PowerMaster models

[quote=“Freddan101, post:60, topic:174577”]Wise thoughts. I lean towards Powermaster as I would like the new LCD keypad and the ability to use proxy tags. Also, it’s always nice to buy the latest techonolgy when you have the chance.

It’s very good news that you are able to use the Powermaster door/window sensors with Vera. As you say, one can always double the PIRs where needed. I have the RFXtrx so Nexa sensors could def work. Or I go with a Z-wave multi sensor to also get the light level.

I have touched the thought of using Vera also as alarm system but I’m not sure how to easily and safely arm/disarm using Vera if not programming something complex myself. Probably better off having two different systems and connect them, though higher price tag.[/quote]

fixed New laundry room this summer and grabbed the change to add som stuff.
Wall mounted Tablet to Control micasaverde (using imperhome now) and the KP-160 mounted bellow for tags to arm/disarm alarm.
Tablet is Powered from my PoE Switch, and a POE extractor for 5v to the tablet… this way it stays Always on and ready for use.

everything is cut out from MDF, With a router to make the units flush mounted. This is just a test Mound, the MDF has been spray painted afterwords and a Nice flexible Silicon (white) has been Applied around the MDF against the tiles.

If i for some reason has a Power outrage i can still operate the alarm by using the built in backup batteries for some hours. :slight_smile:
It`s all Down to what you intend to use the alarm for,

[quote=“tek, post:61, topic:174577”]fixed New laundry room this summer and grabbed the change to add som stuff.
Wall mounted Tablet to Control micasaverde (using imperhome now) and the KP-160 mounted bellow for tags to arm/disarm alarm.
Tablet is Powered from my PoE Switch, and a POE extractor for 5v to the tablet… this way it stays Always on and ready for use.

everything is cut out from MDF, With a router to make the units flush mounted. This is just a test Mound, the MDF has been spray painted afterwords and a Nice flexible Silicon (white) has been Applied around the MDF against the tiles.

If i for some reason has a Power outrage i can still operate the alarm by using the built in backup batteries for some hours. :slight_smile:
It`s all Down to what you intend to use the alarm for,[/quote]
Very nice indeed. Good idea to use PoE, maybe I should look at this as well… What is imperhome?

Regarding Powermaster, is there any difference between PM10 and PM30 what comes to support for communicating with Vera?

Imperihome is an app for android to Control Your micasaverde, it has intuitive GUI, like HC2 and that makes it easier to slip true the wife-control…
I use authomation.hd on my own Devices (just not the wall mounted ones)

There are some diferences in number of zones, and partitions.
The main reason i choose the pm30 where that pm30 has two slots for modules, where pm10 have only one and i would like to use the dual-rs232 and still have the possibility to use another one. Maby a pl3?

The initial price difference is not huge,

[quote=“tek, post:63, topic:174577”]Imperihome is an app for android to Control Your micasaverde, it has intuitive GUI, like HC2 and that makes it easier to slip true the wife-control…
I use authomation.hd on my own Devices (just not the wall mounted ones)[/quote]
Ah, I’m on iPhone/iPad so can not try out Imperihome unfortuantely.

[quote=“tek, post:63, topic:174577”]There are some diferences in number of zones, and partitions.
The main reason i choose the pm30 where that pm30 has two slots for modules, where pm10 have only one and i would like to use the dual-rs232 and still have the possibility to use another one. Maby a pl3?

The initial price difference is not huge,[/quote]
Zone wise it’s probably enough with a PM10 for me but having to expansion slots sounds appealing. The dual-rs232 is used for communication with Vera I suppose?

Regarding PL3 I had the same thought but according to Nlrb you can’t use PL3 at the same time you send commands from Vera via serial as the Powermaster will be confused.

I am usually on IOS my self, but for the wall mounted tables i went for android.
It is cheaper, in norway you can get a 10" tablet With android for 6-700kr, and the GUI in imperihome or authomationhd is far better than the ones avaliable to apple Devices.
I do not think you can Control Your conected alarm With the ones avaliable to ios either.

nlbr is correct, you can not use PL3 and vera at the same time.
Vera is emulating PL so you will confuse the vera.

Connection to vera can either be done With RS-232 Interface and use a Rj45->Serial Cable, (my cisco console cables Works Perfect).
-or You can og for a DIY Version, explained in other threads on the forum. Then you need a usb->Serial adapter, a cable and use some of the pins on the output.

but i prefered to use the rs232, together With cables and usb->Serial adapters i had laying around.
I do not think the dual-rs232 is avaliable for the pm10 and you have to go for the DIY Version.

Thanks to the great help of tek I’ve been able to make a version that supports the PowerMaster models much better. With this version ‘Auto-create devices’ can be turned on, as it automatically detects the sensors, sirens and keypads.

The following sensors are currently supported: Next PG2, Next CAM PG2, SMD-426 and the MC-302.

If you have a sensor that is not recognized then please email the info of the sensor (type, zone) with the powermax_settings.txt file.

The code is available in the 1.2 branch: revision 79.

Is there anyone that can verify something on a powermax, With Remote programmer?

In section, Installer Settings → Panel Definitions
i need verification that 33. inactivity alert = Enabled or Disabled

This setting is at least Disabled by default in Powermaster Alarm Panels sold in UL Listed countries.
I think this is the setting used for Special Functions; Looking after People at home - and reffers to “Disarm Activity = YES, no delay” setting on the PIR`s

Edit: never mind, tests showed setting to not be helpful.

does anyone have a Powermaster 30 - V17, and Connected With vera?

@Freddan101
if you by LCD-keypad mean

then be advised that it isn’t a keypad, its can only be armed with the proximitytags, no tapping in a code to arm/disarm. i baught one thinking it was an LCD-keypad.
/R

[quote=“tek, post:65, topic:174577”]I am usually on IOS my self, but for the wall mounted tables i went for android.
It is cheaper, in norway you can get a 10" tablet With android for 6-700kr, and the GUI in imperihome or authomationhd is far better than the ones avaliable to apple Devices.
I do not think you can Control Your conected alarm With the ones avaliable to ios either.

nlbr is correct, you can not use PL3 and vera at the same time.
Vera is emulating PL so you will confuse the vera.

Connection to vera can either be done With RS-232 Interface and use a Rj45->Serial Cable, (my cisco console cables Works Perfect).
-or You can og for a DIY Version, explained in other threads on the forum. Then you need a usb->Serial adapter, a cable and use some of the pins on the output.

but i prefered to use the rs232, together With cables and usb->Serial adapters i had laying around.
I do not think the dual-rs232 is avaliable for the pm10 and you have to go for the DIY Version.[/quote]

What is the DIY version for connecting the PM10 to the Vera? Do you know of anyone who has connected them?
cheers,
R
/

I would Guess you could use the utb-ttl adapter and the pin`s as descibed in other threads and at domoticaforum?
for sure you can do that With PM30

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=14721.0

[quote=“rockthelobster, post:69, topic:174577”]@Freddan101
if you by LCD-keypad mean

then be advised that it isn’t a keypad, its can only be armed with the proximitytags, no tapping in a code to arm/disarm. i baught one thinking it was an LCD-keypad.
/R[/quote]
Check out page 17 in linked PDF. Product decription says “Easy arm and disarm with User code or proximity tags and/or any RFID
employee card”.

[url=http://www.visonic.com/Data/Uploads/Corporate_Products_Catalog_4_web.pdf]http://www.visonic.com/Data/Uploads/Corporate_Products_Catalog_4_web.pdf[/url]

Maybe Visonic has updated the keypad?

Don’t think so. The comparison chart & manual all state clearly ‘proxy tags only’. Using a touch-screen to enter a security code is also not so safe, as you can see where the finger prints are and derive the access code.

According to one of the Swedish retailers the version they got has the numeric function. See attachments.

You may be right, a user on anther forum inquired about firmware upgrades claiming that the newer version accepts codes.

I realise Visonic doesn’t primarily sell to end users, but i find it rather confusing the way they sell the same model nr with different features, in new versions.
/R

Any progress during the last month regarding the PIRs? Are the door/window sensors working 100%?

Hi

I’m looking at the power master 30 as a potential replacement security system, and would like to integrate it with Vera.

If you are have one set up and integrated, please could you let me know how it is performing ?

Many thanks

[quote=“parkerc, post:77, topic:174577”]Hi

I’m looking at the power master 30 as a potential replacement security system, and would like to integrate it with Vera.

If you are have one set up and integrated, please could you let me know how it is performing ?

Many thanks[/quote]

I have Powermaster 30 in use with Vera Edge, and it’s working pretty well. One of the issues is that every time LUA is restarted (e.g. scenes are edited etc), Powermaster goes into “trouble”-state, but it clears this state quickly, so seems to be just a cosmetic problem.

Hi,
I have a PowerMaster33-G2 I’m trying to figure out if I can use it and for what, I’m trying to get started because in practice I have Vera Plus since less then a week and I sill have to understand where to find documentation manuals and so on.

Some good start would be:

• understand if the PGM is recognised/connected to vera
  • How to use the settings
  • What I should see in the event log and what is the access code
  • What is an X10 Dimmable and when I should flag it

Any help would be really appreciated and if needed I really would like to help to support the project, even just as a tester.

Thanks