Roomba ThinkingCleaner Plugin

This is the official forum for help and support for the Roomba ThinkingCleaner Vera Plugin

Adds ThinkingCleaner enabled Roomba device control and status in Vera. The plugin features true device status Docking, Undocking, Charging, Trickle Charging, Charging Error, Paused, Cleaning. Battery level and ability to control in your Scenes

Wifi Add-On by Thinking Cleaner: http://www.thinkingcleaner.com/
Download Link: MiOS Apps

Current Version: 0.88

First off let me say the Thinking Cleaner Wifi add-on for the Roomba is away better product than the Roowifi. The plugin
includes the following features.

[ul][li]Support for Roomba: 500,600,700,800 models[/li]
[li]Clean / Pause button[/li]
[li]Dock Button with true dock[/li]
[li]Real-Time Cleaning Status[/li]
[li]Cleaning Status Icons[/li]
[li]Charging Level[/li]
[li]800 Series Roomba Double Start auto-detect[/li][/ul]

Hi @undertoe,

Thank you for this work - excellent - I shall give it a go when available :slight_smile:

@undertoe,

Awesome, thanks.

Awesome. I got mine on order and will give this a try when I get it.

Everyone got the update today?

"The great news is that this production has finished last week and we have the units available for shipping NOW, so we are packing and preparing the ordered units TODAY to get them to you as soon as possible. "

Waiting for that 700 series cover and I will be using this plugin.
In advance thanks for your development effort.

Great news, hopefully mine will be in the mail soon.

One question, would it be possible (if it is even open in the API) to deactivate the drop sensors? In my main area I have a rug with a black border that always gives the Roomba some trouble. I don’t want to cover the sensors because I have other areas in the house I hand carry the Roomba to where I would need the sensors.

I’d like to create scenes to run the Roomba and disable the sensor and then use PLEG to re-enable the sensor once docked. This way the default is “on”.

[quote=“RHINESEL, post:7, topic:185278”]Great news, hopefully mine will be in the mail soon.

One question, would it be possible (if it is even open in the API) to deactivate the drop sensors? In my main area I have a rug with a black border that always gives the Roomba some trouble. I don’t want to cover the sensors because I have other areas in the house I hand carry the Roomba to where I would need the sensors.

I’d like to create scenes to run the Roomba and disable the sensor and then use PLEG to re-enable the sensor once docked. This way the default is “on”.[/quote]

This I don’t think is an option in the ROOMBA it’s self so i find it hard to believe that’s going to be an option.

I think you would be better to email “featurerequest@thinkingcleaner.com” to get the right answer.

Approved and ready for download!

http://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=8126

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:8, topic:185278”][quote=“RHINESEL, post:7, topic:185278”]Great news, hopefully mine will be in the mail soon.

I’d like to create scenes to run the Roomba and disable the sensor and then use PLEG to re-enable the sensor once docked. This way the default is “on”.[/quote]

This I don’t think is an option in the ROOMBA it’s self so i find it hard to believe that’s going to be an option.

I think you would be better to email “featurerequest@thinkingcleaner.com” to get the right answer.[/quote]

I’ve done that. No answer yet. I’ll advise if I get one.

Had the first issue today with the thinkingcleaner.
It stopped reporting battery status (on the thinkingcleaner webinterface). After a restart everything was OK again.

This was after I installed the plugin. Wil test some more to see if these a related.

It’s good to learn there are options for Roomba.

In any case, can you tell me if this plug-in will work with both UI5 and UI7 please?

Thank you.

Yes it should be just fine however I have not tested it

Got my Thinking Cleaner and installed it today.

My wife set up a schedule on the Roomba, does the ThinkingCleaner override this schedule or do I need to somehow remove them? I’ve never read the manual but I assume there is a way to delete the schedules.

Like most things, the Vera needed time to catch up with the plugin. It kept asking me to enter the IP after I already did. A reload and a browser refresh (and probably a little bit of time) solved all problems.

Anyone know when the hardware will work with 800-series Roombas?

The hardware already works with 800 from what I have seen. The problem is they don’t have funding (working on that with no release date) to build a nice cover plate to hid the wifi dongle in and make it look completed. So basically the wifi dongle works but you need to cut a whole in the hood or leave it off to make it fit.

I ordered the 600 series setup the day it went up for sale and haven’t received it yet. So might be awhile until your able to get your hands on an 800 series.

Anyone in the US got their order for the ThinkingCleaner wifi?

I placed my order 3 plus weeks ago, and tracking doesn’t show much (since its not inside the US). Just wondering if anyone else is receiving products over here?

EDIT: Nevermind I placed my order over a Month ago on Dec. 31st.

I have mine, works much better than the previous.

There are still some bugs in the app for android, such as push notifications not being reliable. The developers seem to be pretty responsive though, and answer emails.

Yes, I actually accidentally clicked the order button twice and received two of them. It took about 3 1/2 weeks to receive them. I am in US as well.

Sure you don’t have mine? LOL

I’m impatiently waiting for over a month now. They have responded to emails, but that really hasn’t helped as the tracking shows nothing different from day one and currently next step is “Just wait another week” and then we do something. Which if they do end up having to ship another that only means another 3 weeks plus, so I’m hoping that’s not the answer.