SysMon plugin

I’ve written a small plugin that exposes various system information variables such as memory and processor performance. There’s a version in the app store, but I’d highly recommend waiting for the next version to be approved by MCV as it makes a few changes and additions.

The following variables are provided -:

[ul][li]memoryTotal - total memory[/li]
[li]memoryFree - free memory[/li]
[li]memoryBuffers - memory buffers[/li]
[li]memoryCached - total memory cached by the system[/li]
[li]memoryUsed - total memory used[/li]
[li]memoryAvailable - total memory available for apps to use[/li]
[li]cpuLoad1 - average CPU load in the past 1 minute[/li]
[li]cpuLoad5 - average CPU load in the past 5 minutes[/li]
[li]cpuLoad15 - average CPU load in the past 15 minutes[/li]
[li]procRunning - number of processes waiting to run now[/li]
[li]procTotal - total number of processes currently running[/li]
[li]uptimeTotal - total number of seconds the system has been running since last reboot[/li]
[li]uptimeIdle - total number of seconds since start where the processor has been idle[/li][/ul]

Note that memory variables may not be what they seem - for a explanation, take a look at this site [url=http://www.linuxatemyram.com/]http://www.linuxatemyram.com/[/url].

There are 3 things you can configure - the period when different sets of data is sampled - SamplePeriodCPU, SamplePeriodMem, SamplePeriodUptime. These are the number of seconds between each update for the different data sets (proc variables are read at the same time as CPU variables).

Cheers
Chris

Cool, great work Chris.

Thanks Chris

Quick Question - Are there any plans to have ‘warning’ colours so we can see if Vera is running high or low on something ? also can actions/notifications be triggered of the back of those values too?

This looks like a great app - will definatly follow this - many thanks.

I too would be interested in notifications etc. as per @ParckerC

I hadn’t thought about this - I’m not completely sure how to do this in UI5 so I’d need to have a play.

Notifications are relatively easy (and sensible - good suggestion ;)) - I will add these in a future version.

Cheers
Chris

Here is TTL plugins which has been written by someone who escape from this forum.
It’s maybe what you try to do …

[Attachments removed by Administrator. Reason: [font=arial][size=13px]Post of unauthorized code on the forum.][/size][/font]

Hi,
Thanks - yes, I didn’t know about this, but from a quick look it is similar to what I’ve done… The SysMon plugin is just waiting MCV approval as I removed the previous version from the appStore to avoid confusion…

Cheers
Chris

Sorry to butt in. I have to say that please do not post other people’s work who are no longer on the forum. You are violating their request and do not have their permission to distribute their work. Please remove the files.

-Garrett

It’s moderator to do this if I make a violation of rules

This is not a place to argue. Many others will agree with me and I am sure you will be contacted by AP15e. He removed his plugins and code for a reason due to his departure of the forum. If you want to go this route, I have no issues going through MCV to have it removed.

• Garrett

I’ve reported both your posts with the “Report to moderator” function. I recommend everyone do the same, since it provides a formal request to MCV about the legal obligation to remove Copyrighted materials from their forum.

Anyway… back to the original reason for the post…

This plugin has been approved by MCV today, so it’s finally available for download :wink:

Chris

Chris,

My apologies for being off topic and stirring the pot.

• Garrett

Hi Garrett,
No problems - unfortunately, it had to be done…

Cheers
Chris

Chris,
Thanks for the great plugin!
It works fine on my Vera Lite on UI5.

One question, the system up time is not displayed (see screenshot).
Also - and I have no idea if that is possible - it would be great if the total RAM (not only the free RAM) would be displayed as well.

Thanks,
Flo

[quote=“frichter09, post:15, topic:174131”]Chris,
Thanks for the great plugin!
It works fine on my Vera Lite on UI5.

One question, the system up time is not displayed (see screenshot).
Also - and I have no idea if that is possible - it would be great if the total RAM (not only the free RAM) would be displayed as well.

Thanks,
Flo[/quote]
Hi,
These are available, I just didn’t put them on this tab - I just put the variables that are displayed in the dashboard (which has limited space). You can see all the variables, including total memory and uptime in the Advanced tab.

I’ll update the plugin though to also put them on the “SysMon” tab. Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers
Chris

Thanks Chris,
In the advanced tab I only see the “sampling time periods” which are set to 300 seconds.
But I don’t see any output.

Flo

[quote=“frichter09, post:17, topic:174131”]Thanks Chris,
In the advanced tab I only see the “sampling time periods” which are set to 300 seconds.
But I don’t see any output.

Flo[/quote]
Try reloading UI5 - sometimes UI5 needs to be prompted to reload >:(… They must be there for them to be displayed in the “SysMon” tab, so I suspect the reload will fix it…

Cheers
Chris

Yup,
There they are.
Such a rookie mistake! ;D
Thanks Chris! Would be great to see them in the SysMon Tab!

Great Plug In!
Flo

Yep - I’ve just put some in. I’ll update the app in a week or so to fix this and add some notifications (and see if there’s anything else that comes up between now and then :slight_smile: )

Cheers
Chris