Updates for EZLogic - Beta 0.14.2 (Ezlo Hubs only)

Updates for EZLogic - Beta 0.14.3

1. Lua Scripts in Actions.
    It is possible to create new Lua Script in Actions:

1. Input Lua Script name
    2. Provide Lua code
    3. Click “Save Script” button. It is necessary to save script before usage for now.

And use existing Lua Scripts:

1. Select existing Lua Script
  2. Check Lua code
  3. Script can be edited by “Edit Script” button

2 Likes

Great it seems to be working OK for me.

We just need some good examples now of “Ezlo” Lua scripts, as we can’t just copy and paste our existing Lua scripts from Vera firmware hubs.

@ibrewster

You said the devices on the dashboard from your Vera firmware hub aren’t updating status.

However can you actually control any of those Vera devices via the dashboard tiles?

Apparently not. The controls change, but (for example) the light doesn’t actually turn on.

Also, all my DSC plugin devices show up as motion sensors. Which I could probably work with, that is if they actually worked… :slight_smile:

1 Like

All of these new device tiles that have appeared from Vera firmware hubs are dead for me, no control and no status feedback.

It has also imported some Vera firmware 3rd party plugin devices but not all of them. I can now see some tiles on the dashboard relating to the following Vera plugins, Harmony, WOL with Ping, MSW Weather, RGBW Controller etc.

Also no Vera firmware hubs appear in the dashboard filters in the Controllers section. I think this was possibly unintended for these devices to appear at this time. This has happened before also in the past, where devices from Vera firmware hubs were visible on the Ezlo Dynamic Dashboard.

Ideally in the longer term we would like for devices from Vera firmware hubs to appear into the Ezlo system, in to the dashboard and into meshbot rules etc. I could then stop using Rene’s bridge plugin and not bridge over any devices and instead allow their system to natively make them appear.

However I would have two feature requests if this is to happen with official support.

1. Ability to block a Controller and all of its devices from appearing in to the Ezlo system if desrired. For example my Vera Edge is a 100% test hub and I wouldn’t want any of its devices to appear at all into the Ezlo System.

2. Ability to pick and choose which devices from a Vera firmware hub are allowed to appear into the Ezlo system, for example on my production Vera Plus I would want most of its devices to appear on the Ezlo System, but there are certain devices I would want to block and restrict from appearing and would not want those to be seen on the Ezlo dashboard / meshbots etc.

@ibrewster

You can probably use Rene’s Vera to Ezlo Bridge plugin here, to get your DSC devices from your Vera controller into the Ezlo system and they will work that way.

That’s assuming the DSC Vera plugin adds its devices as standard Vera device types.

I for example have AltHue Vera plugin devices (Philips Hue Lights) on my Ezlo Plus and they work via the bridge plugin.

We are not supporting Vera devices for now. As you stated you can use bridge plugin. The devices showing is a bug I see

Thanks for confirming that’s what I thought. Hopefully in the future then support for devices still paired to Vera firmware hubs to be presented into the Ezlo system.

1 Like

Yeah, probably, but I’m trying to avoid “band-aid” fixes (even good ones!) in favor of keeping my Ezlo installation as “pure” as possible (though I did cave and install MSR recently…) until such a time as I can move over 100%. From what I’ve seen/heard, I’m hopeful that the Ezlo team will be able to get at least a Beta version of the DSC plugin out in the next month or two, which I think will be the tipping point for me. We’ll see :slight_smile:

Well I can recommend the bridge plugin it works well for me. Good to have options.

1 Like

I just had an idea:

Is it possible to combine several thermostats into one virtual one, so that one controls all radiators with one virtual controller?

have you tried the Virtual Container capability in EZLogic? (you can create a Virtual device and link it to properties of as many devices as you want).

I’m not sure how the Virtual Container is configured. But It seems like I can realize something like

• If temperature of TRV A is set to value X the set TRV B to value X
  • If temperature of TRV B is set to value X the set TRV A to value X

So if the temperature of one of these thermostats is changed then the temperature of all termostats is changed to the same value.

But what I want is to create a viritual thermostat in the Dashboard that controls a group of thermostats. Something like this:

ah…create One Tile that controls 3 different devices… (we call each one a Tile…and a Dashboard is made up of Tiles)…

we will enable so that you can link one tile to multiple devices

1 Like

I have yet to see this working. I add an action, select NuCAL in the action, select voi_control (since that is what I want to use), press “Add Account” button…and nothing happens. Literally nothing. No errors, no authentication, nothing.

I guess this feature isn’t quite ready yet :frowning:

try it with Google sheet…(to test to make sure NuCAL is working in your account)

Well, I wouldn’t say it was working well, but it did work. First, I got this:

Then, after clicking through the advanced section to say it was OK, it brought me back to the meshbot, where I got this:
Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 7.18.45 AM
So still no account listed (at this point). After going out and back in, my account then showed up, and I was able to set up the action.

So yeah, that works…mostly. Bit rough around the edges still though.

Also, any possibility of a Google Calendar integration for triggers (or, better yet, a calendar type scheduling option in Ezlogic) so I can easily schedule my thermostat temp changes in a calendar like interface? :slight_smile:

yes we can put this integration…
but note that this will be “cloud dependancy” (relying on cloud for a trigger)…and need to wait till when we put NuCAL in “Trigger” section (soon) as well…

In terms of warning…yes…we’ll sort…thanks.