UI5 on Vera2

Hello all:

Can I use UI5 on Vera2?

Yes, but not all devices work fully and there are other issues. Ui5 is pending a firmware update that should be expect soon. Other comments see below.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9619.msg64268.html#msg64268

So what is the actual “URL for MiOS custom firmware:” that I paste into the firmware tab if I want to give ui5 a try?

Go to a browser window and type in: MiOS

• Garrett

Well thanks Garret,

I had tried that around half a dozen times and it kept failing to find my Vera2.

I did a lot of things differently today and it seems to be going fine “Please wait while downloading firmware image …”

Try using a different browser. I had trouble as well before I opened the page with Internet Explorer instead of using my preferred browser (Opera).

It did work. With Firefox. Thanks all.

Now trundling along happily. My minimote is working perfectly now. Everything else seems to work pretty much according to plan.

A small bug in the UI: at one time the rollover buttons (horrible feature of any UI imho) on the ‘title bar’ of every device ‘panel’ became invisible. Fortunately they were still sensitive so I could finish whatever I was monkeying with. They came back after I closed the browser tab and reopened it.

Has mios a designated spot for us to post UI5 feature critiques, wishlists and so forth?

[quote=“BakerBoy, post:7, topic:170693”]It did work. With Firefox. Thanks all.

Now trundling along happily. My minimote is working perfectly now. Everything else seems to work pretty much according to plan.

A small bug in the UI: at one time the rollover buttons (horrible feature of any UI imho) on the ‘title bar’ of every device ‘panel’ became invisible. Fortunately they were still sensitive so I could finish whatever I was monkeying with. They came back after I closed the browser tab and reopened it.

Has mios a designated spot for us to post UI5 feature critiques, wishlists and so forth?[/quote]
You could post on this designated board.

Guys this is my second time i try to upgrade from vera2 UI4 1.1.338 to UI5 1.5.346
but after upgrading i am unable to access my vera!
neither locally nor from CP
i tried findvera also but no luck

I have IP SCANNED my network the device with its IP is available in the network

This my second time what to do to make my vera works on UI5

@therealabdo

1. Unplug the Ethernet cable from Vera’s ETH1 port and connect your computer to Vera on the ETH2 port.
  2. Give your computer a static IP like: 192.168.81.2, address mask: 255.255.255.0 and gateway IP: 192.168.81.1
  3. Now you should be able to access the Vera dashboard. Check that the internet settings are OK.

[quote=“therealabdo, post:9, topic:170693”]Guys this is my second time i try to upgrade from vera2 UI4 1.1.338 to UI5 1.5.346
but after upgrading i am unable to access my vera![/quote]
You might also need to empty the browser cache.
And additionally your old URL saved in the web browser might not be correct. There was a diffrent one between UI4 and UI5.

I have tried but no luck :frowning:

i am able to ping vera on the IP 192.168.81.1

what shall i do?

[quote=“therealabdo, post:12, topic:170693”]I have tried but no luck :frowning:

i am able to ping vera on the IP 192.168.81.1

what shall i do?[/quote]

But do you get anything if you try to load that IP address into the web browser?
Is Vera connected to the Internet too or is it only connected to your computer when you try this? If it’s also connected to the Internet can you go to 192.168.81.1/cgi-bin/cmh/tech_ra.sh and see if it gives you the remote access codes?

can i change the IP somehow?
I believe this is my problem, vera cant see the internet due to IP issue in my home network

how can i change the IP?

Did you actually do what mcvflorin posted?!

1. Unplug the Ethernet cable from Vera's ETH1 port and connect your computer to Vera on the ETH2 port. 2. Give your computer a static IP like: 192.168.81.2, address mask: 255.255.255.0 and gateway IP: 192.168.81.1 3. Now you should be able to access the Vera dashboard. Check that the internet settings are OK.

If you did that, you’re vera does not have any internet access, it is only connected to your pc. But now you are talking about your home network! If the vera is connected to your home network, then it sure shouldn’t have the IP 192.168.81.1. You’re router will have the IP ending with 1. Do what mcvflorin asked you to do, in that case internet access doesn’t matter, your home network doesn’t matter, this way you can make sure your vera actually works and you are not fighting a network problem (what it seems to be right now…)

And if you don’t know how to manually set your ip: LMGTFY - Let Me Google That For You

Do that and let us know how everything behaves and don’t just write “I have tried but no luck”. This way I don’t even understand what you tried exactly!

i did that before and couldn’t access my vera
i believe the cause is that before i have installed the UI5 i have set my network vera setting on
Manual setting - Static IP- 192.168.114.102
and i think that this UI5 didn’t take these configuration
i will format the flash and re install the UI5 and let you know

:frowning:

i have tried everything and after all i have formatted the flash and re installed a new firmware
everything should be easy (since i did this before)

After i have finished i have configured my PC and my mobile on the IP 192.168.81.XX
i am able to ping my VERA
find it on IP scanner tool

but not accessing it via any browser :frowning:
what to do? it became useless :frowning:

Have you tried to enable remote access like Daniel said?

I have about reached the end of my rope trying to get my Vera2 working. I started with a “fresh” unit, upgrading to the latest firmware 1.1.1362. For the past three days I’ve been doing some testing before underaking the migration off my Vera1 to Vera2, and have been unsuccessful in defining any virtual devices that work properly. So after having read a post from MCV that indicated there was a bug with the uploading of LUA files in 1.1.1362, but that they hadn’t had any time to work on a new firmware because they were focused on the UI5 firmware, I decided to just try and upgrade my Vera2 to the latest UI5 firmware and start from the latest & greatest. What a mess. I goto MiOS, follow the instructions, and it appears to be upgrading to the the latest UI5 firmware. When the upgrade is complete, I startup a new session to access my Vera2, and all I see is the same UI4, and then immediately the Advanced…Firmware window pops up (see attached) indicating that I’m still running 1.1.1362, with a message of “Invalid Platform.”

I’m about ready to give up. Why is something that should seem so straight-forward nothing but a series of backwards steps? I’m not a noob here - I’ve been working with Vera for almost three years now. But I just cannot get my Vera2 up and running. I’m at a loss.

i tried everything

actually i am a networking guy and i have concluded that it is absolutely not from the network it is a vera2 problem

there is a problem :frowning: