UI6/UI7 compatibility

Update to my earlier post regarding my inability to configure the serial port in UI7 on a Vera Lite (no response to the button): - I put in a call to MCV and they accessed the device remotely and fixed it. No explanation as yet on what they did to fix.

I just committed a new version of the .js file that should fixed the “create device” issue. Let me know if it is ok now.

I just committed another change, the file D_RFXtrx.json. I hope the icon has come back with this change. Let me know.

Still can’t create new devices.

Still can’t create new devices.[/quote]

:frowning:
I was sure to have found the reason !

I have done a new change (file J_RFXtrx.js). I hope that the creation of a new device will now work.

@HaPe: please try.

Still don’t work.

::slight_smile:

Now with the changes done, I don’t understand why all the action invokations are working well except this one.

Did you run Ctrl+F5 in your browser (to free the cache) after uploading the files and before pushing the Create button ?

No, I didn’t. But have tried that too now, and still no new devices created. :cry:

I don’t forgive…

One of the parameter of my action was named “Id” while in the global HTTP request to call the action the parameter “id” is already required to pass the value “lu_action”. Maybe that is the reason. I have renamed my parameter “RemoteId”.

@HaPe: can you test again please ? New files to be uploaded in the Vera: D_RFXtrx.json (undo for the icon), I_RFXtrx.xml, J_RFXtrx.js and S_RFXtrx.xml.

PS: free you WEB browser cache after each change of a JSON or JS file.

Still nothing!

@HaPe: A new debug session with remote access should be necessary… :wink:

Hello Lolo,
I juste bought a vera lite and a RFXtrx … and discover after that actually it is not actually fully compatbile with the last OS :-[
So, what do you sugest me ?

• Downgrade to UI5
  • Test your last updates (remember i am a noob)
  • Wait and see (until you finished the compatibilit? with UI7 (in that case my vera will be useless, i’v got only devices in 433Mhz :'()

Thanks

[quote=“Toleg, post:54, topic:182536”]Hello Lolo,
I juste bought a vera lite and a RFXtrx … and discover after that actually it is not actually fully compatbile with the last OS :-[
So, what do you sugest me ?

• Downgrade to UI5
  • Test your last updates (remember i am a noob)
  • Wait and see (until you finished the compatibilit? with UI7 (in that case my vera will be useless, i’v got only devices in 433Mhz :'()

Thanks[/quote]

I would advice to wait a little because the current version (not the beta 2) of the plugin is now already mostly compatible with UI7 + a new UI7 firmware version fixing several issues impacting the plugin is coming soon.

Remains only one major UI issue in the plugin (button to create a new device in the “New device” tab does not call the corresponding action), I hope I will find the explanation soon. I will release a new official version as soon as this problem is fixed.

Ok, Thanks for your quick answer, can’t wait to have your release (thx for your work, by the way). ;D

I took the plunge and contacted support, they fixed the serial port selection screen for me.
Enjoying my new RFXTRX433E now :slight_smile:

Hi,
Lolo, do you have any idea of the date you will launch the official release for UI7 ?

Is it possible to try with the actual version ? as i understand, it is not possible to add nex devices ?
thx

[quote=“Toleg, post:58, topic:182536”]Hi,
Lolo, do you have any idea of the date you will launch the official release for UI7 ?[/quote]

As soon as MCV releases a stable UI7 version fixing all major issues, I will move to UI7 myself and then probably releases the plugin one or two days after.

Is it possible to try with the actual version ? as i understand, it is not possible to add nex devices ? thx

Of course, you can try with my current verison in trunk. Unfortunately @HaPe reported that the manual creation of devices through the plugin UI is still not working with this version. It would be the last major issue. I will investigate this bug as soon as I run UI7 myself.
Al other plugin features should now be ok especially with the next UI7 firmware. I have to admit that I have no feedback on automatic creation of devices, I just assume that it is working.

So, if you run UI7, I encourage you to try my trunk version and provide your own feedback.

[quote=“j.hoekstra, post:57, topic:182536”]I took the plunge and contacted support, they fixed the serial port selection screen for me.
Enjoying my new RFXTRX433E now :)[/quote]
Same problem as you, i can’t create the serial port :confused: