Sensative Strip showing up twice in Vera Plus

I have a Sensative strip that is in Vera twice. Each one has a different Device number and ID. Have tried to delete one and it will not go away. How can I remove one without loosing the other?

Hi Roger,

Please unpair the Sensative strip and check if both devices go away, or if only one of them goes away. If one of them is left, please remove power from the Sensative device and then delete the remaining item from the app again. It should let you delete it then. Otherwise, let us know so we can open a Zendesk ticket to look further into this.

You can’t do that Sensative strips are sealed units you can’t disconnect the battery.

I have some of these strips, they should pair as a single door contact sensor.

@RogerO can you post a screen shot of these two devices from the Vera UI7 web interface.

Also is one a child device of the other ? Look in both devices in the Advanced area and under the Params tab.

Look for the id_parent what does each device say in this field ?

Info from
Device #|Parent|Name|Room|Battery|Device Type|ID
|822|1|Front Door|Outside|75|DoorSensor|105|
|827|1|Front Door Sensor|Outside|75|DoorSensor|106|

Would really like to not unpair strip as it is a pain to get working again.

Looks like they both have a id_parent with a value of 1.

That means one is not the child of the other.

So both devices work as far as tripping / un-tripping with the magnet contact ?

I paired my strips a very long time ago, but I recall there was some talk of these strips later having issues with being paired altogether. EDIT here

Quick fix you could just hide one of them from the user interface.

On the main menu Apps - Develop Apps - Edit Startup LUA

You could enter this line using the device number of the one you want to hide and make vanish.

luup.attr_set("invisible","1",827)

The first one (822) does not trip when the door is opened. Also verified in Device Spy that it is not responding to the door opening. An concerned because my battery is at 75% now and it is only a few years old I think.

That being the case. Hiding 822 sounds better than hiding 827, assuming that 827 does trip as expected.

Hide 822 then. You need to change some settings for battery life I can help you with that in a moment.

luup.attr_set("invisible","1",822)

In the devices settings change the wakeup interval to 86400 (24 hours) and set polling to 0

In Device Options add a configuration setting to turn off the LED from flashing every time it trips.

Parameter #2 - 1 byte dec - Value 0

You will need to wake up the strip for it to accept these new settings.

To fix this properly you need to unpair the strip from Vera and try pairing it again. It should not have created two devices like it has done.

How did you pair it ? As a generic Z-Wave device?

Ideally you should search for Sensative in the add device wizard

But if you don’t want to try that then just hide the 822 device and make the changes for the battery saving.

Both devices were already configured to the settings you had above. Only thing they don’t have is the config setting to disable the light. I open that door maybe once or twice a week, so the light should not be a major drain on the battery.

Vera have changed the default settings then.

No you won’t, you have to add it yourself. Click the green button that says “Add Configuration Settings” then put in the values correctly and then click the Save Changes button.

Vera will reload. the device will then say waiting to wake up to configure. So you have to then wake up the strip with the round magnet as it tells you how to do in the user manual.

I changed the settings a long time ago I think. I have added the config to turn off the led. When I added it originally, I think I did use the Sensative device type, though I bought it when they first came on the market so that might have been an option back then.

That’s more likely than Vera knowing to set it like that after first pairing.

So that worked? If so the Current value should say 0. You may need to refresh your web browser to see it properly.

From the user manual:

Wakeup:

To wake up Strips manually for Z-Wave communication, first place the
round magnet (B) at the rounded edge. When the LED blinks, move the
magnet away. Repeat a total of 3 times within 10 seconds.

Only the second device (827) woke up to accept the new parameter. First one is still waiting for wake up…

827 seems to be the “real” device. 822 is some kind of ghost device.

Have another look in the params tab. Look for a check box that says “Embedded” is it ticked ?

No, the Embedded check box is unchecked.

On both devices?

If so that’s as I expected.

Yes, unchecked on both devices. Sorry for the delay, was eating lunch.

Just hide the other device then as a quick fix if the main device appears to be all working.

What firmware version is your Vera Plus running?

@Leandro Vera support should test pairing a Sensative Door contact strip, can you replicate this problem? Can you get someone there to try it ?

Because as I said last time I tried to pair a Sensative strip I had problems also.