UI6/UI7 compatibility

I just committed a new JavaScript file that should certainly help with UI6/UI7.
You can find it in my working in progress version of the plugin: http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_rfxtrx/browser/trunk#

I have done no tests neither with UI6 nor with UI7, but I can at least confirm that the plugin continues working well with UI5.

Let me know if these changes solve issues with plugin UI when using UI6 or UI7.

Done some testing with the new file!

Settings still look alright, but when I tried to enable ARC it didn’t work (it didn’t change in the GUI). Pretty sure it already was enabled too. Changed it to “1” under advanced settings and then it looked OK in the settings page.

Plugin settings, seems that nothing still happens when I press the set-buttons.

“New Device” looks better now, no error message. I can choose all the types and add values. When you press “Create” it looks like it will create a device, and it reloads LUA. I don’t get a new device but I’m not sure if this is normal if it can’t communicate with device (entered some dummy values).

Under “Managed Devices”, it’s now possible to choose from the existing devices in the table. The “Change”-button doesn’t seem to work though.

Also get an error regualarly “Can’t Detect Device”, but I Think thats from the XBMCState-plugin (see screenshot) even if it moves the line in the table so it looks like it belongs to Rfxtrx.

Anything else you would like me to check?

I see that your plugin still displays version beta 2. That means you have not updated all the required files.
If you had a version beta 2 installed, you have to upload all the files changed since that release, that is:
D_LWRFRemote1.json
D_X10ChaconRemote1.json
I_RFXtrx.xml
J_RFXtrx.js
L_RFXtrx.lua
S_RFXtrx.xml

It could explain why certain actions are not handled. Please update your files and give me an updated reported.

UI7 I assume ?

Settings still look alright, but when I tried to enable ARC it didn't work (it didn't change in the GUI). Pretty sure it already was enabled too. Changed it to "1" under advanced settings and then it looked OK in the settings page.

I changed nothing in this tab, I was not aware that it could be broken by the UI upgrade as it use the standard flash Vera UI (not JavaScript).

Plugin settings, seems that nothing still happens when I press the set-buttons.

To check if it works, change a setting and push the “Set” button; switch to another tab and then come back to the plugin settings tab. If it works well, you should see your setting correctly set. Another check you can do is to free your browser cache after pushing the Set button and then check if the corresponding variable is correctly changed in the Advanced tab.

"New Device" looks better now, no error message. I can choose all the types and add values. When you press "Create" it looks like it will create a device, and it reloads LUA. I don't get a new device but I'm not sure if this is normal if it can't communicate with device (entered some dummy values).

As explained in my previous message, it could be due to the fact that you have not updated the other files. I am waiting for your updated report on this point.

Under "Managed Devices", it's now possible to choose from the existing devices in the table. The "Change"-button doesn't seem to work though.

Same thing.

Also get an error regualarly "Can't Detect Device", but I Think thats from the XBMCState-plugin (see screenshot) even if it moves the line in the table so it looks like it belongs to Rfxtrx.

Please enable the plugin debug logs and then check the logs searching for RFXtrx entries.
Do you see anormal messages during your actions ?

Anything else you would like me to check?

What WEB browser are you using ? I am surprised to see that there is no margins between fields.
Are you able to test with another browser ?

Updated the files (the updated “file upload”-page may be the best feature in UI7 yet…). No difference except it says “pre 1.0”.

The screenshots was taken with IE11. Also tried with latest Chrome. Looks the same.

Any other way than through the Plugin Settings to enable logging (since that doesn’t work)?

[quote=“HaPe, post:5, topic:182536”]Updated the files (the updated “file upload”-page may be the best feature in UI7 yet…). No difference except it says “pre 1.0”.

The screenshots was taken with IE11. Also tried with latest Chrome. Looks the same.

Any other way than through the Plugin Settings to enable logging (since that doesn’t work)?[/quote]

Set the variable “DebugLogs” to 1 through the advanced tab. Then you have to reload but I know that the button has disappeared in UI7…

It is interesting to have the debug logs because it looks like there is no call to actions from the JavaScript and I would like to be sure about that or if the call is done I would like to confirm what is the value in paramter.

Once the debug logs will be enabled, you should have a log with “setDebugLogs” when you push the button “Set”.

Even without the debug logs, you should already have a trace of a call to the action “SetDebugLogs” in the logs.

Hi,
I have the same problem.

Could it be a problem of the serial port? In UI7 it is impossible to configure this.

Claas

Of course if the serial port is not setup, the plugin will not work and will log an error message at loading.
That is why it is important to check the logs.

HaPe has apparently not this problem as he reported he saw temperature reported and was able to control a light.

I have these problems since I had updated the files today. It looks like there are temperature updates, but definitely less then the temperature is changing outside.

Lolodomo, have you seen the PM I sent you?

I have also tried to install the controller in UI7. I have tried Beta 1, 2 and the files in “trunk.” The device will appear, but I cannot use it. I keep getting the message “RFXtrx: Choose the serial port” When I go to try to configure the serial port, I cannot access that screen (see attached screen shot.) I have a VeraLite controller. This device was working in UI5 (Thanks lolodomo). It really is fabulous.

I have updated the JS file again to suppress usage of Object.extend. It should fix calls of actions from the JavaScript tabs.

Now the buttons seem to work!

Noticed that if I changed from Celsius to Fahrenheit it changed the value but not the unit in the device, but thats maybe from the Vera.

Still get the red bar that says that it can’t detect the device.

You can even create new devices (tab “New device”) and update the type of few of them (tab “Managed devices”) ?

Noticed that if I changed from Celsius to Fahrenheit it changed the value but not the unit in the device, but thats maybe from the Vera.

I would say it is normal. The unit was not displayed in UI5. It could be a new feature introduced in UI7.

Still get the red bar that says that it can't detect the device.

For this, I think looking at the logs at loading time may help.

Can you attach the new file D_TemperatureSensor1.json ?

Hmm, no the Change Type and Create New still do nothing more than a reload.

Can you open the advanced tab and force the value of the variable CommFailure to 0 please.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,26649.msg189195.html#msg189195

Ok, the degree unit is here but seems to be hardcoded !

As a temporary conclusion, only the “Plugin settings” tab is working fully ?

Same problem here, any ideas on this?