Tell us which integrations you want us to make for the EZLO PLATFORM please

Hello @cw-kid

Thank you, we received the integration request.

1 Like

Yes, both of these products are discontinued; however, I can find no other options for a security keypad.
The Vision device may just work anyway since it is essentially a relay.

Itā€™s worth trying it. I doubt those will be integrated since they are discontinued. It seems not many manufacturers, if any, are making Z-Wave or ZigBee security keypads.

I added an integration request for Stelpro Ki Thermostat STZW402+ in May:

https://jira.mios.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/72/ECS-635

Important function: Outdoor Temperature Display. Ezlo integration needed to enable Outdoor Temperature Display allowing a user to select another physical Z-Wave temperature sensor already on userā€™s system to use that sensor temperature value for Outdoor Temperature Display on the thermostat. Currently, on Vera, only temperature from a virtual online sensor is supported to be used for Outdoor Temperature Display on the thermostat. Needs an ability to select an actual physical Z-Wave temperature sensor. This functionality is only achievable on Vera with LUA programming. Please integrate it into Ezlo so that no programming by user is needed.

Please have it integrate with Home Assistant in the same way the current Vera controllers do now.

I can see it is in the integrations queue. It may take awhile, but we will get there eventually :slight_smile:

I donā€™t see it in the list of the first post on this thread, so I suggest you add it via the feature and bug tracker here on the page so it reaches the dev teams in charge directly:

I strongly believe that a device being ā€œdiscontinuedā€ (that is, no longer sold or actively supported) should in no way discourage its integration with Ezlo controllers. That decision, IMHO, ought to be based instead on its popularity among current users, which is all that this thread seeks to establish.

For those legacy devices that had already been integrated and/or used successfully on the Vera platform, I (perhaps naively) imagine that porting that implementation over to Ezlo ought to be childā€™s play. Iā€™d take that assertion one step further by declaring that Ezlo hubs - right out of the box, as a baseline - should recognize and include every device formerly working with Vera.

That includes USB-connected Insteon PLMs, known-working IP cameras, WiFi thermostats, and other esoterica. If MCV sold/endorsed/developed for it, so should Ezlo (without us having to ask).

Good morning,

I understand the main issue affecting the integration of legacy products is the difficulty acquiring them, in order to test the product and integrate it, as some of them might not be sold anymore, Also, some of those devices might have technology that is outdated for the industry, making the integration harder.

Regards,

Thatā€™s an interesting point, and I can see that making things difficult. Since as I understand it, integrations are supposed to ā€˜just be dataā€™ and be released out of band of firmware updates, is it possible to document them in a way that the community can provide integrations? Other platforms have this, it seems like Ezlo should allow the community to define integrations for devices that Ezlo either canā€™t or wonā€™t provide them.

I think that is an interesting suggestion and will let the right personnel know about it. I also suggest putting a feature request.

Regards,

1 Like

Can we get the AD2USB plug-in ported to EZLO?

J

1 Like

Hi Jack,

You can create the request using the feature and bug tracker toward the top of the community forum front page:

Thatā€™s the only way for integration and feature requests to reach directly the teams in charge.

Cheers!

Hi @Leandro , would you mind giving an update on ECS-503, please? I canā€™t seem to get access to the Jira board. want to know if thereā€™s any progress for control4 integration?
Thank you!

Hi Ashkan, I just checked and it is assigned, but currently blocked by 7 other developments that are in progress:

In order to be able to check the status of the request yourself, you need to create a Jira account here:
https://jira.mios.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/72/user/signup

Cheers!

Thank you, so that means itā€™s still in progress. which is good! Control4 was the main reason I got Vera cause I wanted to connect my Shades (Z-wave) to vera and have them in my Control4 interface too. Iā€™ll sit tight! :slight_smile:
also, I do have an account, but when I try to access it it redirects me to the main page:

I think I donā€™t have access to the board itself.

Thanks anyways, is there an option to get notified of the progress? perhaps being a watcher on the task in jira?

Thatā€™s odd. Please try it with this link after making sure you logged in with your Jira credentials:

https://jira.mios.com/browse/ECS-503

Let us know here if you get to access, if you do, you should be able to become a watcher of the issue by clicking this option on the right-side panel:

Same result, point me to the Ezlo Community Feature Request and Bug Tracker page. :frowning:
even if I go to requests and select any request opened by any requester, it shows me nothing. Iā€™m pretty sure I donā€™t have access to the board.

Alright, I just added you manually to the ECS project with the email address you use here in the community:

Please give it another try now:
https://jira.mios.com/browse/ECS-503

Cheers!

1 Like

So, Ezlo promises device integration within 90 days on ezlo.com hub page:

Guaranteed to work with any Z-Wave or Zigbee device

Donā€™t see the device you want? Let us know and weā€™ll add it within 90 days.*

I sent a request to integrate Zooz ZEN77 700 Series S2 Dimmer about 6 months ago, (ECS-474), but itā€™s still not integrated. And no ETA.

Seriously? Half a year to integrate a simple dimmer?

And I was somehow mislead to believe that any certified 700 series device is automatically fully functional with Ezlo. I though thatā€™s the whole point of the new 700 series, you just scan qr code and itā€™s included and fully working.

Lots of false promised. Very few devices are really fully working as advertised.

1 Like

Hello @echino,
We truly apologize for the delay in the integration request. Even though there is a standard for Z-Wave devices, the changes made by the manufacturer on their products, among other things, can make the integration harder to achieve than usual. The development team is still working on the case. In the meantime, we kindly invite you to try the ā€œGeneric Z-wave deviceā€ option to pair this device.
Kind regards!