Push notification plugin for HomeWave

I finally got it all working (thanks intveltr). Its brilliant. Have changed all my notifications now from Prowl to Homewave and Push plugin

Love the app, well worth paying for !

I’ve got push notifications set up and working well. Currently I have push alerts to verify alarm arming and if alarm is triggered. However, these alerts are triggered by scenes being activated. Technically, they alert me a scene has occurred. The updated version of Homewave lets me see my alarm status and directly arm and disarm alarm.

Is there a way to have the push notifications based on actual alarm state (being armed, disarmed and triggered), and not based on a scene being triggered?

Thanks,

David

If you use Vera Alerts … and forward the Normal Vera Notifications to the Push Plugin …

Then you just add a Notification to the Alarm Device for the conditions you are interested in.

I tried for some time yesterday to find a thread where i can find a ‘how to’ to forward messages from Vera Alert to the push plugin. I found one thread, but i did not see anything as to what to fill in the forward part of then Vera Alert plugin. Is there something on here ?

Set it up this morning and it’s working perfectly! (I’m using this in conjunction with the Vera Alerts plugin.)

If you use Vera Alerts ... and forward the Normal Vera Notifications to the Push Plugin

I think i am nearly there, but i am not sure what to put in Plugin Args:

This is what i have done so far:

Mikee, it’s in the very first post of this thread :slight_smile: Type this in Plugin Args

Msg=“{Message}”

@Mikee123

Look at:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,13207.msg101112.html#msg101112

I recommend the following:

1. In the Vera Alerts Plugin Settings:
    Toggle Both the Internal Alerts and Process Notifictions.
    Then set them where you want them … then save.
  2. Make the changes to the forward args from post above.
  3. On Vera Alerts Send Alerts Tab.
    Send an alert.
    If you have problems send me the log file during step 3.
    http://You.Vera.IP.Address/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

If you get this working … please post back your settings.
I will capture these and start to document forward procedures for the various plugins.

Thanks! I won’t have time until next week to get Vera Alerts up and running, but that sounds like a pretty good fit.

I updated the Vera Alerts Documentation for those that want to use it to forward to your IOS Phone.
http://RTS-Services.com/Vera/Plugin/VeraAlerts#Forwarding

@RichardTSchaefer

I looked at your new instructions and found one mistake i made. I am using Push plugin for Homewave. So i changed everything, but it is still not sending any message (i tried in send alert, with recipients blank and with ‘Forward’ in recipients, with a test message entered in message)

Send the log output (discussed a few replies earlier)

@RichardTSchaefer

I have sent an email with the log, please let me know if you need more. I can see something in red on there which might explain the problem.

Hello intveltr
Many thanks for the plugin. Does this need the VeraAlerts plugin to work?
If not then although I’ve setup exactly as you described in Post #1 I can’t get past the “No valid push ID” message and so can’t send the Test message. I’ve checked that the Luup files are uploaded, restarted and device file names and types are all correct and that the Push ID’s have no special characters and match in the Plugin and iPhone.
Any ideas what my problem could be?

Thanks

The plugin works by itself.

No idea why it wouldn’t work. Check that the Push ID is at least 20 characters, and also check the device’s variables (the push ID should beth visible there also)

Thanks for the advice.
I didn’t realise the Push ID had to be 20 characters. I changed my push ID’s on my iPhone and in the Homewave Push plugin, waited a few mins and now the test messages come thru immediately. Brilliant this stuff. Thanks again.

@mikee123

Never received the email …

No idea why you did not get it, maybe had the wrong email, i have done it again and put it in a pm. Hope that works

Hello intveltr

Your plug in works nicely. Thank you for all your great work.

I have a small suggestion for you. Can you have a log section in Homewave, maybe in the home page, so that as these alerts come in and are acknowledged, get listed?
I would like to be able to go back a view a history of these alerts coming in. Similar to the Prowl set up.
This would help when de bugging scemes or PLEG activities.

Thanks

does the Plugin Queue(ing) if the internet is not avaiable ?