Release Notes - UI7 - Vera Firmware Update - v.7.0.31 (1.7.4954/1.7.4955/1.7.4956) - February 19th, 2020

@Sorin I don’t like doing this (calling Someone out by name) but I’m going to because it’s frankly pathetic!

It took 5 days to get a response to my support ticket (214679) and when Estefanía Díaz finally replied, it was bloody obvious she didn’t read a single thing I wrote. FFS she even asked which device # I was referring to when I provided this info!

It’s also bloody obvious from the info I provided that I had tried multiple times to include/exclude the device I’m having issues with and yet she asks me to try it again.

To say I’m cross right now is an understatement! :rage:

This is not a one off unfortunately. I emailed them a few months ago with a support issue. The first question support asked was to turn on Remote Access for them. My first sentence and last sentence in my email was the access code. You are right some of the support staff do not read the support question.

2 Likes

@Sorin needs to weed these ppl out, they are not doing the right thing by Ezlo or their customers!

1 Like

Still no return from support… What a headache

@loana

I found a bug:

When trying to disable wifi, the option on the UI seems to work and I have no idea why the unit reboots. (another nasty abuse of reboot/reloads). When the unit comes back up, the UI shows that wifi is off and the wifi led is off but… it is still broadcasting both of its SSID. I ended up killing wifi by running the os.execute(“wifi off”). but it seems like I need to put it in the startup code for it to survive reboots.

Sorry to hear about the degrading support experience… aren’t we glad to have this forum…

1 Like

All this talk about the WiFi got me to pondering something that happened to my Vera Plus two days ago, wherein it “lost” its WiFi connection**. No amount of power cycling seemed to help, so my “Power + Internet blinking LED” problem continued until I learned you can poke the Reset button (e.g. 3x within 6 seconds, to reinstate the WiFi) to get the network settings back to default.

Swapping back to a wired connection got me back in business. Ever since then, under SETTINGS > Net & WiFi, I’ve noticed the wireless settings are hidden, and “Automatic Configuration” (the default choice) has been selected.

Tonight, your posts got me to wondering, WHY is Vera Plus broadcasting two SSIDs (mios-xxxx and mios-xxxx-5G) at all?? And how would I go about disabling them? (Answer: Manually configure, and turn both WiFi signals to OFF.)

**Why had I switched to a WiFi connection? Several weeks prior, in response to my housemate demanding “fewer wires in the TV area”, I converted my Vera Plus from wired (Ethernet) to wireless (WiFi) operation. I recall the WiFi network setup being “fiddly” and (as others seem to be suggesting) a bit misleading.

SIDE NOTE: For years, I could never grok whether Vera Plus was meant to act as an Access Point (the way, say, the original Vera units did – providing WiFi connection to other devices), or simply connect to a WiFi router, or both. Turns out it’s BOTH (despite what tech support told me at time of purchase; namely, that the Vera Plus is not intended for use as a Gateway. I think they lied).

Omg so recognisable. I can list names… I had 2 support calls recently, bringing me some further but almost not… I do have major issues and all support take 1 5 hour by call and now it is sent to tier 3… but support is only mitm… let’s hope for quick follow up…

GE Outdoor Metal Box Smart Switch - Vera Plus, latest firmware, no longer displays wattage on the dashboard or devices page. The value is still reported in variables but not show on those pages.

This was already reported my other users (like me) and Vera will publish a hot fix for this very soon

2 Likes

My Honeywell TCC app has ceased to authenticate after this FW update. Verified it’s not on the TCC end by logging in via their web portal. Re-entered creds into app, same result.

Sat, Feb 22, 10:52:32 AM

Status

Unsuccessful. Error code: 4

Disregard - this is resolved here: PLUGIN: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostats - #780 by rigpapa - Unmaintained - Ezlo Community

@loana,
Another old complain, the icons of the binary lights which were inexplicably changed for 7.0.29 are still bad. I am having to modify it every time. Switches are showing up as bulbs and lights are showing up as switches. The subcategories 0 and 1 need to be swapped in the state icon section of D_BinaryLight1.json. How many times do we need to report this?

Also the proxy.sh is still non RFC compliant. It is missing I have reported at least 3x and provided the fix. A single line modification in that file fixes it. It prevents some of the vera services from working if the vera is behind a proxy.
https://community.getvera.com/t/vera-7-29-core-firmware-beta-release/207715/65
https://community.getvera.com/t/vera-7-29-core-firmware-beta-release/207715/209?u=rafale77

All minor but they take what? 30s total to fix…

2 Likes

Icons for switches messed up is one of the most frustrating things. 7.29 broke water valve icons on the web Ui, but they’re still ok on iOS. I reported it at least three time as well.

1 Like

@RitterIwan could you please give more information on how to change the Hue lua file? I plan to migrate to the Althue plugin but my production Vera is still on the Hue 2 plugin, no time now to change all the scenes etc. Or maybe someone else can help?

I’ve installed the Althue plugin and it works. I can even see all my sensors now.
But I’m missing the effects on the colorbulbs.
Also it feels like the response is nt as good as before.
If your system is working with the Hue2 plugin I would advice to wait untill there is a fix.

I have 40 lamps up and have to redo all my scenes etc. not fun at all…

If you find out how to change the Lua file please let me know. I’m no programmer but would love to try and modify it.

1 Like

I would also like to know where to find the Hue2 plug-in Lua file. I’ve never done anything in Lua yet but am willing to try if it can help me fix things.

your device file are in /etc/cmh-ludl
ssh into your box or goto apps - develop apps - luup file and download the file.

I have also successfully upgraded firmware, which is decent since the house and controller in it is 120 miles away.

However I am still getting extraneous tampering notifications from a zwave door sensor and a zwave motion sensor that I have been getting for years - ever since installing the sensors. And NOT I did NOT buy them off the Vera store.

I tire of this constant harping on openness yet continual failure of the company to adequately test with commonly available and inexpensive sensors on the market. How long until the firmware updates start dealing with bugs in the sensor detection and setup?

Get some black corrugated plastic wire sleeves they sell them in any auto parts store. They are slit on one side so you can push the wires in them. Our TV area went from “10 wires” visible to “2 wires” visible which made my wife happy. To her, a bundle of wires inside of a plastic sleeve is “a wire”

2 Likes

Just sharing my light-hearted spin on what upgrading Vera feels like from the user’s side of things…

13 Likes