SysMon plugin

@ Chris
Just want to say thanks for a great plug-in!!

It’s great to be able to see what resources are available on my V2 without being an expert in Linux, etc.

@Chris,
Looking forward to graphing my data, since my Vera reboots the underlying OpenWRT daily

I noticed that the code is using [tt]os.execute(“cat /proc/… > tmpfile”)[/tt] (etc).

Was there a problem in directly reading the “[tt]/proc/*[/tt]” virtual files with Lua’s [tt]io.open[/tt]? If you could get that working, you’d place less load on the system since it would all be done in-[Lua]-process (making the runQ shorter, for example)

Just my ignorance really :-[ I’m no expert in Linux and I just didn’t think it through… Anyway, I’ve just tried this, and it works fine. I’m planning on updating the plugin with a few things people have suggested next week, so it’ll be in the next release.

Thanks

Chris

Cool, thanks Chris!

This is great Chris! Thanks for the app.

There’s a new version waiting for MCV approval (for the past 3 or 4 days now!).

This version directly accesses the files - as @guessed suggested. It also adds notifications for the following events -:

[ul][li]Low available memory[/li]
[li]Luup has restarted[/li]
[li]Vera has restarted[/li][/ul]

I didn’t see a lot of point in putting in events for high CPU - unless it was over an extended duration (which I could probably do).

I’m happy to take other suggestions if anyone has any.

Chris

Seems to be approved.
Just installed v0.22. Thanks for the plug-in !

Chris, nice work AGAIN brother.

one feature request… can you add access to the Vera logs? Maybe a web page view?

[quote=“Thomasss, post:27, topic:174131”]Seems to be approved.
Just installed v0.22. Thanks for the plug-in ![/quote]
You’re welcome - however it’s V0.3 that I think it still waiting approval. 0.22 doesn’t have the notifications…

Cheers
Chris

[quote=“Aaron, post:28, topic:174131”]Chris, nice work AGAIN brother.

one feature request… can you add access to the Vera logs? Maybe a web page view?[/quote]
Thanks Aaron.

There is another plugin for log viewing - I’ve not installed it, but I think it’s by @RichardTSchaefer (apologies if I’ve got that wrong).

Chris

[quote=“Chris, post:30, topic:174131”][quote=“Aaron, post:28, topic:174131”]Chris, nice work AGAIN brother.

one feature request… can you add access to the Vera logs? Maybe a web page view?[/quote]
Thanks Aaron.

There is another plugin for log viewing - I’ve not installed it, but I think it’s by @RichardTSchaefer (apologies if I’ve got that wrong).

Chris[/quote]

I searched high & low but I did not find any plugin, but I did find this…
http://<vera’s IP>/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

For log viewer see:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,13246.0.html

Chris,
Just installed 0.3.
Looks and works great.
The up time time is in seconds, correct?
Flo

Thanks @Flo.

Yes, the uptimes are in seconds. I could also provide them in another format if it was useful to someone. I should add that I use the uptime to detect and fire the Vera/Lua restart notifications…

Cheers
Chris

[quote=“Brientim, post:32, topic:174131”]For log viewer see:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,13246.0.html[/quote]

thank you sir!

Chris, maybe you and a-lurker can combine efforts… I think having a log viewer in a “Sysmon” plugin makes perfect sense :slight_smile:

Just installed version 0.3. On a Vera Lite when should I get worried about available memory? I show Mem Available 38108 right now, I was thinking if it gets down to 10000 send a notification. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the great plugin, now I can use dataMine to log the logger.

Is anybody getting notifications? I not getting notifications for vera restarts, even though I activated the notification. Even worth when I activate a notification for “Luup Restarts”, then I am ending up in a constant luup reloading cycle…

Notifications are working fine for me with the default settings (ie 5 minute timers). I get the Luup/Vera restart notifications correctly detected…

Cheers
Chris

Notifications are working fine for me with the default settings (ie 5 minute timers). I get the Luup/Vera restart notifications correctly detected…

Cheers
Chris[/quote]

For me they are not working, but the same triggers for scenes are working. This basically solves the problem for me. I am now still wondering if I have a bigger problem concerning the notifications, since I am also having problems with events on your dataMine plugin.

I don’t think this is related to the events issue in dataMine - the dataMine issue is with reading the events from the server - this is creating events…

I should say that this is the first time I’ve written events into a plugin, so I’m more than willing to believe I’ve screwed something up (there’s a lot of links that are needed between all the plugin files to get it working!).

Just to confirm what I’ve got setup, so that there’s no terminology confusion. In the SysMon “notifications” tab, I have 3 notifications (low memory, luup restart and vera restart), and I get an email when either of these occur…

Cheers
Chris