UI5: Scene Controller Running Wrong Scene

Are you running this build? If you are sorry to inform you that this is a private beta build and does have issues with scene controller. They had to revert the changes and push out a new beta build. Please do not run a build that is not released to the public. You will not get any support.

• Garrett

Somehow, I missed the release of firmware 1.5.408 and didn’t get it installed until today. I was looking forward to trying it out with a 45600 and am disappointed to find similar problems. I did a factory reset on the 45600, added it to Vera2, created a scene trigger for buttons 1, 2, and 13 to test, and uploaded those to the 45600. Button 1 controls its scene, but so does buttons 3 and 6 (for On, but not for Off). I didn’t find a duplicate for button 2. Button 13 (shift 4) is interesting; it seems to control its light for On without going through Vera2.

If scene control is working properly for others, it lends credence to the idea that there are different versions of the 45600 and suggests that MCV used a different version for testing.

Just to keep the thread alive:

Just got a 45600 with prety low expectations. I just wanted to be able to turn lights on if something goes bump in the night. Coupled successfully with VeraLite. I have scenes set up in VeraLite to turn on all lights, interior lights and exterior lights.

Button 1 linked to every light scene
Button 2 linked to exterior light scene
Button 3 linked to interior light scene

I have found that the buttons generally do what is expected, but Vera loses the ability to accurately determine the state of the lights. For example, if I turn all of the interior lights on and off via the remote, Vera still thinks many of the interior lights are on.

Moreover, buttons 4-9 (which have not been assigned to anything) turn on every light in the house.

In MCV still working on this issue? Since I am only loking to use this thing as a panic button, it isn’t a major issue, but they can surely do better…

PS: To whom it may concern: in the verification one must complete to post, you note that granite is a mineral. Granite is in fact an igneous rock composed of several different minerals.

Since Vera transfers the scene to the remote, the remote talks directly to the lights/devices, and sets their state. When the remote does it directly, Vera will be “out of the loop” until the device is polled. Depending on the size of the network, that can take a while.

What brand of devices? Certain devices that support the “hail” command (Leviton, Cooper, etc), will report status directly to Vera. GE & Intermatic won’t, so only polling will get the state of the device.

Hi guys! Sorry to resurrect this old topic, but, 2 years later, I’m still suffering with the wrong scene being activated by both of my remote controllers (GE 45600 and Remotec ZURC500). Was this issue ever corrected? I saw someone saying that the build 1.5.401 had this bug fixed. Is it back on release 1.5.622?

I have a Vera 3 device with UI 5 (1.5.622) and I’m having a really hard time making things to work with it.

Can anyone help me please? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I am curious about this as well. With UI6 out, I was hoping there would be a fix.

Does anyone know if the Wayne-Dalton WDHC-20 will work without issues? I have not seen any posts about it. It is a 16 scene hand held remote for about $30

[quote=“thewizardofoz”]I am curious about this as well. With UI6 out, I was hoping there would be a fix.

Does anyone know if the Wayne-Dalton WDHC-20 will work without issues? I have not seen any posts about it. It is a 16 scene hand held remote for about $30[/quote]

I have the wdhc-20 remote and it has similar issues with buttons running other scenes. At least on UI5, don’t know about UI6. The first 4 buttons on my remote seems fine but after that it will run scenes other than the one it is suppose to run.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

@kirkla79
Did you have your remote programmed once and things seems to work correctly and then later on decided to change some scenes and then started having issues?

The GE 45600 remote that I had worked fine when I programmed the first 9 buttons. When I decided to change a few things and added the back 9 buttons is when it went haywire.

[quote=“thewizardofoz, post:48, topic:170261”]@kirkla79
Did you have your remote programmed once and things seems to work correctly and then later on decided to change some scenes and then started having issues?

The GE 45600 remote that I had worked fine when I programmed the first 9 buttons. When I decided to change a few things and added the back 9 buttons is when it went haywire.[/quote]

I had the issue after the first time I programmed it. I do find that when I change things up not all the buttons will have the same issue. For example, right 5 through 8 will trigger the wrong scenes, but previously on 7 and 8 did.

Spent 6 hours with the GE 45600 and have read endless posts. Everyone seems to be having the same issues with secondary remote functions and Vera. I have come to the conclusion (at least in my opinion) that vera is to blame for this. If MCV wants to do something about it is not my concern anymore. It has been a problem for years now and with different firmware versions all across the board. I will admit that I had set up a few scenes for the remote when I first got it, and everything was peachy. Out of no where Vera decided to start running alternate scenes alongside the chosen to run. Smartphones don’t have this issue when running on the same LAN. I know they are 2 completely different animals (the phone vs. the remote), but I don’t have the problem when using the phone. So that goes without saying, that it has something to do with the way secondary remote functions are integrated into firmware. :cry:

Exactly. I have started another trouble ticket, this time about my Intermatic HA07 and HA09 remotes. I have 3 HA07 and 5 HA09 remotes that have worked just fine for a year and a half. I added some new devices and wanted to change some scenes around and NOW the HA07s and the HA09s do not work the OFF button anymore since I changed scenes to buttons. BUT the HA07 and HA09 remotes that I still had not changed, still worked both the ON and OFF buttons for scenes. At least the GE remotes never really worked with Vera. These Intermatic remotes were working and then Vera went through some mid-life crisis and decided to change how the remotes are used and now the OFF buttons do not work.

One cool thing that did come of the tech support (2 hour) call. I learned about TOGGLE STATE for my scenes. I can use the ON button to start the scene and then use the ON button to toggle the state of the devices in the scene. Kitchen lamp On with the first press and then the kitchen lamp would go off with the second press. There are other problems that goes along with this Toggle State, but the Virtual Switch plug-in can work wonders. I tried the MultiSwitch plug-in,and it has its uses. But in this case I could not toggle the state of individual buttons on the MultiSwitch. I now create a scene that operates a specific Virtual Switch and then its state will be the trigger for a specific scene. I have a lot of Virtual Switches now,but my remotes function.
I do not plan to try this with my GE 45600 remotes since they were running multiple scenes with one button press. I do plan to try it on the one GE 45601 I have.

[quote=“thewizardofoz, post:51, topic:170261”]Exactly. I have started another trouble ticket, this time about my Intermatic HA07 and HA09 remotes. I have 3 HA07 and 5 HA09 remotes that have worked just fine for a year and a half. I added some new devices and wanted to change some scenes around and NOW the HA07s and the HA09s do not work the OFF button anymore since I changed scenes to buttons. BUT the HA07 and HA09 remotes that I still had not changed, still worked both the ON and OFF buttons for scenes. At least the GE remotes never really worked with Vera. These Intermatic remotes were working and then Vera went through some mid-life crisis and decided to change how the remotes are used and now the OFF buttons do not work.

One cool thing that did come of the tech support (2 hour) call. I learned about TOGGLE STATE for my scenes. I can use the ON button to start the scene and then use the ON button to toggle the state of the devices in the scene. Kitchen lamp On with the first press and then the kitchen lamp would go off with the second press. There are other problems that goes along with this Toggle State, but the Virtual Switch plug-in can work wonders. I tried the MultiSwitch plug-in,and it has its uses. But in this case I could not toggle the state of individual buttons on the MultiSwitch. I now create a scene that operates a specific Virtual Switch and then its state will be the trigger for a specific scene. I have a lot of Virtual Switches now,but my remotes function.
I do not plan to try this with my GE 45600 remotes since they were running multiple scenes with one button press. I do plan to try it on the one GE 45601 I have.[/quote]

My controllers hadn’t been acting right for a while now and I had taken them all down and put them away on a shelf. Finally got time to get them back out and can’t get them working correctly. I can only get mine to work for scene buttons 1 - 6. According to wiki [url=http://docs5.mios.com/doc.php?language=1&manual=1&platform=2&page=ha07,%20ha09,%20intermatic]http://docs5.mios.com/doc.php?language=1&manual=1&platform=2&page=ha07,%20ha09,%20intermatic[/url] the off button only sends back scene zero. These things are pretty much junk now. Went from a 12 button on/off to a 6 button scene controller with off buttons you hope no one presses. Seriously, if these controllers can independantly commicate to a wall switch one and off but can’t communicate to vera to do the same thing??? something is wrong.

[quote=“aaronsquire, post:52, topic:170261”]These things are pretty much junk now. Went from a 12 button on/off to a 6 button scene controller with off buttons you hope no one presses. Seriously, if these controllers can independantly commicate to a wall switch one and off but can’t communicate to vera to do the same thing??? something is wrong.[/quote]They can communicate on and off to Vera, just like any other device in the network. Unfortunately, they don’t convey enough information to Vera to be useful.

From the controllers perspective, for each button, it has a list of devices. Take button 1 for example, with 3 devices, DeviceA, DeviceB, & DeviceC. It tells all devices “go to scene 1” when you press on, and “turn off” when you press off. That’s the exact same thing it it telling Vera. It’s either “Go to Scene1, or turn off.”

From the controllers view, 1-Off, 2-Off…6-Off are all the same for a given device…they are simply “turn off” - so that’s what it sends.

For the GEs and the HA07/09, the off function cannot be distinguished on a per-button basis, as @PurdueGuy said. (This is simply a limitation of using the remotes and Vera this way; it is not a Vera issue.)

I haven’t looked at this in quite a while, so the following observations may be dated, but IIRC, you should be able to ‘program’ the remotes locally on the remote itself, per its own instructions, after you include the remote into Vera’s network. You will then have on/off/dim functionality per button. The GEs also have their own notion of a scene, but Vera can (with limitations) translate a Vera scene to a GE scene, if you re-include the remote after setting up the scene. The scene is then ‘run’ by the remote.

Letting the GE run the scene, as opposed to having Vera run the scene due to pressing a button on the GE (which should work after a single include), can be beneficial, due to recent issues that are believed to be part of Vera’s firmware.

Also, you can consider setting up a scene that polls all lights controlled by, say, an HA09, to get some form of ‘instant’ status, after you press an off button.

I was incorrect on my previous post about the MultiSwitch plugin. I have now opted for 4 MultiSwitches and program the ON buttons of the remotes to operate a MS button which will then trigger a scene. I also have some remotes set up this way and then have a couple of buttons that will operate light directly from the remote without going through Vera at all.

I am encountering same issue with Jasco 45600.

Pressing Scene 1 invokes both scene 1 and scene 7
Pressing Scene 2 is ok
Pressing Scene 3 invokes scene 3 and scene 6
Pressing Scene 4 is ok
Pressing Scene 5 is ok
Pressing Scene 6 invokes scene 3 and scene 6
Pressing Scene 7 invokes both scene 1 and scene 7
Pressing Scene 8 is ok
Pressing Scene 9 does nothing as it is not assigned - correct behavior

Correct; unfortunately, this can happen with the 45600. Referencing another thread on this.

[quote=“kirkla79, post:47, topic:170261”][quote=“thewizardofoz”]I am curious about this as well. With UI6 out, I was hoping there would be a fix.

Does anyone know if the Wayne-Dalton WDHC-20 will work without issues? I have not seen any posts about it. It is a 16 scene hand held remote for about $30[/quote]

I have the wdhc-20 remote and it has similar issues with buttons running other scenes. At least on UI5, don’t know about UI6. The first 4 buttons on my remote seems fine but after that it will run scenes other than the one it is suppose to run.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk[/quote]

I know this is a very old thread, but… I’ve got the wdhc20, and only the All-ON and All-OFF respond. I set scenes to other buttons, but none work. Do you remember what you did? Thanks.

[quote=“insane, post:58, topic:170261”][quote=“kirkla79, post:47, topic:170261”][quote=“thewizardofoz”]I am curious about this as well. With UI6 out, I was hoping there would be a fix.

from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk[/quote]

I know this is a very old thread, but… I’ve got the wdhc20, and only the All-ON and All-OFF respond. I set scenes to other buttons, but none work. Do you remember what you did? Thanks.[/quote]

My opinion would be to send it back. With today’s IOT and microcontroller embedded ESP8266 chips out there, you will get a hell of alot better results. In other words, if you are capable of doing so, build your own remote. The challenge and results will be worth it. This is just my opinion.
Sent 8)