UI7 ▾ Web UI ▾ 7.0.29 GA - April 24, 2019

Upgraded my Vera Plus, and as expected my FGS 223s had all changed names and thus PLEG stuff stopped working. After excluding and including them, setting names and repairing the automations in PLEG, they respond way faster and everything else still seems to work.

exactly as I experienced, although I didn’t want to change my FGS-223s to unsecure mode (hoping Vera makes a proper fix)

Hi fje, Like Sorin said, Neos Coolcam power plug is available with this last firmware but you have to add it as generic devices :

Did you try to exclude/re-include in oder to have power measure ?

Is anybody tried to make this plug work correctly ?

I updated the firmware to the latest version a few days ago.
For the very first time I too was left with a “no space Problem”, could not even activate tech support.
I contacted support via mail and within a few hours after a few mails back and forth I received a phone call and my Vera Plus was fixed via screen session.
What an improvement to my previous experience, every mail I sent took at least two days to be responded to.
Alas, my experience on the new firmware is dismal.
I tried to exclude a Fibaro FGS-223 as support suggested to fix the lag issue.
Exclusion was simply not possible. Even deleting the master and child devices without exclusion is not possible. I tried numerous times, quite a few luup reloads, reboots and browser refreshes.
Exclusion of the Fibaro switch worked instantly with a UZB Stick on openhabian.
When I tried to include the switch via the new wizard it is recognized but then get an instant “Add/Remove : Comm error S-1”
Now I am again waiting for customer care to respond.

My bad idea was to try the update on saturday 27. And as Customer care is closed due to Easter holidays, I’m stuck with a non functional VP since there…

Yes, but this is the way they were also added in the preceding firmware version (I did it with the four ones I have). What is then the difference with the new one? And, if there is a difference, should I have to exclude/include them? I did a reconfigure node of one of them and I don’t see any difference in configuration nor in behavior.

regards.

Actually, we’re not completely closed, but we did allow a part of the team to take some time off for the Easter holidays. I found your ticket in our system and we’re going to give you a call in less than 2 hours. Apologies for the delay.

I’m agree. Is anybody on the vera staff could confirm that the new firmware version for that device integrate power metrics ? And how can we reconfigure the plug in oder to have power information ?

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply, but in “less than 2 hours”, I’ll still be at my office.
Is it possible to book this call this evening, saying between 19h00 and 20h00 ?

This update has broken my Veraplus. No more access and just the power led are lit in green, not able to ping the unit. I have tried to reset with three clicks, without success and the same with a factory reset, 6 clicks. Sent a mesil to support yesterday, still waiting for an answer.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get access to the unit?

I still get controller up/down notifications pretty much daily. I have most networking disabled (WiFi DHCP etc) and set on static IP. I have several other devices on my network that would also complain about an actual network connection issue and I don’t get messages from any of those.

For me they work without issues for over a year now (EU version). Added as generic z-wave device, but except that they configure properly with power reporting working without issues.
Maybe try to reset (do a full reset, not only unpairing) the device and re-pair it with the controller?

I sent an email to support on Friday. this is what I got back on Sunday:

Hello,

We are very sorry for the delay.

I have had a look at your controller and can see that it is running on low storage. There seems to be a couple of plugins that are taking up space needed for the upgrade. Could you please let me know which ones of your apps you are currently using? All of them? I cannot proceed with the upgrade until there is enough space.

I proceeded to delete several apps that I’ve installed but have not had the time to set up and responded back to support this morning but how do I check my memory level myself?

Why can’t Vera fix this continuous memory issue?

1 Like

Hi Kwieto,
I will try to re-include properly the device.
When you said :

[quote=“kwieto, post:117, topic:208088”]
but except that they configure properly with power reporting working without issues
[/quote], do you mean that you did some modification on parameters in oder to have power metrics ? Do you remember what kind of modification was made ?

Like I said, power off or on the plug is successfuly made by the vera controler, and I can use the plug on scene…only power metrics are not working.

At least you got a response back from support. I sent one Thursday and still have not heard anything back from them.

Does the General Release auto upgrade? I was never prompted to upgrade firmware but system indicates I am running latest on my plus.

You are running the latest version 1.7.4453

Same here …

Edit: The heros from the Tech Support finally solved it. Thank you ! :smiley:

1 Like

Update seemed to work fine for me , except that I lost a (Jasco 45602) GE wall switch . Probably just need to repair it

After working most of the weekend, I finally had a stable platform again after what should have been a “simple” upgrade.

Came home to a device today that thought it was new device out of the box. Everything is gone. The ZWave chip still “sees” my ~100 devices but that’s about it. Tried to restore from a backup and put it in an endless reboot loop.

I can’t stand this company/product any longer. When is Homeseer’s spring sale?

Got it back myself while trying to get in contact with support. After speaking with support, they were apparently “in the controller” today “working on it”. I’m guessing something happened during that time. (nice)

Here’s what I did:

1. Tried to recover from an older backup - Friday afternoon - 29th. This failed due to no space. (surprise!).

2. I was able to sneak in to the console during reboots and grab a stable backup from yesterday off of Vera’s servers

3. Logged in to the device and ran /usr/bin/Stop_cmh.sh (to stop the constant reboot cycle caused by no space)

4. Cleaned up space by deleting unnecessary (and some necessary) files as documented elsewhere (old datamine, zwave firmware, user info - because I was restoring, plugins - because I was restoring)

5. Cracked up the backup file (7-zip) and grabbed the user and plugin files and moved them over to the device by hand.

6. Reboot and success.

I was lucky that, in this case, nothing was harmed on the ZWave chip. I therefore didn’t have to go around and recreate associations with secure devices - thereby causing scene recreation, reentering PINs, etc.

What a mess. They need to do a solid healthcheck prior to allowing these “upgrades” to take place.

2 Likes