set up GE45601 remote control

doesnt work… The on buttons work. The off buttons don’t …

Come on MCV team. this is not rocket science. Why is this thing so problematic ? When pairing a device transmits its properties.
You can easily detect : GE remote. Then Vera should automatically create 36 scenes. 18 for off and 18 for on. and then we can fill in the blanks.

Now we need to jump trough all kinds of hoops. This forums is full of threads with all kinds of suggestions. try this, try that, try doing it while standing on your hide chanting ‘ommm’ at full moon on a Tuesday…

i may sound grumpy , but i have had so much trouble with this thing that i am seriously p’d off. It’s one problem after another.

If you want it to work, you have to follow the multi-step process. The process may not be as you like it, but if you do it, it works.

1. pair the remote with Vera

2. set up you scenes for ON, do not do anything for off.

3. pair the remote with Vera again. Vera will program the remote so that the lights in the scenes turn off with the off button.

[quote=“wscannell, post:42, topic:167062”]If you want it to work, you have to follow the multi-step process. The process may not be as you like it, but if you do it, it works.

1. pair the remote with Vera

2. set up you scenes for ON, do not do anything for off.

3. pair the remote with Vera again. Vera will program the remote so that the lights in the scenes turn off with the off button.[/quote]

Now THIS is an explanation i like: Clear , clean and to the point.

I will try this tonight.

This worked for me for the GE/Jasco 45600, which I bought for $10 including shipping.

In summary:

1. Include the remote on vera. Run the wizard. Press Setup on the remote and hold till the double flashes. Then type 967 on the remote. The light will flash green. Follow the normal inclusion procedure.
  2. Add events to the scenes you want to activate with the remote. Device is the GE 45600 or 45601, for example “Scene controller K”. “A Scene is activated”, scene name - I use “Scene # ON”, and Scene number is the corresponding button on the remote (1-9). At this point the on side of the button will run the ON scene.
  3. Re-include the remote.
  4. Add events to the scenes you want to de-activate with the remote. Device is “Scene controller K”. “A Scene is de-activated”, scene name - I use “Scene # OFF”, and Scene number is the corresponding button on the remote. At this point the on side of the button will run the OFF scene too.

Vera2 (1.1.1245, UI4); ACT ZRW113W; GE/Jasco 45600, 45602, 45604, 45605 x3, 45606 x4, 45609 x11, 45614; Hawking HRDS1 x3; Intermatic CA9000 x2; Schlage BE369GR, WCE100; Trane TZEMT400AB32MAA

I am working with both a ge 45600 and ge 45601. I can get all of the lights to work correctly with the 45600 and set up a max of 18 scenes. I have to use triggers only on the 45600. With the 45601 I can set up only 9 scenes but I do not have to use triggers, I can set the scenes inside the device setup using drop down menus, much nicer but you loose 9 scenes.

My next task was to try and set up some door locks on the 45600. This seemed a bit more limiting where as only the first 9 scenes seem to respond to the door lock scenes, and unlike the lights, the off button does not undo or reverse the action, IE on=lights on, off=lights off. Was trying for on=lock door, off=unlock door.

I then tried and setup another scene that was an unlock door and then tried to assign a trigger event associated with ?a scene is de-activated? for that same button I have set up for lock, but that was also unsuccessful. I then tried to set up the unlock on one of the shifted scene numbers, IE # 9 on is my lock button so #18 on would be my unlock button, but Vera does not allow associations other than lights to the upper number (shifted) scenes.

My question is, has anyone else played with this and found this all to be true for them? Has anyone gotten the off button to work for scenes other than lights? Has anyone been able to get the shifted scene numbers to work for anything other than lights?