host IP, port, username, and password in variable tab.
Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction for troubleshooting this app. I just installed from the app store, then updated to ver 7 from Git hub.

I have inputted the settings as described above, but I am getting the following errors

7/7/2020, 12:42:06 AM HTTP error - code:host or service not provided, or not known - response:nil
7/7/2020, 12:42:11 AM HTTP error - code:host or service not provided, or not known - response:nil
7/7/2020, 12:42:11 AM Can’t get camera list

Thank you

Hottoy - I now getting the same error message you posted on the surveillance station plugin. Did you ever get it resolved?

Anyone stil using this plugin?
I made the mistake of updating Synology to DSM 7.0 and now the Vera Surveillance Station Remote can not connect anymore:
2021-08-16 13:23:15 API error: Insufficient user privilege (105)
2021-08-16 13:23:15 API error: Method does not exist (103)
2021-08-16 13:23:15 Can’t get camera list

@vosmont hope you are stil out there somewhere…

Hi,

I pray you remember, you had this problem ‘API error: Insufficient user privilege (105)’

Shortly afterwards you said ‘All sorted now. I can see the live stream directly from my vera box.’

However, you did not state how you fixed it, was it permissions on the NAS? or you changed or fixed something in Vera?

Cheers

Is your NAS running version 7 or newer? If so you cannot use the plugin anymore. vosmot has no intention to update the plugin.

Only thing I used it for was to send notification that included a snapshot from surveillance station camera if there was motion detected when I am not home.

I found a workaround for this functionality by setting up a webhook rule in Surveillance Station and I just send a http request from vera to trigger it.