UI7 Support?

Any idea if this plugin will work with UI7? Interface with my alarm system is one of the most important uses for my Vera 3.

I was on UI6 and put UI7 on last night. Three hours later I was praising Vera’s backup and Restore capabilities and am now on UI5.

I had issues with the Nest and DSC plugins. The Nest one is fixed now (tried again today) but Vera was still not usable; likely due to the DSC plugin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What specifically wasn’t working?

Last time I tried it (on UI6) it had some UI disruptions, due to incompatibilities introduced by the UI team, but basic arming, tracking zone state (etc) were functioning.

Given the saga described in the other UI7 threads, and MCV hasn’t even touched/commented on the UI6 bugs I filed, I’d strongly recommend people hold off and give MCV time to get their house in order.

does anyone know who the dsc plugin developer is
we should be getting a hold of him/her to have it updated for ui7

I am waiting for the rudimentary UI7 issues to be addressed before attempting to try any plugins on UI7.

If it turns out that UI7 has broken the DSC Plugin, then the MCV team need to be contacted to address the backward-compatability deficiencies in their release (candidate). This will also allow them to co-ordinate any support activities around their product release, as well as bolster release backward compat.

So far no one has outlined the issues experienced with the DSC, under UI7, so it’s akin to asking a mechanic to fix a car by telling them “mine’s broken” 8)

That would be the poster above your post, guessed.

• Garrett

i would gladly report what the issue is however i have not yet received my second vera for ui7 testing

i am simply going on other peoples reports
i will report back on what i find once i get my second vera
@guessed, are you the dsc developer?

When I installed the DSC plugin the lua startup cycles through the lua startup indefinitely. Once I uninstall it. Everything is back to “normal”.

Pull the version from trunk, and manually apply it to your UI7 installation (using the normal mechanisms)

UI7 is doing some sort of validation of the Device Type that UI5 wasn’t. In this case though, UI7 creates using the Device Type from one file (I_xxx) and validates using the Device Type from another file (D_xxx) so it puts itself into a cycle of creating, and then destroying, the Child devices (Partitions, for example).

I changed the code so that the two locations were using a consistent device type declaration, so at least it would create against the same “string” that it later uses to compare.

I also tweaked a few string references to “2DS” to more simply “EnvisaLink” so it’ll be less confusing for newer users.

Hard to say what wasn’t working. The top bar would periodically flash a message about the DSC plugin but it was too fast to read.

Then I’d get e message about LUUP taking to long to load and at that point Vera was basically unusable.

I got the same flashing error message for Nest and tried its fix but Vera was still unusable.

I will try to try this tomorrow. Now that I know the downgrade process back to UI5 I can live on the edge a bit more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My issue started after upgrading from UI6 to UI7. Immediately after I upgraded, I started receiving emails from Eyez-On: TPI Session Closed, followed immediately by TPI Login. These alerts came about every 10 seconds and would not stop. Before I upgraded to UI7, I would only get one of these notifications every morning.

I was able to remove the DSC Plugin and the logging in/out issue has stopped. I have not tried to reinstall the plugin, because it looks like it is not compatible with UI7 yet. I did not get a chance to see if anything else on the plugin was working before I removed it.

I have a Vera 3, now running UI7, and a DSC PC1832 with the Envisalink 3 module.

Pull the version from trunk, and manually apply it to your UI7 installation (using the normal mechanisms)

UI7 is doing some sort of validation of the Device Type that UI5 wasn’t. In this case though, UI7 creates using the Device Type from one file (I_xxx) and validates using the Device Type from another file (D_xxx) so it puts itself into a cycle of creating, and then destroying, the Child devices (Partitions, for example).

I changed the code so that the two locations were using a consistent device type declaration, so at least it would create against the same “string” that it later uses to compare.

I also tweaked a few string references to “2DS” to more simply “EnvisaLink” so it’ll be less confusing for newer users.[/quote]

Is there a thread showing how this is done?

First result in Google search result using:

installing plugins site:micasaverde.com

It’s UI4 but the principals are the same. Feel free to upgrade the page with revised UI7 instructions.

I also tweaked a few string references to “2DS” to more simply “EnvisaLink” so it’ll be less confusing for newer users.[/quote]

thanks for these updated files
i just got my second vera for ui7 testing
it is working
i have only found one issue

it seems that every now and then it “cannot find device” for a split second
but long enough that the dashboard displays that a device has failed “x” minutes ago

this is not a case of both my veras fighting for a “slot” on the envisalink
as i only had one on at a time
now that i have the ui5 vera up its not happening
but switching back to ui 7 brings the issue back
nothing major as it still works
just bothersome to see the warning

@charettepa,
Thanks for running this through in your environment!

Probably best to run that last issue through with MCV’s support team. I ran it (and only it) for about 4 hours after making the patches and didn’t observe anything odd (either in the UI or in the Logs) but there’s possibly something else going on in your setup that might be hard to replicate.

As a side-note, I had a hell of a time upgrading my test box to UI7 though as it froze and became completely non-responsive (during the upgrade). Power cycling didn’t help. In the end I blew away/reset the configuration completely and treated the box like a new-install and then it was ok.

It’s clear they have some basic/core issues to sort out, so the more information people can get them the better it will be.

I’ll keep this version out of apps.mios.com for a while, to avoid potential disruption to UI5 users.

[quote=“guessed, post:13, topic:182416”]First result in Google search result using:

It’s UI4 but the principals are the same. Feel free to upgrade the page with revised UI7 instructions.[/quote]

So I have found the UI4 steps, but need more details. Should I delete the app before I start?
Do I upload all the files in the trunk folder?
When I create a device what filename do I use?
Do I insert the MAC and IP addresses at this stage?

Thanks in advance.

Vera Lite 3 UI7

Is it possible to add the app to apps.mios.com and just name it DSC UI7 or something similar?

[quote=“phifer2088, post:16, topic:182416”][quote=“guessed, post:13, topic:182416”]First result in Google search result using:

It’s UI4 but the principals are the same. Feel free to upgrade the page with revised UI7 instructions.[/quote]

So I have found the UI4 steps, but need more details. Should I delete the app before I start?
Do I upload all the files in the trunk folder?
When I create a device what filename do I use?
Do I insert the MAC and IP addresses at this stage?

Thanks in advance.

Vera Lite 3 UI7

Is it possible to add the app to apps.mios.com and just name it DSC UI7 or something similar?[/quote]

copy and apply only the 2 new files from a day or two ago
in apps under develop
select the 2 files from where you downloaded them and select upload
after a luup reload
it will work fine

@guessed
thanks the updated files work in ui7
could you advise on what you changed specifically in the 2 files (in regards to declaration)
the onkyo plugin has the exact same issue
in the mean time i have started comparing your old files to your new ones
i believe i might be able to correct it by doing what you did for DSC
i have already pulled the 2 coresponding onkyo files (D and I)
i will gladly share the updated files if it works

after searching here is the diff i found in the I_XX file
am i correct?

old 1043 “urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:DSCAlarmPartition:2”, “D_DSCAlarmPartition2.xml”)
new 1043 “urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:AlarmPartition:2”, “D_DSCAlarmPartition2.xml”)

Yup, that’s what I changed. Technically I could have changed the D_*.xml file instead, but that would have caused UI5 to “recreate” the Device, allocate new DeviceID’s etc, and generally broken UI5 user-setups.

So I changed the end that would cause the minimal impact to UI5 users. Either way, they just need to be consistent in definition across the various files.

BTW: People have to use these custom device-types, in violation of UPnP standards/conventions, to work-around this problem in Vera http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=1501

thanks for confirming
that was the main change
i had just 10 minutes ago figured it out after reviewing the differences

to anyone interested the onkyo plugin is now working
i will post the new file in that thread with details