Push Notification Plugin

I continue to have the same message “Push Notification: Start luup failed” Anyone have ideas on how to fix this?

Don

Have you looked at the log file during the restart to get more info ?

http://Your.Vera.IP.Address/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

I get the same startup issue. My log has this to say:

LuaInterface::CallFunction_Startup-1 device 6 function mystartup failed [string “–Copyright (c) 2007-2008 Neil Richardson (…”]:101: attempt to perform arithmetic on local ‘b’ (a nil value) <0x402>

Captha question: What is the largest mammal in the world?(lower case). Google says “blue whale”. Google also says that “elephant” is the right one if we only consider land. Yet they’re both wrong here :slight_smile:

Having a look around, it seems that this message is the key:

[tt]luup_require can’t find json[/tt]

UPDATE:

Err, no. That’s not the key, although it is needed in a few places (like for XendApp). These French guys had a problem regarding the json lua module, so they planted it there themselves. I did too, but it only fixed the ‘require’ error.

On the other hand, I found the place of the error. It’s line 101 in crc32.lua (which, oddly, doesn’t exist anywhere I looked, but works). I got this copy into /usr/lib/lua/crc32.lua after print-tracing the problem to GetGUID (which only calls CRC32.Hash) and tried to use it in the CLI. I get the error I mentioned in my previous post.

But that same file works fine on my Ubuntu computer! Difference so far is that my Vera2 has lua 5.1.4. My Ubuntu has lua 5.1.5 and 5.2.3, and they both work fine…

UPDATE 2:

I added this before line 416 in crc32.lua:

print(count, crc, lshift(crc, 8), rshift(crc, 24), byte)

For [tt]CRC32.Hash(“alpha”)[/tt] I get this in Ubuntu:

[tt]5 4294967295 4294967040 255 97
4 3865863316 1818530816 230 108
3 719495736 3802281984 42 112
2 3049211345 3209023744 181 104
1 2668829754 320616960 159 97[/tt]

but this on Vera:

[tt]5 4.29497e+09 0 256 97
/usr/lib/lua/crc32.lua:101: attempt to perform arithmetic on local ‘b’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
/usr/lib/lua/crc32.lua:101: in function ‘xor’
/usr/lib/lua/crc32.lua:147: in function ‘Hash’
stdin:1: in main chunk
[C]: ?[/tt]

The third and fourth fields are screwed up. lshift and rshift mess up and that’s why this plugin doesn’t work for me…

UPDATE 3:

It seems to be down to division of huge humbers:

print((2^32-1) * (2^8) % (2^32))

Ubuntu: [tt]4294967040[/tt]
Vera: [tt]0[/tt]

print(print((2^32-1) * (2^8) / (2^32)))

Ubuntu: [tt]255.9999999404[/tt]
Vera: [tt]256[/tt]

UPDATE 4
OK, so I guess it’s time to abandon all hope for CRC32:

[code]> print((2^32) % 2)

print((2^32 - 1) % 2)
print((2^32) == (2^32-1))
true[/code]

We need a different way to implement GetGUID.

UPDATE Z
Do you know what’s at 2^31-1? Think about it a bit. Got it? [glow=red,2,300]The maximum value for a signed 32 bit integer[/glow], that’s what. Everything above that fails, and CRC32 wants an unsigned 32-bit integer.

In light of the above, does it hurt anything if GetGUID just does [tt]return luup.hw_key[/tt]? Any privacy concerns? If yes, then maybe this plugin needs to generate a real GUID and store it.

I’ve been using this app for a couple of years. However, I’m now getting a “Startup Lua Failed” message. The following log messages are in the log:

luup_log:41: (PushNotificationPLugin)::(mystartup) : starting up… <0x402>
Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 41 service: urn:upnp‐org:serviceId:IOSPush1 variable: PluginVersion was: 0.98 now: 0.98
LuaInterface::CallFunction_Startup‐1 device 41 function mystartup failed [string “‐‐Copyright (c) 2007‐2008 Neil Richardson (…”]
LuImplementation::StartLua running startup code for 41 I_IosPush.xml failed <0x402>

Any ideas on what’s happening? I’m still able to receive prowl notices.

Correction - I’m NOT able to receive prowl notices due to this issues. This appears to be a common problem from this thread with no remediation/fix that I’ve been able to see. Has anyone been able to get this plug-in to work with UI5 and version 98 of the app?

I cannot install the newest version of the plugin from the link on the first page ([url=https://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=2508]MiOS Apps), and from the app store i only get version 0.98. Is there a problem ? I do not get any ermessage, but the message on my browser from the mios app store says installing plugin, please wait, which disapperas after a while but in UI5 nothing happens

Push notifications from Vera stopped working two days ago. The device says invalid token. The log says the same:

06 12/30/14 20:18:43.520 Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 15 service: urn:upnp-org:serviceId:IOSPush1 variable: LastError was: invalid token - 20:14 - (PushOver) now: invalid token - 20:18 - (PushOver) #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:0 <0x2e479680>

Device Summary:
Last message : invalid token - 20:50 - (PushOver)
Plugin Version : 0.98
Plugin ID : 2465006218.0

I read that others had the same problem on this thread back in October of 2013. But I did not see any clear resolution in the recommendations. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Edit: I used the method described by pattont in reply 226. It works now. Will report back if it stops working again soon.

[quote=“hfleejr, post:326, topic:172383”]I’ve been using this app for a couple of years. However, I’m now getting a “Startup Lua Failed” message. The following log messages are in the log:

Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 41 service: urn:upnp‐org:serviceId:IOSPush1 variable: PluginVersion was: 0.98 now: 0.98
LuaInterface::CallFunction_Startup‐1 device 41 function mystartup failed [string “‐‐Copyright (c) 2007‐2008 Neil Richardson (…”]
LuImplementation::StartLua running startup code for 41 I_IosPush.xml failed <0x402>

Correction - I’m NOT able to receive prowl notices due to this issues. This appears to be a common problem from this thread with no remediation/fix that I’ve been able to see. Has anyone been able to get this plug-in to work with UI5 and version .98 of the app?[/quote]

Question - is there an easy way to fall back to the prior version of this app since it was working up until several weeks ago?

[quote=“Zzo, post:314, topic:172383”]Hello,
Since the upgrade to UI7 (final release), I cannot select anymore the Push Notification plugin from the “Step 2: Device Actions”.[/quote]

When editing a scene, go to Advanced Editor, you can add actions there.

A bug on “Send Message” in the device settings page for testing push notifications. In J_IosPush.js and J_IosPush_UI7.js, a “?” character is missing from the beginning of the query string in several places:

url = ‘’+ ipaddress +'[size=12pt]?[/size]id=lu_action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=RunLua&Code=luup.call_action

Here are the updated files based on those downloaded from app store.

I cant get my Prowl API key to save under UI7 when I hit save, it confirms that ‘all chages saved’ but then when I go back and take a look at the settings is still shows xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I tried adding it on the advanced->variables->ProwlAPIKey field which did seem to save but then when I go back to the prowl summary page it shows the api enclosed by

Vera Alerts supports Prowl and PushOver as well as many other forms of instant messaging and works in UI7.

Hi

I Have exactly the problem reported.
When possible can you please recheck?

Thank you

Reported by webdesco

"I can’t get my Prowl API key to save under UI7 when I hit save, it confirms that ‘all changes saved’ but then when I go back and take a look at the settings is still shows xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I tried adding it on the advanced->variables->ProwlAPIKey field which did seem to save but then when I go back to the prowl summary page it shows the api enclosed by "

Same problem here

Most changes in ui7 require a luup reload then a browser refresh.

Input it into the advanced click away and wait a sec to let it load. Then head over reload luup at your favorite spot or

apps, develop apps, configure sieral port and reload luup in the top right. wait until the blue banner across the top is down and refresh browser then check to see if it took.

Refreshing browser before a luup reload will lose the settings.

[quote=“hfleejr, post:326, topic:172383”]I’ve been using this app for a couple of years. However, I’m now getting a “Startup Lua Failed” message. The following log messages are in the log:

Correction - I’m NOT able to receive prowl notices due to this issues. This appears to be a common problem from this thread with no remediation/fix that I’ve been able to see. Has anyone been able to get this plug-in to work with UI5 and version 98 of the app?[/quote]

Has anyone been able to get past the Push Notification: Startup Lua Failed error with UI5 and version 98 of the app?

Works for me in UI7 using advanced->variables and editing:

PushOverUserKey = your user key
PushOverCustomAppKey = your custom app key
PushOverApplication = the name of your app
PushOverUseCustomAppKey = 1

I found that I had to refresh to see the results. You may even have to go back to the PushOver settings screen and hit save.

Could someone help me. I havent done notifications before.

I have installed the ‘push notification’ plugin. I have created a Xendapp account. I have entered username and password under the ‘xendapp’ tab. When I try to send message from the ‘send message’ tab nothing happens.

What else do I need to configure? Many thanks.

I notice an error message: Push Notification[22] : Startup Lua Failed