UI6/UI7 compatibility

I have also tried to install the controller in UI7. I have tried Beta 1, 2 and the files in "trunk." The device will appear, but I cannot use it. I keep getting the message "RFXtrx: Choose the serial port" When I go to try to configure the serial port, I cannot access that screen (see attached screen shot.) I have a VeraLite controller. This device was working in UI5 (Thanks lolodomo). It really is fabulous.
Similar results to Hansibal and reardorw Vera Lite/ UI7. New user - RFX and Vera Lite arrived two days ago. No response from the UI to configure the serial port. Tried various browsers, deleting and reinstalling Trunk-115, resetting the box to factory default and trying again.

For this, you have to wait for a fix of MCV, hoping in the next firmware.

Next year maybe, you just have to wait :wink:

Is there no way to configure it manually in a config file?? :-[ :-[

Is there any way to go back to UI6??? :‘( :’(

[quote=“kielclaas, post:24, topic:182536”]Is there no way to configure it manually in a config file?? :-[ :-[

Is there any way to go back to UI6??? :‘( :’([/quote]

I have returned to UI6 too!
The link to upgrade to UI 6 is http://firmware.getvera.com/ and the login page is Login

You must use BETA1 version of RFXTRX plugin.

[quote=“zeldhaking, post:25, topic:182536”][quote=“kielclaas, post:24, topic:182536”]Is there no way to configure it manually in a config file?? :-[ :-[

Is there any way to go back to UI6??? :‘( :’([/quote]

I have returned to UI6 too!
The link to upgrade to UI 6 is http://firmware.getvera.com/ and the login page is Login

You must use BETA1 version of RFXTRX plugin.[/quote]

No, the version updated for UI7 should work well for UI6.

[quote=“zeldhaking, post:25, topic:182536”]I have returned to UI6 too!

You must use BETA1 version of RFXTRX plugin.[/quote]

UI7 is up and running, but http://firmware.getvera.com/ cound not find my Vera. Whats wrong?

Claas

i should now have fixed IE11 compatibility + missing possibility to rename the device or move it to another room in UI7.

I will fix later the problem with CommFailure variable.

I have now committed several changes that should had full compatibility with UI6/UI7. At least I hope.

Please do a new test, after uploading all the files (to be sure to not forget one).

@lolodomo,
You may want to use [tt]luup.set_failure()[/tt] instead of directly setting [tt]CommFailure[/tt], just in case they hinge anything else off the method call.

In UI5, this method takes a true/false (Lua) value.

In UI7, MCV modded the doc to indicate that it takes a 0, 1 or 2 value, but presumably they’ve done the right thing to ensure this change was compatible with the original args.

[quote=“guessed, post:30, topic:182536”]@lolodomo,
You may want to use [tt]luup.set_failure()[/tt] instead of directly setting [tt]CommFailure[/tt], just in case they hinge anything else off the method call.

In UI5, this method takes a true/false (Lua) value.

In UI7, MCV modded the doc to indicate that it takes a 0, 1 or 2 value, but presumably they’ve done the right thing to ensure this change was compatible with the original args.[/quote]

Ok, I will do it.

I could use this code:

if luup.version_major == 7 then luup.set_failure(0) else luup.set_failure(false) end

Honestly, I’ve just left it as [tt]luup.set_failure(true)[/tt], without any version-specific logic.

If they haven’t provided backward compatibility something as that simple change, then we have bigger problems (surprises?) coming 8)

Either way, it would be a regression, and I’d get them to fix it in UI7, since it’s easy for them to do it centrally in the method.

Are the up-to-date files in “Trunk”? Thanks,
R

[quote=“reardorw, post:33, topic:182536”]Are the up-to-date files in “Trunk”? Thanks,
R[/quote]

Absolutely.

I just modified again 5 JSON files to add a workaround fixing a UI7 bug.

One or two specific devices implemented by the RFXtrx plugin should not work full in UI7 due to another UI7 bug. For example, setting the exit delay in the alarm device UI should probably not work in UI7. Other example, sending a code from the ATI device UI should probably not work in UI7. For this, I will do nothing and wait for a fix by MCV.

File L_RFXtrx.lua updated to take into account @guessed’s remark.

Current status for UI7:

• main panel: plugin version correctly displayed but no RFXCOM icon

• RFXtrx settings: OK except in IE11 (only Micasaverde can fix that); bottom of the screen is truncated because space is a little smaller than in UI5

• Plugin settings: OK

• New device: KO => the UPnP action is never reached when pushing the Create button

• Managed devices: OK but refreshing the devices table after a device type change (and an automatic lua reload) does not provide refreshed data (data not refreshed by Micasaverde in UI7) + a button that has to be resized a little for IE11

• Help: OK

Have folks been able to get the plug-in to work in UI7? I still have not been able to configure the Serial Port Configuration screen. Vera support told me they aware of the issue and will fix it in the next release. Is there a way I can set the baud rate, etc w/o going to the Serial Port Configuration screen in a browser?

I managed to get it working in UI7 by upgrading to an unofficial (development) version I found (version 1.7.343… I’ll let you guys figure out how to get hold of it), setting the options, and then downgrading again.

You can’t keep the development version on because it wants to talk to the dev mios.com servers.

Far out. Very interesting. Thanks!