Push Notification Plugin

I havnt checked the logs, but ill do so when I can empty a USB drive…

Im running the code using a scene in the Luup section

A profile to support PushALot was added to allow the Vera Alerts plugin to send notifications to Windows 8 and Windows Mobile phones.

Just for the record, I finally managed to downgrade to version 1.5.672 (from 1.6.xx) due to another issue I was having and now the notifications are also working ;D :smiley:

Vera Alerts in 1.6 will work.

Is there anybody who has managed to get XendApp working with this plugin?

All I get is “Error” - but not what the error is - when I try to send a test message from the plugin.

I have the following fields populated in the “advanced” settings tab:

XendAppUserName
LastUpdate
XendAppApplication <Vera (XendApp)>
XendAppChannelName
XendAppChannelID
XendAppDefaultChannel
XendAppEncryption <1>
XendAppContentType <1>
XendAddSerialToSubject <0>
XendAppCount <0>

As far as I know - all other settings are at their default - I don’t think I’ve broken anything!

Any ideas anyone?

Regards,

Ian

Does anyone know if it’s possible to pass device properties into the notifications?

I am trying to accomplish this without going to Lua, and using PLEG directly.

Edit: Specifically, I am trying to pass in the PlayState property from the XBMCState plugin so I get notifications for a song when the song changes.

With PLEG … you can send the Notification using the Advanced tab of an action.

In the message you can use:
{(InputVariableName)}

You can add multiple of the above templates to display multiple properties. Using Input Device Properties will allow you to select any Device Property in Vera.

I am trying to setup some notifications for if things happen around the house and i am not home… (Sensor gets tripped etc…) But the code I am using doesn’t seem to work.

Home = luup.variable_get("urn:schemas-futzle-com:device:CombinationSwitch:1","Status",43) if (Home=="0") then luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:IOSPush1", "SendPushOverNotification",{ Title= "Garage is Open", Message="You are not home and the Garage is open.. ", Priority=1, URL="", URLTitle="", Sound="Siren"}, 51) end

The message works if I try just that, but for some reason it wont work when looking for the status of “Home” device 43

1. install the push plugin
  2. create a scene and luup code put this code:

luup.call_action(“urn:intvelt-com:serviceId:HWPush1”, “SendMessage”, {Msg = “Door Open”}, 152)

I don’t remember what is 152 in my code…but only this line and the plugin (sure) correctly setted up, works fine.

remember: 152 is my push device…

[quote=“BatterBits, post:305, topic:172383”]Is there anybody who has managed to get XendApp working with this plugin?

All I get is “Error” - but not what the error is - when I try to send a test message from the plugin.

I have the following fields populated in the “advanced” settings tab:

XendAppUserName
LastUpdate
XendAppApplication <Vera (XendApp)>
XendAppChannelName
XendAppChannelID
XendAppDefaultChannel
XendAppEncryption <1>
XendAppContentType <1>
XendAddSerialToSubject <0>
XendAppCount <0>

As far as I know - all other settings are at their default - I don’t think I’ve broken anything!

Any ideas anyone?

Regards,

Ian[/quote]

@Ian, I have exact same situation. Did you manage to get it sorted?

Has anyone tested the Push Notification Plugin with UI7?

Many thanks!

It works

I know this is a really open ended question, but i just got a veralite, I have 2 switches and 1 outlet hooked up. I’m looking for some more things to do with it and this plugin seems nice, but I dont have any ideas what to use it for. I’m sure everyone has some nice uses for it if they would share.

Hello,

Since the upgrade to UI7 (final release), I cannot select anymore the Push Notification plugin from the “Step 2: Device Actions”.
The plugin version is 0.98.
It still work for scenes created in UI5, but I cannot use it in new scenes in UI7.

Hop you can help me

-Z-

I installed the plugin on my vera 2.

I am getting the message Push Notification[39] : Startup Lua Failed

I have the iPhone device and entered the API key and app name.

In the scene , i added this to the luup code section
luup.call_action(“urn:upnp-org:serviceId:IOSPush1”, “SendProwlNotification”,{ Event= “Title”, Description=“Message”, Priority=2, URL=“”}, 39)

UI5. Latest firmware. Any idea?

I tried to enter execute this

local json = require(“json”)
local o = json.decode( ‘{“value”: “Hello Wolrd”}’)

luup.task( o.value, 1, “Test Vera2”, -1)

and it states code fails.

Help!

Hello

I’m a newby

Need help ,

Can use Push Notification for direct module when it’s on or off ? or just can use for scene ?

Thank you

If you want to use PushOver or Prowl attached to Vera Device notifications … you need to use the Vera Alerts plugin.

how to do this please ?

The Vera Alerts Plugin has profiles to send Vera Notifications to various places with various techniques.

This is done by creating a PROFILE for each target/technolgy.

i.e. one profile to Send SMS to phone.
onother proflle to PushOver to your iPad
onother profile to send VIA Twilio and call/speak the alert to you