UI5: Scene Controller Running Wrong Scene

[quote=“kkl, post:20, topic:170261”]Another issue though is that whenever you “update” your 45600, it wipes out the Light and Group associations, so you have to roam round the house to set those up again. What a PITA. So for my 45600s, I’m not using Vera-originated scenes and for my HA07, I’m only using Vera scenes and no specific device associations.[/quote]I still can’t program individual lights, even with with .346.
These remotes must have different firmware versions or something that they are acting different.

Precisely. It is the remote that takes care of turning devices off; so that will only work for devices the remote can natively control. There’s various previous threads on that.

Being able to control individual devices may be related to the firmware in the remote, as it appears to be working for some users, but not others.

Being able to run the scenes properly may be related to Vera.

[quote=“PurdueGuy, post:21, topic:170261”][quote=“kkl, post:20, topic:170261”]Another issue though is that whenever you “update” your 45600, it wipes out the Light and Group associations, so you have to roam round the house to set those up again. What a PITA. So for my 45600s, I’m not using Vera-originated scenes and for my HA07, I’m only using Vera scenes and no specific device associations.[/quote]I still can’t program individual lights, even with with .346.
These remotes must have different firmware versions or something that they are acting different.[/quote]
That’s odd. I am running 1.5.346, but I’m also using Z-wave version 2.78 instead of 3.20. Could the 45600 have a problem with 3.20?

[quote=“kkl, post:23, topic:170261”]That’s odd. I am running 1.5.346, but I’m also using Z-wave version 2.78 instead of 3.20. Could the 45600 have a problem with 3.20?[/quote]At this rate, anything is possible!

Going to go over this again, just to make sure.
To program a single button on the 45600 to control a single dimmer switch, you do the following:

1. Press/hold SETUP (both red and green blink twice)
  2. Press ADD once (red blinks once)
  3. Press LIGHT once (red blinks once)
  4. Press the digit on the remote you want to assign the device to
  5. Press the button on the device (switch/dimmer/module)
  6. Green blinks twice to confirm

Is that correct?

I excluded that (at least as it relates to individual assignments) based on @khyizang’s report.

Hi PurdueGuy,

The sequence you describe is exactly what I do and works for me. Current firmware is 1.5.346. Z wave is reported by Vera to be 3.20 L:1 I’m running UI5 on a Vera3. I don’t have a way to check any of the parameters on the 45600. In the battery compartment, there are two decals: 8900BG0-R and G080910. I have no idea if those are relevant or not.

Vera reports the manufacturer as Universal Electronics Inc. Capabilities assigned are: 18,134,0,1,1,1,|33,114,134,

Curiously, the LastSceneID is set to 9, even though this unit should be able to invoke 18 scenes using the shift button. Hmmm.

Maybe somewhere in all that there is an explanation for why we’re having such different results with the manual programming.

[quote=“khyizang, post:26, topic:170261”]Hi PurdueGuy,

The sequence you describe is exactly what I do and works for me. Current firmware is 1.5.346. Z wave is reported by Vera to be 3.20 L:1 I’m running UI5 on a Vera3. I don’t have a way to check any of the parameters on the 45600. In the battery compartment, there are two decals: 8900BG0-R and G080910. I have no idea if those are relevant or not.

Vera reports the manufacturer as Universal Electronics Inc. Capabilities assigned are: 18,134,0,1,1,1,|33,114,134,

Curiously, the LastSceneID is set to 9, even though this unit should be able to invoke 18 scenes using the shift button. Hmmm.

Maybe somewhere in all that there is an explanation for why we’re having such different results with the manual programming.[/quote]
My capabilities and manufacturer are identical. The 1 sticker is the same, the other is not.
They are G093211 and 8900BG0-R
I’m guess one is a date code, and another an internal model number?

I have an unopened 45600 that I might just have to open now!

That reminds me, I believe that’s another issue with the upper 9 scenes.

That reminds me, I believe that’s another issue with the upper 9 scenes.[/quote]Mine has “LastSceneID” set to whatever the last scene I invoked from the remote. So it changes to be a number between 1 and 6 for me (I only have 6 scenes to far programmed to the remote).

Just for clarity:

So the OFF-button works for z-wave devices, but only if the scenes have been transferred to and are run by the remote.
And when only using the remote buttons to trigger devices to be executed by VERA, and NOT by the remote itself, the OFF-buttons do not work which is a limitation by VERA as explained here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,1960.msg7383.html#msg7383

Correct ?

Correct, with the exception that it is a limitation of the remote, not Vera. The remote was designed to be used as a stand-alone device, and not necessarily the way it is being used with Vera.

[quote=“PurdueGuy, post:24, topic:170261”]Going to go over this again, just to make sure.
To program a single button on the 45600 to control a single dimmer switch, you do the following:

1. Press/hold SETUP (both red and green blink twice)
  2. Press ADD once (red blinks once)
  3. Press LIGHT once (red blinks once)
  4. Press the digit on the remote you want to assign the device to
  5. Press the button on the device (switch/dimmer/module)
  6. Green blinks twice to confirm

Is that correct?[/quote]

If you haven’t already, you might try clearing the remote first with the 969 code before adding it as a secondary to Vera with 967…Can you add individual lights to the remote when it’s the primary (after 969 reset)?

I’m basically just bumping this thread. I tried again to add scenes from Vera to a 45600. Got the same result: 1 correct scene runs + 1 incorrect scene runs. No update on the issue from MCV: [url=http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=2083]http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=2083[/url]. I wonder what the problem is in correcting it.

Given how the remote won’t control lights directly (like the instructions say), at this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if they remote is sending out false button presses and just confusing things.

Has anyone watched the traffic across the TTY interface to see what is really going on?

Aaron (MCV) looked into this and bought these remotes to test. He says it will be fixed in the next firmware. I have it to test the issue but have not yet had time to verify the issue is resolved.

Great news! Thanks for the info.

I hope this will also be fixed for the Remotec 550 which has a similar bug
http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=2264

Hello:

I have been experiencing erratic scene by the GE 45600 also. I have a Vera2 with firmware 1.1.1350, looking forward to receive Vera 3 and Vera Lite this week, I have done some arrangements of the scenes to try to find a relation of which scene button miss commands which scene.

If I have all 9 scenes programmed I get the same behavior ass automator.app in post
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9177.msg60370.html#msg60370

If I only control 1 light for each scene from 2 till 9 I get a constant behavior.
2 calls 2
3 calls 3 and 2
4 calls 4 and 3
5 calls 5 and 4
6 calls 6 and 5

9 calls 9 and 8

I hope this helps somehow and I will keep track of this issue. I will be testing other controllers as second controller and await for a fix of this bug.

Regards

@Rafaelmex,

Welcome!

Right; as far as I’ve been able to observe, the remote appears to be sending the right information, but the mapping from scenes to buttons inside Vera is off.

Finally fixed in beta 1.5.401 :smiley:
My remotec 550 has now 10 working scene keys.
Scene 0: Off key
Scenes 1 -8, run correctly
Scene 9, runs with shift-1