Tasker / Llama / NFC Integration

Custom Intents to work with Tasker, Llama and NFC Tags:

For an always updated list see this link: http://www.authomation.net/documentation/intent-usage

• On / Off Binary Switch & Dimmable Light - authomation://device/VeraID/deviceID/[on|off]
    Example: To turn on binary light for device 8
    authomation://device/3123456/8/on

• Dim Dimmable Light - authomation://device/VeraID/deviceID/dim/75
    Example: To dim dimmable light for device 8 to 75%
    authomation://device/3123456/8/dim/75

• Lock / Unlock Locks - authomation://device/VeraID/deviceID/[lock|unlock]
    Example: To unlock door for lock device 23
    authomation://device/3123456/23/unlock

• Arm / Bypass Security Sensors - authomation://device/VeraID/deviceID/[arm|bypass]
    Example: To set security sensor device 10 to bypass
    authomation://device/3123456/10/bypass

• Toggle - authomation://device/VeraID/deviceID/toggle
    Example: To toggle binary light device 8
    authomation://device/3123456/8/toggle

• Thermostat set point - authomation://device/VeraID/deviceID/[setPointCool|setPointHeat]/77
    Example: To set thermostat device 17 cool setpoint to 77
    authomation://device/3123456/17/setPointCool/77

• Thermostat fan mode - authomation://device/VeraID/deviceID/[ContinuousOn|Auto]
    Exmaple: To set thermostat device 17 fan to Auto
    authomation://device/3123456/17/fanmode/Auto

• Thermostat mode - authomation://device/VeraID/deviceID/[Off|CoolOn|HeatOn|AutoChangeOver]
    Example: To set thermostat device 17 to heating mode
    authomation://device/3123456/17/mode/HeatOn

• Scene - authomation://scene/VeraID/sceneID
    Example: To run scene 33
    authomation://scene/3123456/33

• Alarm Panel - authomation://device/VeraID/deviceID/alarm/[arm | disarm]/pinCode
    Example: To disarm alarm panel with device id of 31
    authomation://device/3123456/31/alarm/disarm/1234

• AV - authomation://device/VeraID/deviceID/av/[command]
    Commands: [play | pause | stop | next | previous | rewind | fastforward | repeat | shuffle | vol | mute]
    Example:
    To set av with device id of 83 to play
    authomation://device/3123456/83/av/play

To set av with device id of 83 to volume of 55 percent
    authomation://device/3123456/83/av/vol/55

To set av with device id of 83 to mute on or off
    Mute On:
    authomation://device/3123456/83/av/mute/1

Mute Off:
    authomation://device/3123456/83/av/mute/0

Change VeraID to the id of your vera unit and deviceID to the ID of the device.

NFC Task Launcher App Instructions:

1. Launch NFC Task Launcher
  2. Click the plus sign at the top right corner of the app.
  3. Select either “New Task” or “New Switch” (if you want to toggle between actions).
  4. Enter a tag name (can be anything you want to help identify the tag action).
  5. Press the “Add actions” button.
  6. Select “Applications & Shortcuts”
  7. Select “URL” and click next.
  8. Enter the authomation uri syntax. For a scene it would be authomation://scene/1234567/20
    Where 1234567 is the vera unit id and 20 is the scene number to run.
  9. Press OK when done entering the uri in the dialog box.
  10. Click on the “Save & Write” tag at the top right hand corner.
  11. In the options section, uncheck write tag name. (This will free up some data to be written to the tag)
  12. Place tag on the bottom of your phone and let the tag writer write to the tag.
  13. Once the tag is written, you should be good to go and the tag should function as it should.
  • Garrett

I thought I’d make a guide on how to use AuthomationHD with Tasker. There are alternatives to Tasker, but I’ve been using Tasker for years and I just like it. The following instructions were written with a newbie like me in mind. So without further ado, here we go.

There’s a tiny bit of information you need to get up front. First do this:

[ol][li]Go to your dashboard and find the device or scene you want to manipulate[/li]
[li]For devices, click on the wrench, then the settings tab and note the “Device #” at the top[/li]
[li]For scenes, click on the wrench, and the note the “scene no.” at the top of the entire page[/li]
[li]Move on to your phone/tablet for the rest of the instructions…[/li][/ol]

Setting up Tasker to work with Authomation is very simple. Here are the instructions:

[ol][li]Open the Tasker app[/li]
[li]Go to the Tasks tab by tapping it at the top[/li]
[li]Press the “+” button at the bottom in the middle[/li]
[li]Name your new task (“Turn On Office Lamp” for example), and press the check mark[/li]
[li]Press the blue “+” button[/li]
[li]Select “Misc”[/li]
[li]Select “Send Intent”[/li]
[li]In the first text box under “Action,” enter the following without quotes: “android.intent.action.VIEW”[/li]
[li]Further down the screen there’s a text box for “Data,” where you enter the string that will perform the action you want. For our example, we’ll be turning a light on. [for a full list of the syntax for performing different actions, see the top of this thread, but for now I’ve repeated the information below if Garrett doesn’t mind]
To turn on the light on my desk, I enter the following without quotes: “authomation://device/31234567/36/on”[/li]
[li]Next, scroll to the bottom of this window and press the dropdown under “Target” and select “Activity”[/li]
[li]Press the green check mark[/li]
[li]Press the green check mark again[/li][/ol]

You’re done! To test your new task, press it, then press the blue play button at the bottom-right of the window. The action should be performed. If it isn’t, post to this thread and we’ll see what’s wrong. New users (like me) should note that the “device #” above is NOT the “ID” number you see on a device’s settings page. That’s a different number. You want the number in bold on that same screen.

From here, you can use this task like you’d use any other task in Tasker. On the Profiles tab you can set any conditions you can think of to activate your new tasks. You could set your lights to come on when your home wifi is detected. Stuff like that.

Now, lets do something else neat with this new task. Lets make shortcuts on your home screen!

The following instructions are for the stock launcher. I use Apex Pro, which makes this a little easier.

[ol][li]Open the app/widget tray[/li]
[li]Go to the widget section, scroll to the “T’s”[/li]
[li]Find either “Task” or “Task Cut” - either one is fine, they both do the same thing - and add it to your home screen where you want it[/li]
[li]Choose the task we made above[/li]
[li]You can edit your task here, but all it really requires is that you choose an icon of some sort for your new shortcut. To do this, click on the icon on the bottom-right of the dark blue area[/li]
[li]When you’re ready, press the green check button and you’re done![/li][/ol]

You should now have an icon on your home screen that will execute any device or scene in your AuthomationHD app. You could create an entire folder filled with these shortcuts to various tasks.

Using Tasker, you could really make your own scenes completely separately from Vera, though they’d only be on your phone. Of course, you can export Tasker tasks and import them into other instances of Tasker.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this stuff. I’m not a Tasker expert and I’m FAR from a Vera/AuthomationHD expert, that’s for sure. I’m just someone who loves using whatever tool he can to accomplish the results he wants :smiley: That said, many thanks to Garrett for the amazing work he’s done with AuthomationHD. That’s what made any of this possible, and he rocks.

[quote=“garrettwp, post:1, topic:172381”]Custom Intents to work with Tasker, Llama and NFC Tags:

• On / Off Binary Switch & Dimmable Light - authomation://device/VeraID/deviceID/[on|off]
    Example: To turn on binary light for device 8
    authomation://device/3123456/8/on

• Dim Dimmable Light - authomation://device/VeraID/deviceID/dim/75
    Example: To dim dimmable light for device 8 to 75%
    authomation://device/3123456/8/dim/75

• Lock / Unlock Locks - authomation://device/VeraID/deviceID/[lock|unlock]
    Example: To unlock door for lock device 23
    authomation://device/3123456/23/unlock

• Arm / Bypass Security Sensors - authomation://device/VeraID/deviceID/[arm|bypass]
    Example: To set security sensor device 10 to bypass
    authomation://device/3123456/10/bypass

• Toggle - authomation://device/VeraID/deviceID/toggle
    Example: To toggle binary light device 8
    authomation://device/3123456/8/toggle

• Thermostat set point - authomation://device/VeraID/deviceID/[setPointCool|setPointHeat]/77
    Example: To set thermostat device 17 cool setpoint to 77
    authomation://device/3123456/17/setPointCool/77

• Thermostat fan mode - authomation://device/VeraID/deviceID/[ContinuousOn|Auto]
    Exmaple: To set thermostat device 17 fan to Auto
    authomation://device/3123456/17/fanmode/Auto

• Thermostat mode - authomation://device/VeraID/deviceID/[Off|CoolOn|HeatOn|AutoChangeOver]
    Example: To set thermostat device 17 to heating mode
    authomation://device/3123456/17/mode/HeatOn

• Scene - authomation://scene/VeraID/sceneID
    Example: To run scene 33
    authomation://scene/3123456/33

Change VeraID to the id of your vera unit and deviceID to the ID of the device.[/quote]

With Tasker, Does it has to be a certain version? I am using 1.2.1u2 and it has no Send Intent … So I use Action Intent …
then follow Dignan17 instruction to the letter and when click the blue play button, Nothing happen.

I tried so many time … And decided to try Llama … and it work fine using the same action and data command … so I know that the Vera ID and Device ID is correct.

Is there a reason you’re using that version? The one on my phone is 1.3.3u1m and that’s what I get from Play.

I’ve tried using the syntax shown in the screenshots in this post http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,11517.msg84232.html#msg84232 as well as the syntax listed above, but I’m having no luck getting llama to work with these intents. Any idea what I’m doing wrong? Documentation on llama intents seems thin on the ground from my searching.

Doh, sorry. Just realised this functionality is still only in the 2.1 beta.

is it possible to use tasker to

when you come home, execute scene to unlock door and turn on lights
When you leave home, excute scene to lock door and turn off lights

I did create a profile with wifi connected and add a task to execute a scene …
but how do you create one for leaving home (i.e. wifi disconnected, etc) to execute a different scene?

[quote=“bigmonkey70, post:7, topic:173172”]is it possible to use tasker to

when you come home, execute scene to unlock door and turn on lights
When you leave home, excute scene to lock door and turn off lights

I did create a profile with wifi connected and add a task to execute a scene …
but how do you create one for leaving home (i.e. wifi disconnected, etc) to execute a different scene?[/quote]
It’s a little unintuitive, but I’m pretty sure you still go with “WiFi connected,” but you check the “Invert” checkbox. I’m not positive as I haven’t tied it, but I think that’ll get you what you want.

As I’m sure that others around here will say, Llama might be better for this type of use, but Tasker should be fully capable of it too.

Tried this with MFC Task Launcher and could not get it to work with my Nexus 4. I tried a number of times with different devices just to achieve an on commend and no luck. Copied syntax directly from we page and substituted my Vera ID and Device # and no luck. Any ideas?

I am using a Nexus 4 on JB 4.2.1.

Chimpware,

Are you using the beta version or the one from the market? Only the tasker integration is available in the current betas that you can download from this forum.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:10, topic:173172”]Chimpware,

Are you using the beta version or the one from the market? Only the tasker integration is available in the current betas that you can download from this forum.

• Garrett[/quote]

Suppose I should have read things better…

Of course I am using the market non-Beta version ;D

Thanks.

Give the beta a try. It’s much better than the market version.

• Garrett

I am exploring NFC functionality and just downloaded NFC task launcher 4.2.3(198) and Tasker version 1.3.3u2m. and have been usingAuthomation 2.0.3.1 for quite some times.

I have followed the steps given in NFC task launcher and it did not work. the same goes to if I configure it in Tasker.

what am I going wrong here? so Tasker 2.1 beta version is needed? if this is the case it means I cant run directly in NFC task laucher without involve of Tasker?

and where can i get the beta version as I am not able to locate it anywhere.

thanks

The beta version is required as the app store version does not have this functionality. You can find the beta version in this sub-forum (AutHomation) at the top as it is marked as a sticky post.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,11517.0.html

• Garrett

Woodchild,

I moved this topic to the following:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,11517.270.html

• Garrett

Yep. I’ve now got Tasker setup to lock my door when I leave the house. It took hours of my time to get even this far.

Now on to fry bigger fish. Is there a way to control Tasker from Vera? For example it would be nice to have Vera turn the ringer on my phone off when I’m in bed.

I have Tasker informing Vera when i’m in bed.
Top floor wifi and charging = switching a virtuel switch in Vera and let pleg do the rest.

I guess you could use “Vera Alerts” and use different notifications for different profiles in Tasker.
For profile use:
Event>UI>Notification / select “Vera Alerts” and State>Variables>Variables Value / name %NTITLE / matches / and in Value use the same phrase you are sending from the “Vera Alerts” in Vera.

Is it possible to make AutHomation work as a plugin to tasker and maybe have feedback to tasker?

[quote=“Ric, post:17, topic:173172”]I have Tasker informing Vera when i’m in bed.
Top floor wifi and charging = switching a virtuel switch in Vera and let pleg do the rest.

I guess you could use “Vera Alerts” and use different notifications for different profiles in Tasker.
For profile use:
Event>UI>Notification / select “Vera Alerts” and State>Variables>Variables Value / name %NTITLE / matches / and in Value use the same phrase you are sending from the “Vera Alerts” in Vera.

Is it possible to make AutHomation work as a plugin to tasker and maybe have feedback to tasker?[/quote]

Since I do not use Tasker, this would not be high priority for me. My time is also very limited right now. Most of the controls are exposed via the intents provided in the thread for use with Tasker and Llama. It may require a little more work on your end, but should be enough for integration into these apps.

• Garrett

NFC Task Launcher was updated today and I think there is now an issue with how it works with AutHomation. Whenever I try to run a scene via an NFC tag NFC Task Launcher crashes.

EDIT:

It appears to be an issue with NFC Task Launcher and the developer has promised that there is a new version hitting the market soon which will address the issue.

I’m trying to use the binary switch intent to change a virtual switch, but it’s not working. I’m able to get the intents to change actual devices without issue, but no luck on my virtual switch. Is this a known limitation, or am I doing something wrong?