Push notification plugin for HomeWave

I’ve thrown together a Vera plugin to make sending push notifications to HomeWave a little easier. This plugin works with the VeraAlerts plugin as well!

The plugin is now available in the Vera app store

Installing manually

[ul][li]Download the attached Zip file and extract the 4 files.[/li]
[li]On your Vera’s UI, go Apps->Develop Apps->Luup Files[/li]
[li]Under Upload Files, specify the 4 plugin files, tick Restart Luup after upload, and click Go[/li]
[li]Wait for Vera to reboot[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]Go Apps->Develop Apps->Create Device[/li]
[li]Enter a name for the device in the Description field, for example “HomeWave Push”[/li]
[li]In the Upnp Device Filename field, enter D_HWPush1.xml[/li]
[li]Click Create Device, then click the Reload button to restart the Vera engine.[/li][/ul]

You are now ready to set up the device.

Setting up
The device you just created should be on your dashboard, with the text “No valid Push ID”
Open the device, enter your Push ID into the appropriate field, and click Set

No need to “escape” special characters or spaces in your push ID, just enter it exactly as you specified it in HomeWave’s settings.

Now click Test. A test message should arrive on your iPhone.

Sending messages with Luup code

To send Push messages from Scenes, use the luup code below
[tt]luup.call_action(“urn:intvelt-com:serviceId:HWPush1”, “SendMessage”, {Msg = “Bla”}, deviceid)[/tt]

Be sure to substitute deviceid with the ID of the HomeWave Push device, and replace Bla with the message you want to send.

Using with VeraAlerts

[ul][li]Open the VeraAlerts device and switch to the Settings tab.[/li]
[li]On the Settings tab, switch to Plugin Forwarding[/li]
[li]Enter the following values:

• ServiceID: [tt]urn:intvelt-com:serviceId:HWPush1[/tt]
  • Action: [tt]SendMessage[/tt]
  • Args: [tt]Msg=“{Message}”[/tt]
  • Device ID: the device ID of the HomeWave Push device
    [/li][/ul]

You may want to set Default Recipients (under General) to Forward

intveltr, thanks for putting this together!!

I attempted installing this just now but seem to be hitting a stumbling block. I’ve gotten the files uploaded, created the device, but when the device appears, it doesn’t show the “No push ID”. When opening the device, there doesn’t seem to be a Push ID field either to modify. Not sure if perhaps something isn’t configured quite right on my side, or in the files? Any ideas?

The most common user errors when creating devices are:

• Uploading the files wrong (for instance, by doing it with Internet Explorer).
  • Misspelling the device filename when creating the device. Capitalization is important. No leading or trailing spaces is important.

Hi intveltr

all installed and test messages are being sent by veraalerts but device changes don’t appear to be working as it was with the push plugin to prowl. I’ll have to look again later

Thanks

As suggested, make sure that you entered the exact filename (D_HWPush1.xml) into the Upnp Device Filename field. If you open your device’s properties, the advanced tab should show this filename under device_file.

Also try a restart of your vera followed by a refresh of your browser; sometimes it is necessary to make the devices appear correctly.

lastly check that you indeed uploaded all 4 files. (Check under Apps->Develop Apps->Luup Files

Check that VeraAlerts is set up to send all notifications to the HomeWave Push Plugin. Open VeraAlerts, check under Settings, General tab, and see if “Forward” is listed as a default recipient. Test by sending a test message from VeraAlerts with the Recipients field left blank. Not sure how VeraAlerts works, but you may also have to open the Notification Configuration tab, then save the device config (just like you have to after adjusting notifications).

Sorry folks … I keep forgetting to release a fix … The default Settings in Vera Alerts Plugin (for System Notifications and to Forward Standard Vera Notifications) are actually NOT defined even though they look like they are set! You must manually toggle them to the correct position the very first time.

Looks to be working now. Need some more activity at home to check I’m getting all the same alerts.

Thanks

Working perfect for me, thanks Intveltr !

is there a limit of messages/day allowed ? (server side)

just Courious

[quote=“nullx8, post:10, topic:176855”]is there a limit of messages/day allowed ? (server side)

just Courious[/quote]

No, spam away!

As suggested, make sure that you entered the exact filename (D_HWPush1.xml) into the Upnp Device Filename field. If you open your device’s properties, the advanced tab should show this filename under device_file.

Also try a restart of your vera followed by a refresh of your browser; sometimes it is necessary to make the devices appear correctly.

lastly check that you indeed uploaded all 4 files. (Check under Apps->Develop Apps->Luup Files[/quote]

Think I found my mistake this time. I’m new to the whole developing apps piece (if it wasn’t already indicated by my forum status! ;)) and the Vera for that matter. It seems I needed to enter this into both the Device Type field and the Upnp Device Filename field. Once I did this it seems to have worked perfectly. On to testing now!

Thanks for the support, and the great app!! Keep up the phenomenal work … after seeing all the iOS and Android options out there, yours by far takes the cake with design and functionality!

This works great!!

I wonder if there is anyway to make the badges show up on the icon?

Not yet :slight_smile: The Push service for HomeWave will have to count notifications and set the badge number, then reset the count when you open HomeWave. I’ll give it a go

No Hurry. Thanks for all your hard work!!

Has anyone managed to get this working with the Vera Alerts plugin? I’m trying to leverage the capabilities of VeraAlerts (grabbing the same MCV notifications in notifications section) and have them forward to HomeWave push, but to no avail. It seems each time I got to input the Forwarding info, then save, the details get wiped out each time. Is there something I’m missing?

Sorry, just a dumb user. Too late to be working on Vera and Automation. :wink:

RTM - Found the missing piece was specifying Forward in the default destination. Now it stuck and seems to be working.

I must be making a mistake somewhere. The device was created successfully, entered my push id (same as on my iphone, a mixture of letters and numbers 23 characters), the device is showing ‘ready’ now. When i click on settings, push id is blank, but under it in current is the right push id. I press the test button (under test button is ‘ready’, nothing happens. I entered this luup code into test luup code:
luup.call_action(“urn:intvelt-com:serviceId:HWPush1”, “SendMessage”, {Msg = “Bla”}, 299) 299 being my device id, i get the message ‘message sent’, but nothing coming through on my iphone, if i have homewave open or not.
Probably some silly little mistake…

Did you use any weird characters in your push ID? Try a push ID with only letters, numbers and spaces, maybe that helps. If not, please PM me your push ID and I will check the database

Only using letters and numbers, i will pm you, thanks