"The Home Remote" dashboard app demo video

Thanks!
Do you have some information with a button with on the bulb On and Off please?

Not off the top of my head no. I would have to look in the Home Remote Designer to remember how they worked.

Maybe I should just share all my tile templates.

Old thread here about it

`Thanks again will take a look at that.

For anyone in this market who wants to avoid the high learning curve of Home Remote, be sure to check out the dashboard feature of Multi-System Reactor (MSR) which is still in development by @rigpapa.

I am going to post my tile and details template files for some lighting.

This is the first one for a Bulb icon with Dimmer and a simple Dimmer details page.

Tile:

image image

Details:

Bulb-Dimmer.zip (69.2 KB)

Lamp Dimmer Tile with RGBW details:

Tile:

image image

Details:

RGB Colour Wheel

White Temperature

Lamp-Dimmer-RGBW.zip (89.2 KB)

Bulb Switch (NO Dimmer)

Tile:

image image

Details:

Bulb-No-Dimmer.zip (201.9 KB)

That should be enough to get you started and to see how those tiles work and are setup.

Yes that may well turn out to be a much easier option for users in the future, if they are using Multi-System Reactor logic engine integrated with their Vera controller.

Currently the webpage based dashboard is barebones and very basic, but Patrick has big plans for it I believe in the future.

1 Like

Here’s another one a Switch:

Tile:

image image

Details:

Switch.zip (134.3 KB)

I’ve updated my Home Remote icon pack and added various weather icons to match the devices available on the new Multi-Provider Weather Station plugin by @reneboer

These are screen shots of all the current icons:

1 Like

Seems by default these are the only Weather plugin device types, that Home Remote designer supports natively and will import:

For the other Weather plugin device types such as:

Wind
Precipitation
Visibility
Pressure
Air Quality
Ozone

I will either need to try and create my own devices in the Home Remote designer or speak to @bill_v about maybe adding support for these types of devices?

Here is how the Weather plugin devices look in the Vera UI7 web GUI.

This is the MSW-Wind device in the SDATA Output stream

{ "name": "MSW-Wind", "altid": "MSWW709", "id": 715, "category": 12, "subcategory": 0, "room": 9, "parent": 709, "light": "9.3", "configured": "0" }

I know from past experience “light” is related to a Generic IO Sensor type device.

Looking at the MSW-Wind device in the Vera web GUI, it has these properties which I believe relate directly to the Multi-Provider Weather Station plugin.

device_type = urn:schemas-rboer-com:device:WeatherMetric:1
device_file = D_MsWeatherMetric.xml
device_json = D_MsWeatherMetric.json

I copied an existing “Generic IO Sensor” device in the Home Remote designer and modified it to have the same device ID number as the MSW-Wind device in Vera.

And made sure it had a “light” attribute.

This works I now have the Wind “Speed” on a tile in Home Remote.

However seems the “Gust” and “Bearing” data is not outputted to Vera’s SDATA stream

@reneboer You would have to look at the state variables in the S_MsWeather.xml file I think.

This is how the other Weather plugin devices look in the SDATA Output stream:

Precipitation:

{ "name": "MSW-Precipitation", "altid": "MSWR709", "id": 712, "category": 12, "subcategory": 0, "room": 9, "parent": 709, "light": "0", "configured": "0" }

Pressure:

{ "name": "MSW-Pressure", "altid": "MSWP709", "id": 711, "category": 12, "subcategory": 0, "room": 9, "parent": 709, "light": "1020", "configured": "0" }

Ozone:

{ "name": "MSW-Ozone", "altid": "MSWO709", "id": 719, "category": 12, "subcategory": 0, "room": 9, "parent": 709, "light": "90.12", "configured": "0" }

Air Quality:

{ "name": "MSW-Air Quality", "altid": "MSWQ709", "id": 718, "category": 12, "subcategory": 0, "room": 9, "parent": 709, "light": "2", "configured": "0" }

Air Quality Values:

{ "name": "MSW-Air Quality valu", "altid": "MSWX709", "id": 717, "category": 12, "subcategory": 0, "room": 9, "parent": 709, "light": "199", "configured": "0" }

They all just have a single state variable of “light” which isn’t ideal for getting all this weather data in to tiles in the Home Remote dashboard app.

IF these devices in Vera have more than one variable / data point.

For example Air Quality Values is only outputting the “CO” value which is currently “199”

As this is what we see in the SDATA:

“light”: “199”

The other values for whatever reason are not passed to Vera’s SDATA Output stream data.

This is the Weather plugin’s parent device in the SDATA output stream.

{ "name": "Multi Weather Statio", "altid": "", "id": 709, "category": 25, "subcategory": -1, "room": 9, "parent": 0, "ProviderName": "OpenWeather", "CurrentPressure": "1020", "CurrentPrecipIntensity": "0", "CurrentHumidity": "67", "Icon": "28", "CurrentConditions": "broken clouds", "CurrentWindSpeed": "9.3", "CurrentWindBearing": "220", "CurrentVisibility": "10000", "CurrentCloudCover": "75", "CurrentOzone": "90.12", "CurrentAirQuality": "2", "CurrentNO": "0.56", "CurrentCO": "199", "TodayHumidity": "79", "TodayMinTemp": "10.1", "TodayConditions": "light rain", "TodayWindBearing": "234", "TodayCloudCover": "100", "TodayLowTemp": "10.1", "TodayIcon": "44", "TodayPrecipType": "rain", "TodayPressure": "1020", "TodayDewPoint": "10.3", "TodayWindSpeed": "7", "TodayHighTemp": "13.7", "TodayuvIndex": "2.45", "TomorrowMaxTemp": "17.9", "TomorrowHumidity": "40", "TomorrowMinTemp": "5.6", "TomorrowConditions": "few clouds", "TomorrowWindBearing": "226", "TomorrowCloudCover": "14", "TomorrowLowTemp": "11.2", "TomorrowIcon": "34", "TomorrowPressure": "1026", "TomorrowDewPoint": "3.3", "TomorrowWindSpeed": "4", "TomorrowHighTemp": "16.8", "TomorrowuvIndex": "3.42", "commFailure": "0", "configured": "0", "CurrentApparentTemperature": "9.6", "CurrentDewPoint": "9.9", "CurrentuvIndex": "1.96", "LastUpdate": "1617024660", "CurrentTemperature": "16", "CurrentNO2": "2.53", "CurrentPM25": "1.16", "CurrentPM10": "1.57", "CurrentSO2": "2.09", "CurrentNH3": "1.98", "TodayMaxTemp": "16" }

Looks like most values can be seen here, so if I want extra data points on my tiles in the Home Remote dashboard, I will have to pull them from the parent device instead if possible and not the child devices.

Somethings are missing however, there is no Wind Gust data, but Wind Bearing is present.

These are the tiles I have setup so far with just the data that’s coming from the child devices themselves:

EDIT:

It is possible to construct a device in the Home Remote Designer that represents the parent Weather plugin device.

Using all these attributes of the parent device (found in SDATA output)

CurrentPrecipType
CurrentSunrise
CurrentPressure
CurrentPrecipIntensity
CurrentHumidity
CurrentConditions
CurrentWindSpeed
CurrentWindBearing
CurrentVisibility
CurrentCloudCover
CurrentOzone
CurrentAirQuality
CurrentNO
CurrentCO
TodayHumidity
TodayMinTemp
TodayConditions
TodayWindBearing
TodayCloudCover
TodayLowTemp
TodayPrecipType
TodayPressure
TodayDewPoint
TodayWindSpeed
TodayHighTemp
TodayuvIndex
TomorrowMaxTemp
TomorrowHumidity
TomorrowMinTemp
TomorrowConditions
TomorrowWindBearing
TomorrowCloudCover
TomorrowLowTemp
TomorrowPressure
TomorrowDewPoint
TomorrowWindSpeed
TomorrowHighTemp
TomorrowuvIndex
CurrentApparentTemperature
CurrentDewPoint
CurrentuvIndex
LastUpdate
CurrentTemperature
CurrentNO2
CurrentPM25
CurrentPM10
CurrentSO2
CurrentNH3
TodayMaxTemp

So then in theory you can add any of these values to any tiles using the binding of:

@Device.AttributeName

For example:

@Device.CurrentConditions

I used this binding on the text label and now my new tile shows the “Current Conditions” etc.

I’m surprised to see none of them returning:
Sunrise/Sunset
Sun Angle
Sun Transit
Moonrise/Moonset
Moon Phase
Moon Transit

I don’t think Open Weather Map returns those. Which weather provider are you using?

Most providers include sunrise/sunset so I’ll add those in the next release. Do note that it does not only depend on the weather provider used, but also on the country/location witch fields are available.

Cheers Rene

1 Like

I was speaking a bit tongue-in-cheek about how MSR got modified recently to include many of those parameters. Sun and Moon calculations are not traditionally included in any weather-specific service, but you may recall someone asking for them at SHC.

What I’m going to do for the next release 4.1.5 is automatically assign the “IlluminanceMeasurement” capability to these devices. That capability reads the “light” shortcode so it will work for these generic weather sensors. And since it’s using a standard Capability it’ll also be able to use the stock tile templates that are bundled with the app. That means there will be no HR Designer requirement to see the status of these devices. That should make it easier for some users.

2 Likes