Vera Edge - Synology Surveillance Station Plugin - Help

Hi Vosmont! I’m trying to get your plugin working in UI7, I have uploaded the files into luup files but oddly they do not appear? Have you seen that before?

Thanks!!!

UPDATE::::

Got it to communicate, it sees my 3 cameras, if I understand it has to control all 3 at the same time. So any scene that turns on a cam will turn them all on? That said it turns all 3 cams on no problem but only stops 1 cam. Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot that?

Thanks!!!

Scott

I too am interested in just being able to disable a single camera at a time. Use case is to disable camera inside my house while home, but enable recording when away. I want the exterior cameras to record all the time…

Is it possible to use this plugin for QNAP Surveillance Station*?
If it is possibloe, how do I configure it?

Anyone?

Hello paros,
I’m not sure that the QNAP Surveillance Station has the same API than Synology Surveillance Station.

I try ver 0.7. I can see my cameras, disabel and enable them, but not start recording. Suggestions?

[quote=“vosmont, post:15, topic:188745”]Hello pauladrp,

it should be “http”[/quote]Hi all,

Vosmont,

Quick question, is http the only option or can https be used in case only https access is enable on the NAS?

Thanks

EDIT

I was getting a Startup lua failed message and after making some modifications on the sinology side and matching the same on the vera side I’m still getting and error but this time it says surveillance station remote (44) API info KO.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

EDIT

New update:

After reading several messages on different forums I downloaded the luup filesfor version 0.7 of the plugin from Github and have managed to move forward.

I’m still getting the error below:

02/08/2016 ? 11:35:14 HTTP error - code:connection refused - response:nil
02/08/2016 ? 11:35:19 HTTP error - code:connection refused - response:nil
02/08/2016 ? 11:35:19 Can’t connect to Synology host
02/08/2016 ? 11:36:19 HTTP error - code:connection refused - response:nil
02/08/2016 ? 11:36:24 HTTP error - code:connection refused - response:nil
02/08/2016 ? 11:36:24 Can’t get camera list

Did some changes and now getting:

API error: Insufficient user privilege (105)

it’s weird that the user privileges are insufficient as the user has all right on Surveillance station

What am I missing here??

BTW, I’m using the lastest Surveillance Station version on my Syno.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

All sorted now. I can see the live stream directly from my vera box. :slight_smile:

I can now order the other cameras! ;D

Hi,
I am completely new to VERA world, there is an easy guide to how to set up my Surveillance Station?
I have a Vera Plus with the latest version UI7

[quote=“TTP, post:29, topic:188745”]Hi,
I am completely new to VERA world, there is an easy guide to how to set up my Surveillance Station?
I have a Vera Plus with the latest version UI7[/quote]

I have not taken the time to write a post on this plugin.

This plugin is NOT a Surveillance Station : it’s a remote for the Synology Surveillance Station.

You just have to set some variables in the plugin (panel “Advanced” and “Variables”) :

Protocol : http or https
Host : the ip of your Synology
Port : 5000
UserName : a user on your Synology with authorization on Surveillance Station
Password : the password

I have installed the plugin and configured. I am showing version 6 which is what installed when i searched for/installed the app. I get the following error:

SurveillanceStationRemote: API Info KO

I do not see how/where to get a later version and how to install. Pointers are appreciated.

Having a problem connecting to the synology, i either get the fault : API Info KO,or Can’t Detect Device,Startup Lua Failed, can anybody help?

I’ve fixed the “API info KO” by changing the host name to ip address of the server.

Hi Vosmont,

I have been working with Vera Version 3 and UI5 for several years and I just bought a new Vera Edge on UI7.

I have just spent 3 days trying to get this plugin to work on th edge in UI7, installing the app and then loading the luup files from the zip file on your other website. I cannot get it to work despite hard reseting my vera several times and this is the only app installed.

It comes up with

Surveillance Station Remote[5] : Startup Lua Failed.

I know the user I am using has full admin rights to Synology Surveillance Station, ( I can sign in and use the cameras, edit, disable etc)
The only thing I can think is that the recent upgrade to synology OS and software may have caused a problem 8.0.2.5158

in the log I can see error on device even though the Json is there and loaded.

20 04/22/17 17:02:40.105 LuaInterface::StartEngine 0xf837a0 device 5 <0x76fd6520>
01 04/22/17 17:02:40.106 luup_require can’t find json

See attached log file.

I have tried loading the
D_SurveillanceStationRemote1.json
and also tried the
D_SurveillanceStationRemote1_UI7.json

but I still get the error
Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Also when I load the LUUP files the screen seems to reffer to the drive where I loaded them from, screen shot in the document. I assume this could be a problem but I have not idea why its happening

Thanks

Des

I have made progress and just found that Internet explorer 11 on windows 10 does not load the Luup files correctly.

Now that I have used Chrome to upload the files it has worked better. I have never had this problem before.

Hi,

I am struggling to get this plugin to work - any help would be appreciated. If it will work -it will be brilliant and solve a problem that has been a personal headache for several years; how to get Synology surveillance Station to act like an normal home alarm system that can be easily armed and disarmed. If I can integrate it into Vera the problem is solved.

I have a Vera Edge and am on UI7. I use an iMac, so the browser is safari

I have followed all the instructions for entering host name etc in the advance tab. But I keep getting the error message: SurveillanceStationRemote (10): not configured

I have tried the hostname diskstation and the ip address, and the ip address with port number after. I have also clicked on the checkbox under each entry (switch to input type text). I have also tried different users on the Synology - but always the same error message.

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong - I so much what to have this plugin working!

Hi, i just got my Plugin kind of working - i downloaded the plugin and downloaded the latest files from github and loaded those files, after the update, I don’t get any Lua startup error any more :slight_smile:

But, despite getting rid of all of the errors, the camera tab sais 0. undefined.
-Do i have to add the cameras manually or something?

/Daniel

Wondering if anyone can help. Trying to install the Surveillance Station plugin on UI7 using chrome. I have the posted plug in installed from apps menu. I downloaded the latest files from github and loaded those files to the latest .7 version. I have protocal, ip, port, username and password completed. When I reload engine I get the following errors

12/17/2017, 4:39:27 PM API error: Insufficient user privilege (105)
12/17/2017, 4:39:27 PM API error: Invalid user or password (400)
12/17/2017, 4:39:27 PM Can’t get camera list

The user name and password I’m using worked for direct surveillance station access.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Ok I have tried the default plugin for Synology Surveillance Station .61 and .7 and both do not have a variable for username and password. Is this hard code or something? I searched all over and stuck. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

try this…

Obtain the device number for the Synology plugin device (under Advanced).
Go to “Apps”/“Develop Apps”/“Test Luup Code(Lua)” and enter

local sDevice = (enter the device number here)
local SYNOLOGY_USERNAME = "the username for your synology station"
local SYNOLOGY_PASSWORD = "the password for your synology station"
luup.variable_set("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SurveillanceStationRemote1", "UserName", SYNOLOGY_USERNAME, sDevice)
luup.variable_set("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SurveillanceStationRemote1", "Password", SYNOLOGY_PASSWORD, sDevice)
return true