Schlage Lock with motorized deadbolt?

Just two second “tjoyce” Nexia, Schlage stance. They called me today and told me the same information. Vera does not support the security class designation…

Thanks! Was just curious, given their statement.

Comparing to the older Schlage gear, they have added and removed some command classes, added or removed security for some. The one that appears new is command class 93 (secured). So possibly that’s the one they’re suggesting Vera is missing support for.

Ok, I’m still learning so was curious as well.

So how do we get the new class created and this deadbolt working correctly? Any idea?

I created a bug report to add/verify support: bug# 2828

Perhaps create a ticket with MCV Tech Support also and point them to this thread.

So, is Nexia/Schlage saying the random keypad lockups are due to the Vera?

I understand that the polling/status issue and the pins not activating scenes would likely be a Vera issue… but the lockups I’m not so sure about. I thought I read that someone had that happen even when they didn’t enroll the lock…

[quote=“oTi@, post:44, topic:174019”]I created a bug report to add/verify support: bug# 2828

Perhaps create a ticket with MCV Tech Support also and point them to this thread.[/quote]

I have created a ticket and will see what MCV support has to say. Thanks,

I have created a trouble ticket as well. Figured the more people that report the issue the better the chance MCV support will respond.

My lock stopped working today. I could not open or close from my phone or Vera. When I went to the lock and entered my code the display did not work (like other reports). I unplugged the battery in the lock and plugged it back in and now the lock is working again.

Sdittoc - Has tech support contacted you? They just requested access to my Vera Lite.

Mine locked up yesterday again as we’ll.

Yes lastnight they requested access and wanted more information. I gave them access and referenced “OTI@” ticket. Have not heard anything back yet.

Just installed an Aeon Labs door window sensor to monitor whether the door has opened or closed and to send email alerts until there is a solution to the problem.

I installed two Schlage BE469NXCAM619 Camelot touchscreen motorized deadbolts yesterday and I was able to successfully pair them both on the first try using the battery method on my VeraLite. The only problems I’m having with the locks are…

Manually unlocking or using any of the PINs to unlock the door does not change the status of the lock but If I manually poll the device, it will correctly display it’s status (locked or unlocked). The locks also have a built in security system that can supposedly send a signal if they’re tripped but I’ve had no such luck. This is kind of a bummer since any type of trigger setup for locking, unlocking or tampering with the door is now useless. It’s almost like the PUSH (yes I’m referencing email here haha) part of the zwave functions are not being read by the VeraLite.

Everything else seems to work just fine… I have added codes w/ my VeraLite and used them on the locks with no issues. The locks even sat for 12 hours+ un touched and I was able to un-lock them my pin from the outside.

My versa lite stopped communication with schlage :cry:

The lock still works and key pad still work. No more alert and poll, have to re link. What a pain.

Also firmware. I read somewhere u need nexia link in order to update firm ware on it?

[quote=“smilepak, post:53, topic:174019”]My versa lite stopped communication with schlage :cry:

The lock still works and key pad still work. No more alert and poll, have to re link. What a pain.[/quote]

Have you filled a tech support ticket? If not the more the better…

"Quote from: oTi@ on February 13, 2013, 12:57:17 pm

I created a bug report to add/verify support: bug# 2828

Perhaps create a ticket with MCV Tech Support also and point them to this thread."

I have created a ticket and will see what MCV support has to say. Thanks,

Smilepak - I second sdittoc, please open a support ticket so that MCV knows there are many more of us with these locks and the issues are common.

Just submitted a ticket.

Wierd on it…Last night polling failed because it can’t detect it. This morning, it detect it, I click on unlock and it send the signal, but yet it still show as locked on vera lite. Any how, opened the ticket on all the issues I see.

I am trying out the Yale as well, but damn thing won’t fit…first I had to drill a hole inside the door so the bolt cylinder could fit because it is 1" or so longer. But that caused the whole thing to shift in by 1"…blah…debating to return it or drill baby drill.

Just submitted a ticket mentioning all of the current problems we have all reported.

Finally I got the touch of death. The keypad dead, no response. Lock no response. Vera connection to Schlage no response. I had to battery power cycle it for it to response. Every so often I get error Failed at: Getting secure classes

Sheesh…it’s only under 20 feet away.

[quote=“smilepak, post:59, topic:174019”]Finally I got the touch of death. The keypad dead, no response. Lock no response. Vera connection to Schlage no response. I had to battery power cycle it for it to response. Every so often I get error Failed at: Getting secure classes

Sheesh…it’s only under 20 feet away.[/quote]

Do you know how long it took for your lock to stop working? It seems like mine died after about 5 days. Just curious if the lock dies after “x” amount of no use.