Tasker / Llama / NFC Integration

The easiest way to utilize AutHomationHD within Tasker is by using the AutoShortcut plugin for Tasker. It provides direct access to the GUI for selecting home screen shortcuts. No URLs or device numbers to manage.

Play Store link here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joaomgcd.autoshortcut

Garrett, consider adding this information to the top post in this thread. This plugin makes automating with Tasker, and NFC Task Launcher, exponentially easier.

Could you please elaborate on this? For example, what do you mean by “home screen”?

He is referring to the home screen shortcuts that can be created. For example you can create a shortcut to unlock a door, turn on a light, etc. This is found in the widget section of android.

• Garrett

Has anyone been able to get tasker to respond to vera alerts messages? I have set up everything as described to no avail.

This thread is about authomation and tasker…for Vera alerts questions try asking in the Vera alerts section of the forum

S-F.
Mine is working fine.
Did you switch on the accessibility on and use * in front and back of word in tasker (otherwise you need to split the message and thats another story).

<TaskerData sr="" dvi="1" tv="4.0u2m"> <Profile sr="prof47" ve="2"> <cdate>1361887877234</cdate> <edate>1368871313668</edate> <id>47</id> <mid0>6</mid0> <nme>Vera</nme> <Event sr="con0" ve="2"> <code>461</code> <App sr="arg0"> <appClass>com.rtsservices.veraalerts.activities.Notifications</appClass> <appPkg>com.rtsservices.veraalerts</appPkg> <label>Vera Alerts</label> </App> <Str sr="arg1" ve="3"/> </Event> </Profile> <Task sr="task6"> <cdate>1368078425648</cdate> <edate>1368868628086</edate> <id>6</id> <nme>Vera Task</nme> <Action sr="act0" ve="3"> <code>310</code> <lhs>%NTITLE</lhs> <op>1</op> <rhs>*unmute*</rhs> <Int sr="arg0" val="2"/> </Action> </Task> </TaskerData>

baxy_AU.
Is there any meaning to write in a thread when you have nothing to say about the subject and the ongoing discussion?

Baxy_au is correct. I’m mobile right now but this thread has gone off topic and I’ll attempt to more it into the veralerts section later. This threads meant for tasker integration with my app.

• Garrett

[quote=“Ric”]S-F.
Mine is working fine.
Did you switch on the accessibility on and use * in front and back of word in tasker (otherwise you need to split the message and thats another story).

<TaskerData sr="" dvi="1" tv="4.0u2m"> <Profile sr="prof47" ve="2"> <cdate>1361887877234</cdate> <edate>1368871313668</edate> <id>47</id> <mid0>6</mid0> <nme>Vera</nme> <Event sr="con0" ve="2"> <code>461</code> <App sr="arg0"> <appClass>com.rtsservices.veraalerts.activities.Notifications</appClass> <appPkg>com.rtsservices.veraalerts</appPkg> <label>Vera Alerts</label> </App> <Str sr="arg1" ve="3"/> </Event> </Profile> <Task sr="task6"> <cdate>1368078425648</cdate> <edate>1368868628086</edate> <id>6</id> <nme>Vera Task</nme> <Action sr="act0" ve="3"> <code>310</code> <lhs>%NTITLE</lhs> <op>1</op> <rhs>*unmute*</rhs> <Int sr="arg0" val="2"/> </Action> </Task> </TaskerData>

baxy_AU.
Is there any meaning to write in a thread when you have nothing to say about the subject and the ongoing discussion?[/quote]
My “meaning” was to suggest asking (and looking) in the appropriate place if you want an informed answer to your problem

Hi All

How secure are nfcs? Let’s assume I have done automation - unlock my main door using nfc. Now its just my phone which can run that scne or scene or who so ever have a nfc enabled phone can do it. If anybody who has nfc enabled phone is able to do it then how can I make it more secure.

Only if they have AutHomation connected to your Vera. They’d need you user name, password, etc.

The nfc tag only stores the intent (special url) to tell my app what to do. You would need my app installed and configured for your vera. All credentials are handled in the app.

• Garrett

Just wanted to add another dimension of tasker integration. If you need tasker to read the current status of a device on your Vera network and have tasker respond accordingly, this can be done by sending a JSON request to vera. You can use the following steps:

1. Create a new profile in Tasker (i.e. NFC tag scanned, GPS location reached, bluetooth connected, widget pushed, whatever you want to use as a trigger).
  2. In tasker, create a new matching task for your new profile.
  3. Add Action (click the + sign) → Net → HTTP Get
  4. Under the Server:Port field, add in the URL for your device status request:

[ul][li]Example to retrieve the status of a DSC Alarm: https://fwd5.mios.com/USERNAME/PASSWORD/VERA_SERIAL/data_request?id=variableget&DeviceNum=DEVICEID&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:AlarmPartition2&Variable=DetailedArmMode[/li]
[li]The example above forwards through the MCV servers and requests the status of an alarm system. It’s a good idea to test the URL is working in your browser as expected before proceeding. In this case, it should show ready, exitdelay, or armed, etc.[/li]
[li]USERNAME/PASSWORD: Vera username/password[/li]
[li][VERA_SERIAL]: Vera serial found in UI5 under account → tech support tab[/li]
[li][DEVICE_ID]: Vera Device ID for the item you want to view status on. Found under the advanced tab of each individual vera device.
[/li]
[li]Make sure to include the appropriate serviceid and the variable you want information on for each device. You can find serviceid information by visiting the following URL: http://LOCAL_VERA_IP:3480/data_request?id=status&output_format=xml&DeviceNum=DEVICE_ID[/li][/ul]

1. Under mime type, select “text/plain”
  2. The response from this HTTP request is automatically exposed to tasker as “%HTTPD”
  3. You can write tasks based on the state of the %HTTPD variable. In my case, this example task polls vera and check the status of the alarm before performing any actions. For instance, if it’s “ARMED,” tasker will disarm the alarm and include a verbal confirmation. If it’s “READY,” tasker will report accordingly and ask me if i want to arm the house.

A few caveats and suggestions:

[ul][li]Since your vera login is passed through the URL, there are high security risks. Make sure you understand this before proceeding. If absolutely necessary, it would be a good idea to at least create restricted logins for this purpose (I’m not positive, but I believe this method is how forwarding is handled by most mobile Vera apps?).[/li]
[li]If you can, a better method would be to use a VPN into your vera site location and use the local URL command instead[/li]
[li]Here is the equivalent local URL for the above JSON query: http://LOCAL_VERA_IP:3480/data_request?id=variableget&DeviceNum=DEVICEID&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:AlarmPartition2&Variable=DetailedArmMode[/li]
[li]If you are using if/case statements to process the command, don’t forget to add an exit condition in case you cannot poll vera for any reason.[/li][/ul]

I’m totally new to this but loving the great features provided, thank you. I am running a Note 2 with Authomation HD and just downloaded Tasker. I’m trying to set up a location based activity to run a Vera scene when I leave home, and another when I arrive. Ideally I’d like to detect either location or loss of my wifi signal to trigger it, whichever is better for my battery. I note from reading others posts that there was some sort of invert switch for locations in Tasker, but I can’t find it in the version I downloaded last night. Could someone be kind enough to outline the steps please? I’ve made it work using GPS for arriving home, but if there is no opposite of this then I will need multiple activities depending which way I turn out of my front gate!

Many thanks, R.

For the Home/Away stuff I have one profile in Tasker with an exit scene and I use GPS location for it. Note 2 user here too! I always have GPS turned on since the battery on this phone isn’t phased by a day with it turned on. Loss of WiFi isn’t as good as GPS because I can loose connection (albeit rarely) in my yard. I have he phone turn WiFi on when I get home (or work, or friends houses and so on) and it turns it off and locks my door when I leave. The catch is that the GPS coordinates aren’t updated constantly unless you are actively using a location tool such as a navigation app so there is usually a delay on the order of 10 seconds to two minutes. I have it set so it turns the WiFi on 2 minutes after getting home because several times I had the connection switch as I was trying to use an NFC tag to open my door and it failed. I have a tag on the side of my house that I can touch my phone to as I walk to the door to unlock a Schlage lock for me bypassing the need to enter my code. Also if you make the radius of your location too small it can pose problems for the above reason of delays in updating location.

Thanks S-F for the advice, I will do this the same way I think. However, my question is sort of the opposite - how do I detect that I am no longer at a location, as in leaving, in Tasker? Right now I have it set so that when I reach my home location (200m radius) my “Alarm Off” scene runs via Authomation/Vera3, and I plan to add to that for my Schlage door lock (do we live in the same house?!) and the aircon as well. I’m also looking to control my hot water cylinder so that it isn’t keeping the water too hot while I’m at work. So, the question is, how do I make Tasker trigger on “no longer at this location” rather than “now arriving at this location”?

Many thanks.

Like I said, I have an “Exit Scene” for my Home profile which locks the door and turns the WiFi off on the phone.

Would anyone like to comment on this? I developed a personal website which monitors everything in the house as reported by vera with realtime changes. Upon each change, vera sends a nugget to the website and there are no security issues (no getting into vera).

But, of course, now I would like to cause changes too. Trying to figure the best way to communicate back to vera. I suppose using back-end server calls to vera will keep things less exposed but am wondering about the username/password being in the http command.

How DO the apps do it?

Thanks for any help and ideas!!

Https is used when calling the mios forward servers. When passed the user name and password via https, anything after fwdX.mios.com/ is encrypted.

• Garrett

Garrett - Yes, I just saw the https in the data_request command above. Thanks for the reply.

Would you know what the command is to cause a change (set a variable, call a function)? Maybe an example https ?

Thanks again for everyone’s help!!!

Scott

Sorry S-F I realize you have an exit scene but I don’t know what you mean by that! I can have scenes in MIOS and in Tasker, although I can’t for the life of me see what to do with Tasker ones, they appear more visual than anything else as far as I can see. So I too have an exit scene on MIOS, which sets the sensors to armed, locks the door, turns off the lights etc. That’s all good, what I don’t get is how Tasker notices that I have left my home location so that I can tell it how to get Authomation to execute the scene on my Vera3/MIOS. I read elsewhere on the forums that in an older version of Tasker the location function had an invert tick box which meant something like “when not at this location”. I can’t find that in the latest version of Tasker, so I’m asking how can I tell it to notice that I’ve left home? All I can see right now is to set three new locations on the East, North and South routes out of my front gate so that when I hit any of them the MIOS scene is executed, but that doesn’t feel very clever to me. It’s just that one thing I’m stuck on, how to instruct Tasker to do something when I leave a location rather than arrive at it. Thanks again.