UI7 ▾ Web UI ▾ 7.0.29 GA - April 24, 2019

I had this too, I backed up the Vera and then factory reset it, then I Restored the backup and it was fine after that.

Just to be certain, rafale77, are you saying all the files in /etc/cmh-zwfw can be safely deleted prior to the firmware upgrade? My first attempt to upgrade was not successful.

if you are already on 7.0.27, yes, these files are upgrades to the onboard firmware radio chip which has not been upgraded in quite some time. I am not sure why vera continues to keep them on the drive given the fact that they take a lot of space relative to what is available with all the difference regional versions and why they still keep version 4.0X.

You should be able to. Make sure to backup first and the safest path would be a factory reset and restore after the upgrade is complete.

Aaaand here it goes: during the night two my battery operated devices lost connection.
The strorage clearing scene ran twice. It was set to 900kb, before the upgrade it was set to 1600kb and didn’t run for months.

Dear Vera - as for the first update after couple of months and declarations that you work hard on improvements, I’m not impressed :frowning:

I tried that, and it didn’t work. Now I’m down to four diodes (Power, Internet, Wifi and Service). I will give it to the support to figure it out.

Reading the experiences of people writing here does not encourage my doing the firmware update at this point. From a laymans perspective, it seems, shall we say, problematic. Has anyone done the update and experienced no issues? I’d like to hear from them.

Yes, many of us have upgraded with no issues. You can look through the thread for the reports. The most important things is to see how much FLASH memory space (“disk” space) your Vera is using before the upgrade. If your root filesystem is almost full, it’s likely you’ll have problems. @rafele77 has a thread on the subject of FLASH usage that will give you a lot of information. https://community.getvera.com/t/veraplus-flash-drive-usage/200467/118?u=hsd99

And many of us have upgraded with issues.

Question : where is it mentioned that you have to check the memory space before upgrading ?
Answer : nowhere !

I updated to the latest firmware on a Vera plus with no problems. Running great for me.

Ditto, although we had a geofencing fail this morning :frowning:

C

I’ve updated as well without any problems at all. I only have 62 devices and 28 of those are sensors.

+1 upgraded on two Pluses, no problems. Upgraded from 3232 on one, 4415 on the other.

The truth is that Vera doesn’t say much about memory issues in general. Even if you’re experiencing issues, they might provide you script for clearing data, but won’t explain what it is doing and why.

The more strange (even crazy) thing is that they have to know the topic (in my opinion it is the most common cause of all kind of “my vera got bricked”, “I can access vera only locally” or “Can’t access my vera” issues). Yet they do nothing about it, when there are some solutions in hand (see posts from Rafale77, who provided a script (yes, just script) which enlarge your storage significantly.
I don’t understand it.

I get the following error message after the update: System error: Device: 5. Fail to load implementation file D_SceneController1.xml
I get the following error message after the update: System error: Device: 5. Fail to load implementation file D_SceneController1.xml
System error: Device: 106. Fail to load implementation file D_FUP_uuid 5f9ec1b3-ff59-19bb-8530-0005cd2cfed7.xml
System error: Device: 202. Fail to load implementation file D_SceneController1.xml
System error: Device: 205. Fail to load implementation file D_SceneController1.xml
The shutters do not work. (Fibaro)
or give the following message: “Please wait! Getting secure classes”
This is also a lot of restart, reset and backup.

That’s a sign of storage failure. Either bad blocks or lack of space…

I was a little bit quick to say that everything was fine with my upgrade. I have a couple of Sunricher SR-ZV9001K2/K4/K8 scene controllers which by the custom JSON and install instructions from Tronika https://www.tronika.no/no/index.php?controller=attachment&id_attachment=735 could execute scenes previously to this upgrade.

After upgrading, these does not work (will not execute scenes) any more. I have tried to exclude and reinclude the devices with no luck. The controller is communicating with Vera and I can see it sending commands in the logs when I press the buttons. This is what I get:

04/28/19 22:56:39.536|Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 3247 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1 variable: sl_CentralScene was: 3 now: 4 #hooks: 1 upnp: 0 skip: 0 v:0x1025b40/NONE duplicate:0 <0x772ff520>
04/28/19 22:56:39.537|Event::Evaluate 41  scene LD - Door 3 Curtain - Close is false repeat 0/0 <0x772ff520>|

HSD99, thanks, how would I check my flash memory ?

This thread will have the answers you need: https://community.getvera.com/t/veraplus-flash-drive-usage/200467?u=hsd99
There are several ways to do this—see which one looks easiest for you. If you need more info, let me know.

1 Like

Upgraded a Vera Plus and a Vera Secure.

Plus went fine, done in under 5 minutes. Secure ran out of space and got into a restart loop. I had to SSH in and clear some room and it all came good.

The partition scheme on these devices has to be the root cause of so many customer issues. It’s like Vera support team enjoy the pain of constantly shooting themselves in the foot.

Anyway, upgrade issue aside everything seems to be running fine. Web interface and device event processing (eg, motion->turn on light) seems much snappier than before. My Vera Secure was rebooting several times a day, and that seems to have settled down. A worthwhile update for me.