Somfy RTS Awning Control - ZRTSI Zwave Module vs MyLink Wifi Module

I’ve scoured the community for postings regarding integration of blinds/awnings with Somfy RTS motors, and all the posts I’ve come across are rather old, so wanted to get some current feedback.

For anyone out there that may be controlling Somfy RTS motors through Vera (in my case, it would be a patio awning), what is your setup? Are you using the ZRTSI Zwave-to-RTS module? I’m about to purchase my awning, and I’ve specified a Somfy RTS motor so I have more options (this shade manufacturer apparently uses SmartLife motors as a standard, which only offer wifi connectivity). I’ve seen mixed reviews on the intricacies of ZRTSI zwave-to-RTS module but the chatter would indicate it generally works. Does anyone have recent (i.e. last year or two) experience using the ZRTSI module to integrate Somfy RTS motors into your Zwave network?

I also see a Somfy RTS plug-in in the apps listing, but it’s very old. Is anyone still/currently using that plug-in? Would I be better off going with the Somfy MyLink Wifi module instead, and using the Somfy plug-in (assuming it even works)?

I’m looking for the path of least resistance. I know the ZRTSI module is pricey, but if it works, I’ll cough up the $$. I’m not trying to do anything radical. I just want the awning to be on a scheduled scene that’s only active when I’m in this home (it’s my weekend/vacation home). I know I can do [most of] that with the Somfy app and the MyLink wifi module, but in an effort to keep everything integrated, I’d prefer to keep that control in Vera (for example, the Somfy app doesn’t seem to have any home/away functionality).

Any/all feedback appreciated. Awning is coming in about six weeks, so I’d like to have a direction in mind before it’s installed.

I think you will find that most if not all users(inc. me) use a RFXCom to control Somfy motor(s).
I can’t fault the RFXCom or the Plug In, it was all automated originally using PLEG and now has been superseded to Reactor.

UPDATE: I ended up buying the Somfy ZRTSI Z-wave bridge. It’s now working perfectly, allowing me to control my patio awning through Vera. Installation of the bridge is a bit cumbersome, having to include it as a base z-wave node, then a virtual node and then link it to your Somfy motor RTS channel. But the instructions were straight-forward and it all worked the first time around.

The company from which I purchased the awning unexpectedly included the Somfy MyLink module as well. I set that up just to try it out. It works as advertised. But given all of my other home automation is managed through Vera/z-wave, I won’t have much use for the MyLink.

For what it’s worth, the online blind company from which I purchased the ZRTSI was a bit cagey when I bought it. They sent me an email wanting assurances I understood what I was getting because it was not returnable. Not exactly sure what that means - I can only suspect it may be discontinued. They’re not easy to find. If so, I’ll hope that mine keeps working for a long time.